What's new

Vacation Locations

How much would a week in St Thomas or Aruba cost? 3 flights and a week in the hotel/resort?

Like 6000 or so im guessing?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

We have a timeshare so rooms are free. And nice. I think flights to St Thomas were like $375-450. I forget. Aruba was more because it’s super close to South America. Like $700-800 I think.

Really wanna do in no particular order...
Maine
Key West again
SF/Napa/Sonoma
Yosemite
Utah again-Games, a different park
Canada—Montreal, Vancouver, etc.
Alaska
Oregon/Washington
Dakota’s/Montana/Idaho/Wyoming
Colorado
Texas to see my friend again
All the Europe stuff I mentioned
San Diego (everyone says great)
Argentina (Buenos Aires, south)
More Caribbean
Charleston, SC
New Orleans (near bottom of list)
College football games: LSU is 1st

Probably forgetting some other stuff
What the pic all about lol?

Yosimete is high on my list too.

Glacier national Park as well.

We have a timeshare so rooms are free. And nice. I think flights to St Thomas were like $375-450. I forget. Aruba was more because it’s super close to South America. Like $700-800 I think.
Damn that flight to St Thomas is way cheaper than I thought.
Of course I'm sure it wouldn't be that cheap from SLC compared to you on the east coast.

No idea how that pic got there and how to get it off lol. When I click edit it doesn’t appear.

But it’s a house we may take a look at. Thing is sick on outside. 125-150K into and it could be 1.2-1.7M in a few years.

I know a lot of you guys probably live in Utah. To me, my best vacation, and road trip, was across southern Utah, by myself (always loved to travel alone, and meet people and make friends along the way), did the 5 national parks, always able to find "away from the crowd places" in each of those parks. Been saying it for a few years now, still has not happened, but really hope to do it over again with my wife. I really want her to see that country. I know it has to be way more crowded now. Still, while there's time....

And I love road trips.

Did a 3500 mile one through the Northwest a few years ago and did no highways, just two lane roads. Utah-Nevada-Cali-Oregon-Washington-Montana-Idaho-Utah.

Also did two 3500 mile road trips in Europe with my kids the last two years... yep, I've driven 10's of thousands of miles in Europe and it never ever gets old.
Used to take the kids on road trips. Had to go back to NYC for some legal stuff after our car accident. Decided to make a family vacation out of it.

Started in Utah and drove through Wyoming, South Dakota (Crazy Horse Memorial and Mt. Rushmore), Minnesota (went fishing and took the kids to the Mall of America), Wisconsin (Lambeau Field tour and holy cheese), Illinois (visited family that live there), Indiana (Notre Dame), Ohio, Pennsylvania (went to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water home), New Jersey and finally spent four days back in New York eating pizza, hitting broadway, taking the kids to the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building and catching up with our friends back there.

Decided to take the roundabout way home too. From New York through New Jersey and Delaware to Baltimore (Annapolis National Cemetery and the Smithsonian in D.C.), Virginia, North Carolina (Outer Banks - which was amazing), Tennessee (zip line through the Smokey Mountains and an amazing ropes course in Gatlinburg), Kentucky, back through southern Illinois and Missouri (we visited Nauvoo and a number of other church sites in that area - Liberty Jail, Independence, Carthage, Far West, etc.), Kansas, Colorado (stopped in Denver for a short time) and finally back home to Utah. It was a LONG trip, but it was a blast.

Last edited:
Used to take the kids on road trips. Had to go back to NYC for some legal stuff after our car accident. Decided to make a family vacation out of it.

Started in Utah and drove through Wyoming, South Dakota (Crazy Horse Memorial and Mt. Rushmore), Minnesota (went fishing and took the kids to the Mall of America), Wisconsin (Lambeau Field tour and holy cheese), Illinois (visited family that live there), Indiana (Notre Dame), Ohio, Pennsylvania (went to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water home), New Jersey and finally spent four days back in New York eating pizza, hitting broadway, taking the kids to the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building and catching up with our friends back there.

Decided to take the roundabout way home too. From New York through New Jersey and Delaware to Baltimore (Annapolis National Cemetery and the Smithsonian in D.C.), Virginia, North Carolina (Outer Banks - which was amazing), Tennessee (zip line through the Smokey Mountains), Kentucky, back through southern Illinois and Missouri (we visited Nauvoo and a number of other church sites in that area - Liberty Jail, Independence, Carthage, Far West, etc.), Kansas, Colorado (stopped in Denver for a short time) and finally back home to Utah. It was a LONG trip, but it was a blast.
Wow you packed allot into that trip
Well done

Wow you packed allot into that trip
Well done
My wife is big on making memories wherever we go, so even when we drive through someplace we try to find something memorable to do.

