What's new

We're done...

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
That's it. Enough. Nothing more can be salvaged from this season. They should now:

- Start: Jefferson, Favors, Miles, Hayward, Harris
- Let Millsap rest for the rest of the season
- Play Favors 35 min, Hayward 35 min, Evans 35 min

We're not done. Beat Memphis tomorrow and it's a 3 horse race. Sometimes you take the first punch in a fight you win.

We're not done. Beat Memphis tomorrow and it's a 3 horse race. Sometimes you take the first punch in a fight you win.

hmmm... we'll see, but the way we're playing? beating Memphis would be a stretch.. let alone beating Lakers (playing them twice), Hornets (twice), Spurs, Thunder, Portland, Dallans... OMG.. have you seen our schedule????

Also did you see how many mistakes Hayward made today? Let him play 35+ minutes. Let him make all the mistakes this year so he can start next year fresh. Same with Favors - let him try all the new moves this year. Also run all the plays to death, so come next year it becomes second nature.

Forget the Playoffs.. it's hard for me to say this but .. It's Over!

Don't quit. But for all that is holy quit playing Bell. Let the young guys play and see if they can get us there. If not...who cares it's a great experience for them. Bell can go the Price route and sit with an "injury".

Right now we sit in the 11th spot with 34 losses. Memphis is in 8th with 32 losses. We play Memphis tomorrow, and the winner gets the head to head tiebreaker. Phoenix and Houston both own the head to head tiebreakers against us too.

Our remaining schedule has 12 games left. 10 of those games are against winning teams, and all of them are in the tight western conference. We still have 6 road games too, with 5 of them being against west teams that are over .500 at the moment. So that means we have 6 home games left, with 5 of them being against west teams over .500 at the moment.

Lets be very generous here and say the Jazz win the 2 games against sub .500 teams, win 3 of the 5 home games against playoff teams, and win 2 of the 5 road games against playoff teams. That puts the Jazz at 43-39 to end the season, and at least Phoenix and Houston owning head to head tie breakers.

Memphis has 12 games left. 7 of those games are against winning teams. They have 4 road games left against winning teams, 3 home games left against winning teams. Lets be generous here and say they lose all 7 of those games left against winning teams, but win the 5 against losing teams. That would mean they finish 43-39 with the Jazz owning the head to head tie breaker.

Phoenix (currently in 10th with 33 losses) has 14 games left. 9 of those games are against winning teams. They have 5 road games left against winning teams and 4 home games against winning teams. Lets again be generous and say they lose all 9 of those games and win the 5 against losing teams. That would put them at 40-42 and owning the head to head tie breaker over the Jazz.

Houston (currently in 9th with 34 losses) has 11 games left. They have 6 games left against winning teams. They have 3 road games left against winning teams, and 3 home games against winning teams. If we're generous say they lose all 6 of those games against winning teams, but win the 5 against losing teams, they finish at 42-40 and own the head to head tie breaker over the Jazz.

New Orleans (currently in 7th with 31 losses) has 11 games left. They have 10 games against winning teams, with 5 at home and 5 on the road. If we're as generous as we were with everyone else, they beat the one losing team, and lose all 10 games against winning teams. In that case, they would finish 41-41.

So in the best, and pretty much unrealistic scenario, the Jazz finish 43-39, Memphis finishes 43-39 but loses the tie breaker to Utah, Houston finishes 42-40, New Orleans finishes 41-41, and Phoenix finishes 40-42.

Of course, this is based on Memphis and New Orleans losing every single game they play against winning teams (including tomorrow and Thursday against the Jazz). So if Memphis beats the Jazz tomorrow, and/or New Orleans beats the Jazz on Thursday, you can pretty much forget about the Jazz going to the playoffs. You can pretty much forget about it anyway, realistically. There is virtually no chance that all of those teams go winless against over .500 teams the rest of the way. And there is also very little chance the Jazz win 5 out of 10 games against over .500 teams the rest of the way. But at least right now there is the unrealistic hope that all of this will happen and the Jazz will make the playoffs.

Last edited:
I agree. Even had the Jazz won tonight, the playoff picture was pretty dim given the tough schedule.

I'm counting on the Jazz getting the #6 and #12 picks in the draft. With a 25% chance of moving up, Karma repays us for dropping in 2005.
Jazz draft Barnes at #2 and then KOC tries to trade the #12 pick but is overruled by Gail and takes The Jimmer.

We are not done, but the chance is not good. Need to keep fighting.

I really want Millsap off the bench though. No points from the second unit hurt us bad.

I have a lot of faith in the Jazz, and I've been drinking the Koolaid, even spiked it some, and the truth is; Utah has zero chance of making the playoffs. I predict a 12th or 13th seed, if you will, in the western conference which is an excellent place to be. I believe there will be many games like tonight where the Jazz play close, and lose. I believe Corbin will continue to play Raja despite the obvious lack of help he brings, just because he's a veteran and "chose" to come to Utah (I cannot conjur up any other reason, despite repeated attempts). I am currently satisfied with the state of Utah's situation, because that stench coming from New Jersey brings talent and optimism, and when basketball starts in February, Raja will have retired and taken his untalents to some beach. At this point, dreaming is all I got.

I'm counting on the Jazz getting the #6 and #12 picks in the draft. With a 25% chance of moving up, Karma repays us for dropping in 2005.
Jazz draft Barnes at #2 and then KOC tries to trade the #12 pick but is overruled by Gail and takes The Jimmer.

I love this. Somebody make a vision board.

yeah lets get two good picks and trade them for 2 higher picks orso so we could draft jimmer and derrick williams

so we have
pg - harris, watson, jimmer
sg miles hayward jimmer
sf D-will 2.0, miles AK
PF - Jefferson sap favors
C -Favors jefferson

maybe sign and trade ak for a ballboy or a chearleader.

Guys, it's cool. That ain't no 13-y.o. girl. It's Kurt Cobain in a tubetop. Nothing to be alarmed about.

UB, something about that white girl says "rape me".

anigif_funcolorz-29916-1300112843-29.gif