What's new

Westbrook Traded to Wiz

I think this makes Houston slightly better. I think there’s volatility there, but that’s both good and bad. It’s not good for any long-term sustainability or something you want to rely on to have any consistency, but if people are laughing about this, this is a team that could light you up on any given night. I don’t know what Wall will look like after missing how much he has, and don’t know what kind of shape he’ll be in, but there’s still talent there, and if everyone is laughing at the franchise it’s going to take a lot of pressure off these guys so they can then go out and smoke some guys. I just hope it isn’t us on those nights. It would sure be nice to have some kind of cheap defensive option we could throw at those guys...

Why in the hell do they keep trying to pair Harden with a star pg? So dumb. Why not trade Westy for a few young assets to really fill up the roster to better utilize Hardens scoring and playmaking?
It's sorta like what Mavs are doing with Doncic. They got rid of DSJ at the earliest convenience when they realized they need to build a team around Luka. Basically let the kid handle the ball and everyone get out of the way. That's why I don't understand the fact that this jazz organization keep trying to put another ball-dominant guard next to DM

I don’t see Harden-Wall working very well. Wall can realllllly dog it when the ball isn’t in his hands. Like, basically hands in his pockets.
So does Harden. Westbrook didn’t have much trade value obviously but I’d have probably just kept him... the pick is nice doe.

Either way that team is about to be done.

JOHN WALL and BOOGIE COUSINS are back together and they have JAMES HARDEN! Pretty cool... All reports are that Cousins looks great and very lean and has been working his *** off.

Perhaps HOU is setting itself up to trade Harden and tank for a rebuild. They have been acquiring assets so this might be another sign that they’re hitting reset.

This is one of the worst most lazy trades I’ve seen in years. I’m not sure why the Rox do this trade? Wall hasn’t played in forevvvvverrrrrr. He might be washed for all we know, and that pick could end up in the mid to high teens. There’s some talent on that team, and should help that they play in the east.
Because Westbrook, after only one season when he didnt get to dominate the ball all the time, asked for a trade.

I know Wall has his flaws, but at least Houston gets that pick back.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Because Westbrook, after only one season when he didnt get to dominate the ball all the time, asked for a trade.

That's not what was reported, though. He felt the locker room was unredeemable so he wanted out not to get in anyone's way.

No one can really say Westbrook was the reason for the Rocket's dysfunction, he is off-putting to many fans but not one of his teammates talked bad about him. Even KD when he thought he was on his burner while slandering everyone defended Russ, lol.

I think this makes Houston slightly better. I think there’s volatility there, but that’s both good and bad. It’s not good for any long-term sustainability or something you want to rely on to have any consistency, but if people are laughing about this, this is a team that could light you up on any given night. I don’t know what Wall will look like after missing how much he has, and don’t know what kind of shape he’ll be in, but there’s still talent there, and if everyone is laughing at the franchise it’s going to take a lot of pressure off these guys so they can then go out and smoke some guys. I just hope it isn’t us on those nights. It would sure be nice to have some kind of cheap defensive option we could throw at those guys...
I think this does make Houston better. Curious to see how alienated other players are. That could be a tough locker room this year.

Wall is likely going to be very meh coming off an achilles. He is really going to have to prove himself as a shooter to have a good 2nd half of his career.

How does losing a top 30 player and getting back a guy with a bad achilles who cant shoot make your team better?

Russ is a guy who limits how good your team can be and can absolutely sabotage you, but he's still really freaking good.

Lmao, what? Westbrook dominated the ball just as much as he usually does. One of the higher FGA per 36 and usage rates of his career.

He probably just didnt like the way the lockerroom was more lax under Harden. Harden is probably a bit more chill as a teammate, not someone who is going to get after guys.

I thought Westbrook could have been a great one-man show on the Knicks. It doesn't look like it will ever happen while he is still the star.

I actually like the fit better for Washington. They are soft as Hell, and one thing about Westbrook is that he isn't soft. He has a clear role there and will be swinging a lot of those assists to Beal.

Lmao, what? Westbrook dominated the ball just as much as he usually does. One of the higher FGA per 36 and usage rates of his career.

He probably just didnt like the way the lockerroom was more lax under Harden. Harden is probably a bit more chill as a teammate, not someone who is going to get after guys.
I think he realized he wasn't going to see the ball as much this year because it obviously didn't work having two such ball dominant guys. It probably took an easy conversation. One or the other said - I need the ball more. The other guy probably got pissed.

It's extremely odd that both guys want out. The loose lockerroom under Harden argument for Russ doesn't make sense if both guys are looking to leave.

You know what's better than having 1 key contributor coming off an Achilles injury? 2 key contributors coming off of an Achilles injury.

Both the psyche and physical well being of HOU might be pretty volatile this season.

Rockets just a got a ton easier for the Jazz to defend - even with a healthy John Wall.

With Harden still supposedly demanding to be moved - I can see a scenario where Harden gets all his points, and they miss the playoffs.

The only thing that matters in this HOU matchup is if the Jazz can make wide open shots against air. Wall/WB changes nothing.