We carved out a west coast trip the next summer that took us through Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, the Redwoods, the University of Oregon (my son was a huge Ducks fan at the time and we got to meet some of the football players and tour the training facility and locker room), stayed in a Tree House hotel, went through the Ape Caves in Washington (which was the highlight of the trip), up into Vancouver and went through a national park that had a massive suspended bridge (scared the crap out of me), then back down through Montana (my sister lives there), Idaho (hung out at Lake Couer d’Alene) and stopped for 4th of July fireworks at Idaho Falls before we drove back home.

If we ever do another one, I’d love to hit the southwestern and southern US. New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida and probably visit my brother in Georgia while we’re out there. Wouldn’t mind doing North Carolina and Virginia again as well.

Last edited:
How long was that trip Ellis? Had to be at least a month I’d guess.
It was just under three weeks. We drove from one destination to the next pretty efficiently and had everything planned out so that we would get to our activity and do it, then either drive or sleep depending on what we were doing. My wife is an early bird, so she could get up and drive fine and I’m a night owl, so I could drive as long as I needed to every night. It took a lot of planning, but it was great.

My wife, daughter and mother in law just recently took a two week trip out to Europe. Several days in London (which was my daughters highlight), then Paris (where they got to visit Notre Dame just before it burned), then Switzerland, and finally down into Italy where they visited every major city they could fit in. Milan, Venice (which was my wife’s favorite stop), Florence and finally Rome.

Flights are a crusher for a family of four. I plan my vacations around either cheap flights, sky mile flights or just driving which is always a great way to go with a family if you have time. But anywhere on the West coast is only a days drive so love those trips.
This is what I hate about living back in Utah with so many kids. 10 hours only gives you so many options. We're looking at fall break and for only a few days it would be pricey to fly somewhere, but we'd like to do something a bit newer-ish. We did San Diego last month. Ideally, it'd be cool to do Disneyworld, or Florida, or Caribbean, or even the east coast, NY, or something, but those damn flights. Plus flying with 5 kids, three of them being 5 and under, sucks.

Decided to take the roundabout way home too. From New York through New Jersey and Delaware to Baltimore (Annapolis National Cemetery and the Smithsonian in D.C.), Virginia, North Carolina (Outer Banks - which was amazing), Tennessee (zip line through the Smokey Mountains and an amazing ropes course in Gatlinburg), Kentucky, back through southern Illinois and Missouri (we visited Nauvoo and a number of other church sites in that area - Liberty Jail, Independence, Carthage, Far West, etc.), Kansas, Colorado (stopped in Denver for a short time) and finally back home to Utah. It was a LONG trip, but it was a blast.
That's a hell of a trip. A couple years ago we were living in Utah and were about to move back to Texas. We were looking at doing a trip from Texas all the way to Niagra Falls, then coming back a different way. Really just seeing a lot of the country that I've never seen. Didn't end up doing it with time crunch and stuff but it would have been nice. A pain in the ***, but nice experience.

This is what I hate about living back in Utah with so many kids. 10 hours only gives you so many options. We're looking at fall break and for only a few days it would be pricey to fly somewhere, but we'd like to do something a bit newer-ish. We did San Diego last month. Ideally, it'd be cool to do Disneyworld, or Florida, or Caribbean, or even the east coast, NY, or something, but those damn flights. Plus flying with 5 kids, three of them being 5 and under, sucks.
Ya I don't want to be on that flight with you

My wife, daughter and mother in law just recently took a two week trip out to Europe. Several days in London (which was my daughters highlight), then Paris (where they got to visit Notre Dame just before it burned), then Switzerland, and finally down into Italy where they visited every major city they could fit in. Milan, Venice (which was my wife’s favorite stop), Florence and finally Rome.
I haven't been too terribly far in any of my travels. Farthest north is Seattle and Maine, farthest south is Honduras and Belize (on cruise), and farthest east and west is Puerto Rico and Hawaii. We're headed to Rome next month and we're excited about that. I'd been seeing some cheap flights to London as well as Lisbon that I'd been eyeballing for sometime next spring or so. We will see.

Next summer my wife and I are wanting to drive from here up through Glacier, then into Canada and to Banff. I'm excited about that one.
Glacier is beautiful. My sister lives in Montana and she worked in the park for awhile. Last time we went through the park, part of it was on fire. Had to detour a ton and missed a lot of the things we wanted to see. Still beautiful though. All of it is a neat experience.