What's new

Westbrook Traded to Wiz

I thought Westbrook could have been a great one-man show on the Knicks. It doesn't look like it will ever happen while he is still the star.

I agree. Russ in a packed Madison Square Garden would be something else.

( Sadly not packed this season though )

Honestly I dont get this trade. Did Westbrook not get along with Harden?
There is a story floating that Westbrook called a player only meeting during a long cold streak. Harden refused to take any constructive criticism and walked out. Westbrook wanted a trade stating there was no accountability among the players.

I don’t know if true but I have heard Westbrook isn’t easy to get along with in the locker room.
Though he tends to not gel with other superstars on the team, harden and KD. But, those two are hard to gel with in my opinion. Westy even tried to gel better with Harden, changed his whole game around to try to make it work with harden.

There is a story floating that Westbrook called a player only meeting during a long cold streak. Harden refused to take any constructive criticism and walked out. Westbrook wanted a trade stating there was no accountability among the players.
The same Westbrook that takes 50 shots a game and isn't as good as Harden expects more accountability. I dont blame Harden for walking out. You either conform to Harden or you leave. He is that type of offensive talent.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

The same Westbrook that takes 50 shots a game and isn't as good as Harden expects more accountability. I dont blame Harden for walking out. You either conform to Harden or you leave. He is that type of offensive talent.

Dude is just dripping with rings, there is no way you can criticize his game. . .

Dude is just dripping with rings, there is no way you can criticize his game. . .
Michael Jordan had a losing season every season without Scottie Pippen.

Harden is a rare NBA offensive talent. He isn't the comprehensive player MJ was, but he is a rare force. He needs to be supported by a load of defenders yet Houston just surrounded him with high ball usage PGs or SGs.

Last edited:
Michael Jordan had a losing season every season without Scottie Pippen.

Harden is a rare NBA offensive talent. He isn't the comprehensive player MJ was, but he is a rare force. He needs to be supported by a load of defenders yet Houston just surrounded him with high ball usage PGs or SGs.

What the team was doing wasn’t working and the best player who has the biggest impact, therefore he reds to change something and he walks out after throwing a tantrum of an only players meeting

Did he become an elite defender? Did he become a great floor spreader? Did he become great off the ball?

Did he continue to thrive with the ball in his hands? Was he best used when ball dominant?

Westbrook is who he is. He didn't evolve into some great piece next to Harden.

There were times when Westbrook looked like their best player because Harden was playing like garbage and holding the team back, which is why he threw a tantrum and grabbed his ball and left during the players only meeting, and yes, Westbrook played more off the ball and shot less threes because he isn’t a good 3 pt shooter. He did his part to hold himself accountable, Harden refused to.

Honestly I dont get this trade. Did Westbrook not get along with Harden?
Well, what it really comes down to is that Harden is incredibly immature and has no ****ing perspective. For all of Chris Paul and Westbrook’s warts, they have been scapegoated by a dude with a terrible history of having some of his worst performances in the biggest moments.

Supposedly, they are still friends, but Westbrook wanted out because that locker room and organization simply does whatever Harden wants which has created a toxic and lax environment that Westbrook didn’t want to remain a part of. And Harden wanted to scapegoat Russ, straight up.

Harden’s going to have to figure out how to be a professional if he ever wants to sniff a championship.

Harden will never lead a team to a championship. If he does win a ring, someone else will be leading the team.

Even though I do not admire Westbrook, I think he’s more of a leader than Harden ever was.