What's new

Video Game Thread

Super Mario Galaxy 2! Best Game Ever!

Has anyone else played this game yet. I just got it the other day and I can't stop playing. For those of you who don't own a Wii, you may want to consider the investment. I have a 360 and have played the majority of popular titles, but Galaxy 2 tops them all. Metacritic score is a 98!!

https://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/supermariogalaxy2

Super-Mario-Galaxy-2-E3-2009.jpg

I'm playing:

Red Dead Redemption(360)
Battlefield Bad Company 2(PC)

The first two X-Com games were great and I still play both now. A new game in the franchise is being developed also but of course as some shallow first person shooter. Twats.

I'm playing:

Red Dead Redemption(360)

The first two X-Com games were great and I still play both now. A new game in the franchise is being developed also but of course as some shallow first person shooter. Twats.

The sad thing is you could do a really great squad based first person shooter based in the X-COM world. There are plenty of cool/creepy things to shoot.

I sold my wii a few weeks ago and after reading everything online about Mario galaxy 2, I immediately regret it. Such is life eh?

Has anyone else played this game yet. I just got it the other day and I can't stop playing. For those of you who don't own a Wii, you may want to consider the investment. I have a 360 and have played the majority of popular titles, but Galaxy 2 tops them all. Metacritic score is a 98!!

Honestly, I heard from other fans (not game review sites that tend to go overboard with scores and praise with popular franchises, surprise surprise) its basically SMG1 with a few added gimmicks from previous Mario games. They say it's still great fun but nothing groundbreaking or new. Just more of the same, and the harder difficulty thats been all the talk is highly exaggerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that wii owners are so desperate for a good title that Mario Galaxy 2 feels like a whole new game. Where's my new Zelda or new F-Zero?

I'm playing:

Red Dead Redemption(360)

I'm also playing Battlefield Bad Company 2, but for the PS3:

https://bfbc2.elxx.net/stats/ps3/AtheistPreacher

Haven't really played any online FPSes since Quake 2, but BC2 is somethin' else. Mostly I'm a Medic M60 whore, even though they nerfed it somewhat with the patch. But I also really enjoy playing Engineer and blowing up vehicles. And that's gotten a lot easier now that they sped up the tracer dart so it's actually worth something.

BFBC2 & MW2 on PS3
Activision is going to suck $90 total out of me for MW2 with the map packs. Kinda sad in retrospect, so I try to just not think about it.

BFBC2 & MW2 on PS3
Activision is going to suck $90 total out of me for MW2 with the map packs. Kinda sad in retrospect, so I try to just not think about it.

Ouch. Those map packs are the biggest rip-offs I've ever seen for video games. 15 bucks each, right? They just take advantage of people's obsession of that game. I like the game but damn...

My guess is that wii owners are so desperate for a good title that Mario Galaxy 2 feels like a whole new game. Where's my new Zelda or new F-Zero?

Are there really serious gamers for Wii? Isn't it for kids mostly? My family has one and the only playable game for me is Tiger Woods 10...and they have like 15 games.

My brother and I played through a couple of games this summer. Mass Effect 2 and Final Fantasy 13... Mass Effect 2 was an AMAZING game, and one of the best games that I have ever played.

Final Fantasy 13 on the other hand was a joke.

Also Fifa 10 is an outstanding game!

Yeah FIFA 10 is great. Too bad seemingly everyone I play online is amazing. Can make for a VERY frustrating experience.

Video games? I don't have time for that because I'm too busy playing Angry Birds on my phone.