What's new

We can now legitimately reflect on Tony Bradley...

I hope he builds up some trade value. His production has been very high, so if his +/- isn't abysmal and he doesn't have a lowlight package of defense, I could see him having some (which the Jazz kind of desperately need some trade chips since they basically don't have a 1st-rounder to send).

In any case, his ceiling on this team is Gobert's backup and that is not a terribly difficult role to fill.

Bradley is really a 3rd stringer and really a placeholder, but it will be tough to find a decent backup center willing to play for minimal minutes and chump change.

Bradley is really a 3rd stringer and really a placeholder, but it will be tough to find a decent backup center willing to play for minimal minutes and chump change.
There is no position where that role is easier to fill.

He's serviceable but he's really not above average in any phase of the game. As someone pointed out, he's decent at tip ins but defensively he's slow, he's not physical, and he has no offensive prowess.

He's not even serviceable unfortunately. I like the kid and he has some offensive skill but our defense goes in the trash can with him in there.

Sometimes I think to myself he can be like Zubac with a bit less verticality, but his reactions seem to be just a click slow.

I consider end of game minutes pretty worthless so he is now getting real nba minutes in real nba situations so I'm willing to give him some more time but he's been pretty bad.

Jeff Green is a 10 +year vet who doesnt even try to defend. That guy is stealing money. I'm so done with him, I don't care how many 3's he hits.

I'd rather see Bradley play then Green.

Sent from my SM-G960U using JazzFanz mobile app

I wanted to like Bradley but man when Gobert comes off the court the difference is so noticeable. He's limited in so many ways it is tough to watch. His game is entirely based on tip ins due to his length. But it doesnt really serve him on the defensive end because he's too slow to react to a lot plays. A lot of the negatives we knew already. Still not sure why DL reached to take him. It makes no sense.

Can we reflect though? The biggest issue I see is we are hoping Bradley can be like Gobert and having him play the same role as him when he has completely different strengths and weaknesses. Once we acknowledge this and start playing to his strengths and trying to look to minimise his weaknesses then we can truly judge him. Playing alongside a low effort and low IQ player in Jeff Green doesn't help to hide his defense, same as playing alongside a low IQ PG in Mudiay. Stagger the minutes so that our best defensive wing (O'neale) shares the floor with him. Then we can judge what his defense is truly like whilst playing as a drop big which in itself might not be the best way of defending whilst Rudy is resting.

As for his offense, he is every bit as good as Rudy at setting a pick and that in itself is a valuable skill set. But beyond setting picks and going for offensive boards he isn't used at all on offense, regardless of whether he is open or not. His team mates need to understand that unlike Gobert they can throw more difficult passes as Bradley has the hands to catch them, whether he can then finish the play remains to be seen but he needs to be given the chance to prove that which isn't happening at present. Similarly when he runs the floor and beats his opponent down the floor and has a mismatch that pass has to be made to him, he has shown he can finish over smaller guys but our guards are to slow at 1. bringing the ball up the floor and 2. getting the ball to him.

I think if we are hoping Bradley can come into the game and simply try and hold things together whilst Rudy rest then we are asking for trouble but if we acknowledge he is different and can fill up the box score whilst Rudy rest then we can potentially make it work. Break even playing a fast pace scoring 15 points each whilst Rudy rest rather than being outscored 5 to 10 playing a slow pace.

I feel like he is who I thought he was (cue Denny Green). Has nothing that sets him apart as a big. Had no real upside... he’s nba2k generic build a center.

He’s agile for his size... sweet... what does that get us on a basketball court? Can’t shoot, doesn’t anchor the defense, isn’t switchable, and the best part... he has little to no athletic ability that would give him upside and he shows zero promise as a shooter.

We picked the kid and I thought that maybe it was because he’d shown some ability to shoot... when it was clear he couldn’t and when he had shown nothing else that seemed particularly useful we should have walked away. Bigs are a dime a dozen... the pick made zero sense at the time... we could have taken a wing/guard at 30 and taken another center prospect at 42... instead we trade up for a mediocre prospect with the main reason being that we heard the Spurs wanted him. DL has been very good... that one was a fail.

I’m not a hater and I see he has some tools. But my narrative remains the same: how many below the rim, non explosive, non rim protecting, non outside shooting bigs are in the nba?

I’m not a hater and I see he has some tools. But my narrative remains the same: how many below the rim, non explosive, non rim protecting, non outside shooting bigs are in the nba?
Exactly... combine that with the fact that center is the most abundant position in the league and you can fill in backup center with high quality, ready made guys with minimums or cap exceptions... hell Aron Baynes was fuggin salary dumped this offseason and he makes like 5M. It was always a bad pick and the fact that he can’t give us 12 good minutes in year 3 and we already picked up his 4th year option is not great.

Sadly, what i saw from Davis wasn't much, if any, better. That dude is so bad on offense.
I saw another poster saying that marcin gortat is available. I would like us to snag him if possible. Or noah if he is good to go.

There's no excuse for half-hearted effort, and last night I saw that from Bradley. Not to mention he sucks.