What's new

Walker Kessler Thoughts?

Wanted to see what you guys thought of Kessler. Being an Auburn fan it’s nice to finally have a former Auburn Tiger on the Jazz roster. I know it’s only been 1 preseason game, but just curious of where y’all think his ceiling is and if you think he can contribute.
He looked like he was really well coached in college. He knew exactly where he was supposed to be and did well without the ball in his hands. He also had nice touch around the rim. Defensively it looks like it may take some time, he had his first welcome to the NBA moment when Achiuwa drove and dunked it over him, the athletes in the NBA are crazy.

Seeing that he's got decent intangibles for a 20 year old rookie is great to see. I'm excited to see his game grow.

Just curious but could VW be versatile enough to play the 4 in the NBA? A Kessler/VW tandem on the floor would be nuts!

Seeing that he's got decent intangibles for a 20 year old rookie is great to see. I'm excited to see his game grow.

Just curious but could VW be versatile enough to play the 4 in the NBA? A Kessler/VW tandem on the floor would be nuts!
Yes, VW should probably be a 4 in the NBA.

I wouldnt play VW at the 5 personally, at lest not as a starter. I'd want him next to someone to take the physicality of the position off his shoulders. VW can dominate as a 4.

Cy had a bizarre take, and fortunately he's reversing course within 72h lol.

Contrary to some of the other dud experiences we're seeing (the coach, Simone, Butler) this dude looks great right out of the gates. Damian worked him, but I've seen Damian and CP3 work Gobert off of stepbacks-- not an issue at this juncture.

Other play not being discussed here from last night is the simple dump-pass to the cutter. He plays smoothly, he has good feel, and he knows what he's doing. It's rare, and to me he's been the early surprise of the season.

- George

Kessler screams big finesse center in the post. He could blossom into a above average starter. I would have him focus on his strengths which is being big and some rim protection and maybe let him do some work in the post.

Walker Kesller will be destroyed by our coach Hardy desire to win, we have legit chance miss on this french sensation becsuse Hardy will play veterans instead of Walker Kessler.
Agbaji, Kessler, and Simone will ride the pine so that Olynyk, Beasley, and Zeller can get PT.

Agbaji, Kessler, and Simone will ride the pine so that Olynyk, Beasley, and Zeller can get PT.
I think Zeller will be riding the pine too assuming he makes the team but yeah I think you are right. Especially with someone like Wemby available in the draft I'd be much happier to throw the kids out there and take the lumps this season. As a first year coach Hardy will want to win as many games as possible but he does have a 5 year contract.

I think Zeller will be riding the pine too assuming he makes the team but yeah I think you are right. Especially with someone like Wemby available in the draft I'd be much happier to throw the kids out there and take the lumps this season. As a first year coach Hardy will want to win as many games as possible but he does have a 5 year contract.
Playing the veterans over the young guys has literally 0 benefit for the franchise long term.