What's new

" WE GOT OUR -(W)IN- AS ALWAYS" - Enes Kanter

We blew 9th pick on Burke and 3rd on Kanter.
Agreed.

I didn't like the burke pick when it happened.

I liked the kanter pick and really wanted derrick Williams to fall to the jazz.

Speaking of drafts and picks.

Cleveland took tristan Thompson #4, dion waiters #3 (iirc), Anthony bennett #1, and wiggins #1 and traded him away.

Talk about blowing picks.

The only one of those guys still on their team is Thompson and he is on a horrible contract.

At least they got kyrie (#1) and lebron (#1) right. Don't think they should really get any credit for making the right pick with lebron though since he was probably the most obvious choice for the #1 pick in the history of the nba.

How the hell did they get so many top 5 picks? That's some bs

+6 with kanter on the floor. +16 when he was on the bench. Okc is far better with adams on the floor. Worst defensive center in the nba.

Let him trash talk, to some extent he deserves it.

But I do think it's funny that one of the major reasons he left Utah was playing time. And now he's getting 20.7 mins/game, the least since his sophomore year in Utah.

The difference is he got his big *** paycheck, so the pressure is off.

The difference is he got his big *** paycheck, so the pressure is off.

Yeah, players want minutes in their contract year so they can get a big paycheck. Now that he has one, he is OK with playing his role. It's nothing to really attack the guy on.

Not saying he is a superstar but the man is top-10 in PER. His defense is actually gone from bad to okay now. We know he can score. At the end of the day we gave away a 20/10 guy for nothing

WtziwR1.png

So was Al Jefferson. PER is almost always right, except when it comes to slow, plodding bigs who can score at a marginally efficient clip and play no defense. Kanter happens to be a top efficiency producer... on a team where they cannot afford to double team the post up man.

At least they got kyrie (#1) and lebron (#1) right. Don't think they should really get any credit for making the right pick with lebron though since he was probably the most obvious choice for the #1 pick in the history of the nba.

How the hell did they get so many top 5 picks? That's some bs

Kyrie was the clear number one as well. No credit there.

Most drafts have a clear number one.

Not saying he is a superstar but the man is top-10 in PER. His defense is actually gone from bad to okay now. We know he can score. At the end of the day we gave away a 20/10 guy for nothing

Wow, a 20/10 guy in only 20.7 minutes per night. That's quite the feat! Don't know if that's ever been done before.

He would be a 24/16 guy if given minutes, I just round down to 20/10 :)

Perhaps. But he's also getting a lot of minutes against backups. Put him up against starters and his production would drop. Also consider he'd lose touches to Durant and Westbrook. He had the same opportunity in Utah; come off the bench as the 6th man. AND, he was getting MORE minutes than he is now. He fancied himself as a superstar (best player of his generation was the quote, I believe) who was above playing defense. I really don't care what Utah got for him. Glad he's gone.