What's new

Vacation Locations

I haven't been too terribly far in any of my travels. Farthest north is Seattle and Maine, farthest south is Honduras and Belize (on cruise), and farthest east and west is Puerto Rico and Hawaii. We're headed to Rome next month and we're excited about that. I'd been seeing some cheap flights to London as well as Lisbon that I'd been eyeballing for sometime next spring or so. We will see.
My wife is the big traveler. She loves it. I’m usually just along for the ride. I like the cruises and tropical locations, but too many people makes me anxious. So we try to avoid major population hub areas. The funny thing is that I didn’t have any trouble living in New York City. Thought I would, but it was fine.

My big bucket list trip is to take her to Japan. I’m hoping that we can pack in as much stuff there as we do in some of our other trips. Definitely want that one to be memorable.

My wife is the big traveler. She loves it. I’m usually just along for the ride. I like the cruises and tropical locations, but too many people makes me anxious. So we try to avoid major population hub areas. The funny thing is that I didn’t have any trouble living in New York City. Thought I would, but it was fine.

My big bucket list trip is to take her to Japan. I’m hoping that we can pack in as much stuff there as we do in some of our other trips. Definitely want that one to be memorable.
My wife spent a year in Japan prior to us meeting and has always wanted to go back. We were planning on timing it with the Tokyo temple open house, which is supposed to be some time next year. We'll see if we can survive that flight with the kids...

My wife spent a year in Japan prior to us meeting and has always wanted to go back. We were planning on timing it with the Tokyo temple open house, which is supposed to be some time next year. We'll see if we can survive that flight with the kids...
Would’ve done that too, but my daughter will be on her mission. Decided to push it out until they’re both done with missions and have a little more flexibility.

Ha! We used to say the same thing about Jersey. Called it the “armpit of NY”.

Now I have to defend both since my daughter will be there for her mission.
I have no desire to visit either place

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I also love Europe. Go about once a year and used to work over there. Been just about everywhere but haven't been to Portugal or Croatia which both look cool. Love the Alps, driving in sporty cars(best roads), Italy, Switzerland, Austria. Germany, especially the Eifel region is great too.

Portugal is amazing. If you have a chance to, you should definitely go see it.

Portugal is amazing. If you have a chance to, you should definitely go see it.
Where at? I was looking at flying in to Lisbon, staying a day or two, then driving to Madrid.

Ha! We used to say the same thing about Jersey. Called it the “armpit of NY”.

Now I have to defend both since my daughter will be there for her mission.

Jersey has a ton of beauty and I’m not just saying that since I live here. The majority of NYC is a dump imo, garbage all over. The smell. Just yuck.

Used to take the kids on road trips. Had to go back to NYC for some legal stuff after our car accident. Decided to make a family vacation out of it.

Started in Utah and drove through Wyoming, South Dakota (Crazy Horse Memorial and Mt. Rushmore), Minnesota (went fishing and took the kids to the Mall of America), Wisconsin (Lambeau Field tour and holy cheese), Illinois (visited family that live there), Indiana (Notre Dame), Ohio, Pennsylvania (went to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water home), New Jersey and finally spent four days back in New York eating pizza, hitting broadway, taking the kids to the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building and catching up with our friends back there.

Decided to take the roundabout way home too. From New York through New Jersey and Delaware to Baltimore (Annapolis National Cemetery and the Smithsonian in D.C.), Virginia, North Carolina (Outer Banks - which was amazing), Tennessee (zip line through the Smokey Mountains and an amazing ropes course in Gatlinburg), Kentucky, back through southern Illinois and Missouri (we visited Nauvoo and a number of other church sites in that area - Liberty Jail, Independence, Carthage, Far West, etc.), Kansas, Colorado (stopped in Denver for a short time) and finally back home to Utah. It was a LONG trip, but it was a blast.

Damn, good one. That's a ton of America.

This is what I hate about living back in Utah with so many kids. 10 hours only gives you so many options. We're looking at fall break and for only a few days it would be pricey to fly somewhere, but we'd like to do something a bit newer-ish. We did San Diego last month. Ideally, it'd be cool to do Disneyworld, or Florida, or Caribbean, or even the east coast, NY, or something, but those damn flights. Plus flying with 5 kids, three of them being 5 and under, sucks.

yxmumnqjj9exadlkhzio.jpg

Damn, good one. That's a ton of America.
I think I’ve been to every state except nine.

Five from the southwest - New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

Four from the Northeast - Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

I’ve traveled a lot less internationally though.

They also have some event called the Olympics next year, hope for your sake its not at the same time. My cousin goes to Japan a lot to ski, loves the joint, I always thought it would be super expensive however I'm told everything costs more or less the same as **** does here. One day..

I also love Europe. Go about once a year and used to work over there. Been just about everywhere but haven't been to Portugal or Croatia which both look cool. Love the Alps, driving in sporty cars(best roads), Italy, Switzerland, Austria. Germany, especially the Eifel region is great too.

Bitch my family is from the Italian Alps.