What's new

Wait, Mormons get boob jobs?

So it is the end of the world in other words? All believers going to heaven and all non believers remaining to live on Earth? Or going to Hell? Or to Purgatory?
Not quite. After Christ returns there will be changes and peace, where life will go on for the 1000 years, or a long time, then Satan who will be bound will be loosed and he will be angry. This is when things will get bad again for a while until the armageddon (last of all wars) where things are finally decided. After this will be judgement and whatever comes after.

That's the super bare bones run down, someone correct me if I am wrong.

LDS scripture declares the body to be a temple which they take to mean “sacred space”. But considering the vast amounts of sugar, pop, red meat, and processed foods many LDS consume, they are no different than most Americans.

Boob jobs and other body procedures are just par for the course in their overall love affair with wealth and prestige.

Reactions: MVP
I am more and more intrigued by this idea. Siro, you write Sci-Fi.. here is a script for you. Rapture happens when Earth is at the brink of overpopulation, polution, global warming, etc..., all believers are taken by god to some new planet and it is up to us - atheists fix the Earth. Sounds like cool story waiting to be written.

Not quite. After Christ returns there will be changes and peace, where life will go on for the 1000 years, or a long time

I do not like 1000 year part. Can Christ and Satan have 12 round boxing match and then winner takes all to heaven or hell and leaves Earth to us?

I do not like 1000 year part. Can Christ and Satan have 12 round boxing match and then winner takes all to heaven or hell and leaves Earth to us?
Whoever is alive is supposed to live a long time though too. I don't really get how, nor do I expect to. Also I think 1000 is symbolic and means a long time, probably not literally 1000, but I guess it could mean that.

So it is the end of the world in other words? All believers going to heaven and all non believers remaining to live on Earth? Or going to Hell? Or to Purgatory? To think if all believers would be gone and it is just us few atheists left to live here... we would have so much more space! It would be actually perfect solution for global warming, overpopulation, lack of food, etc. I like this plan from God. Please do it before I am old.
No matter how you slice it you are probably looking at 10's of billions, considering the prevailing belief is that would include all souls since Adam and Eve (whatever you take that to be). Let's just say that means from the very first homo sapiens known to exist. Estimates have been made that in our species there have been well over 100 billion on the planet in our history. Most religions believe in some way that only their adherents will inherit a place in "heaven", so that is a pretty small number actually, so the likelihood is we will end up trying to cram in excess of 90 billion people onto this planet, probably closer to that 100 billion mark, depending on who was "right". So get ready to get sweaty with everyone literally at each other's elbows for eternity.

https://www.prb.org/howmanypeoplehaveeverlivedonearth/

No matter how you slice it you are probably looking at 10's of billions, considering the prevailing belief is that would include all souls since Adam and Eve (whatever you take that to be). Let's just say that means from the very first homo sapiens known to exist. Estimates have been made that in our species there have been well over 100 billion on the planet in our history. Most religions believe in some way that only their adherents will inherit a place in "heaven", so that is a pretty small number actually, so the likelihood is we will end up trying to cram in excess of 90 billion people onto this planet, probably closer to that 100 billion mark, depending on who was "right". So get ready to get sweaty with everyone literally at each other's elbows for eternity.

https://www.prb.org/howmanypeoplehaveeverlivedonearth/

We can do it. Must I start another thread about the wonders of asteroid mining and the lameness of Mars colonization??

We can do it. Must I start another thread about the wonders of asteroid mining and the lameness of Mars colonization??
Future is in Europa. After Earth is turned to frying Venus/Mercury like planet moons of Jupiter will be in goldilock zone and since we already established that Europa has under ice ocean it will turn into our new home. God just needs to transfer all of us there safely. Ganymede and Calisto may turn out nice as well.

Future is in Europa. After Earth is turned to frying Venus/Mercury like planet moons of Jupiter will be in goldilock zone and since we already established that Europa has under ice ocean it will turn into our new home. God just needs to transfer all of us there safely. Ganymede and Calisto may turn out nice as well.

Small thinking! First, you're talking about an event BILLIONS of years in the future. Do you understand what can be accomplished by 10s of billions of humans over billions of years? The gulf that separates sharp rock and atomic bomb is mere 200 thousand years. The humans who still live in the solar system should be able to gather the materials of the system and make them into rings around the sun that can house trillions. If a way to stabilize the sun (by pumping mass into it for example) is found, great. If not, the rings would have to be continuously adjusted to match the rate of the sun's expansion. 10 billions years later or so, they'd have to move out. Oh well. It's a big universe.

Second, God is not needed to achieve any of this.

Small thinking! First, you're talking about an event BILLIONS of years in the future. Do you understand what can be accomplished by 10s of billions of humans over billions of years? The gulf that separates sharp rock and atomic bomb is mere 200 thousand years. The humans who still live in the solar system should be able to gather the materials of the system and make them into rings around the sun that can house trillions. If a way to stabilize the sun (by pumping mass into it for example) is found, great. If not, the rings would have to be continuously adjusted to match the rate of the sun's expansion. 10 billions years later or so, they'd have to move out. Oh well. It's a big universe.

Second, God is not needed to achieve any of this.

But, but wouldn’t we have to tear down the dome our flat earth is covered with first?

You beat me to it and put more work into it.

I've seen 12 as symbolic of totality but also priesthood. I've seen 1000 as symbolic for "a great many". Together it could be a great many people with the priesthood in their midst, and the totality of his true followers.

Good post.
Lol, maybe you didn't catch I was quoting Wikipedia nearly the entirety of my post.

If you are inferring that there is no caste hierarchy in LDS culture, then it is you that are using the blanket.

The line falls along socio-economic lines, and it falls along the Nauvoo bloodlines, from which every LDS president has hailed.

One need not look much further than to research the Council of Fifty to understand how Utah politics has operaed since 1847.

No, you really can’t. You can offer your own personal experience, and that’s about it. But if you don’t read and own your own religious history, you will always be at a disadvantage to those who do. Which is why you will continue to rely on insults to make your points.
Thomas s monson was if swedish, his grandfather was born in Sweden in 1867.

A simple search will tell you that not all of the lds presidents were of nauvoo heritage.

I’m halfway to Falls Creek .. 215 cm, fresh powder and 2 clear sunny days coming. I will endeavor to supply some snow bunny photos for you dude

Thanks man at least someone is thinking of me. I just did a day trip to Kyneton, which was ok, I'm off to Tassie next weekend.

So what's the conclusion of this thread? Is str8line getting that boob job or not?

A simple search will tell you that not all of the lds presidents were of nauvoo heritage.

My apologies, you are correct. But it was true for so long that I forgot that Monson was the first in 2008.

It only took them 161 years to turn over ownership of the corporation sole to a guy who’s family still moved there in the 1800s.

Thankfully for all the OG LDS out there, Russell M. Nelson returned the baton to a Nauvoo bloodline.