What's new

Western conference regular season prediction contest

What I am afraid of defensively is that we will be so bad offensively that this will hurt our defense. Big part of being great defensive team is making opponents to play in the half court and big part of it is your team scoring in order to make the opponent inbound after made baskets. My fear is that our O will be bad enough to disrupt our D.

so... you're a hater.

:p

1. GSW
2. OKC
3. Houston
4. SA
5. Utah
6. Minnesota
7. Portland
8. LAC
9. Memphis
10. New Orleans
11. Denver
12. Sacramento
13. LAL
14. Dallas
15. Phoenix

Last edited:
So apparently Kawhi has an overuse injury that sounds similar to the one Favors had in training camp last year. He is sitting out the entire preseason.

1. GSW
2. HOU
3. OKC
4. SAS
5. DEN
6. UTA
7. MIN
8. POR
9. LAC
10. NOLA
11. MEM
12. SAC
13. LAL
14. DAL
15. PHX

Last edited:
1. GSW
2. HOU
3. SAS
4. OKC
5. MIN
6. UTA
7. POR
8. LAC
9. MEM
10. DEN
11. NOLA
12. LAL
13. DAL
14. SAC
15. PHX

So apparently Kawhi has an overuse injury that sounds similar to the one Favors had in training camp last year. He is sitting out the entire preseason.

Oho, thanks for the news, will tweak my picks just a little I think. Still not sure OKC figures it out fast enough to get the Spurs, but I'll put Houston over them now.

pls consider taking predictions for at least the next week. tia?

not sure if I understand the question, but you can make and update predictions anytime between now and first regular season game tipoff.

1. Golden State
2. Oklahoma City
3. Houston
4. San Antonio
5. Utah
6. Minnesota
7. Memphis
8. Clippers
9. Denver
10. Portland
11. New Orleans
12. Sacramento
13. Dallas
14. Lakers
15. Phoenix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So everyone has Jazz at a 5 seed +/- 1 spot except for Stitches who thinks we wont make the playoffs so far.

1-GSW
2-OKC
3-Houston
4-SA
5-Minny
6-Jazz
7-Denver
8-Memphis
9-Porty
10-LAC
11-Dallas
12-NO
13-Lakers
14-Phoenix
15-kings

What I am afraid of defensively is that we will be so bad offensively that this will hurt our defense. Big part of being great defensive team is making opponents to play in the half court and big part of it is your team scoring in order to make the opponent inbound after made baskets. My fear is that our O will be bad enough to disrupt our D.

Utah's offense should be about like Memphis or Miami last year, somewhere in the 15 - 20 range. We've actually got a lot of guys who can move the ball and shoot well enough. The question is how well the Jazz initiate offense when things tighten up in the 4th quarter. That responsibility is probably going to go to Hood and Joe Johnson since they can reliably create their own shot, but don't entirely rule out Alec Burks if he's shooting well.

So a top-5 defensive rating and a top 20 offensive rating should get the Jazz 44-47 wins.

I'm amazed that people believe in the Clippers. Injury histories aside, they lost CP3, Redick, Crawford, Mbah a Moute and Speights. That's like 5 of their top 8 or 9 rotation players. It's a ton of scoring, ball movement and defense.

They bring in Gallinari (who hasn't played more than 70 games since who knows), Teodosic (who doesn't defend at all and has never played anything close to an 82-game schedule), Patrick Beverly (who defends, but needs to be set up on offense), and what else? Blake Griffin is their best player, and he's likely to miss some games. I'm not convinced yet that they're better than the Pelicans.

I'm amazed that people believe in the Clippers. Injury histories aside, they lost CP3, Redick, Crawford, Mbah a Moute and Speights. That's like 5 of their top 8 or 9 rotation players. It's a ton of scoring, ball movement and defense.

They bring in Gallinari (who hasn't played more than 70 games since who knows), Teodosic (who doesn't defend at all and has never played anything close to an 82-game schedule), Patrick Beverly (who defends, but needs to be set up on offense), and what else? Blake Griffin is their best player, and he's likely to miss some games. I'm not convinced yet that they're better than the Pelicans.

Yeah, injuries are a concern, but I dont see how people like Denver more than them.

Gary Harris has played really well off of Jokic. He's going to like Millsap, too. Harris has a breakout year. And I think get something good out of Murray.