What's new

Western conference regular season prediction contest

Yeah, injuries are a concern, but I dont see how people like Denver more than them.

Denver looked great in their first preseason game against GSW. Millsap was fantastic. Millsap-Jokic is going to be a great combo. Mudiay looked like something. Dunno, man. Denver could be really good. I might have to revise my ranking.

Man I haven't followed this off-season well at all

Here goes

1. GSW
2. OKC
3. HOU
4. SAS
5. UTA
6. MIN
7. POR
8. DEN
9. LAC
10. NOP
11. MEM
12. SAC
13. LAL
14. DAL
15. PHO

1. Minnesota
2. Warriors
3. Pelicans
4. OKC
5. Utah
6. Spurs
7. Portland
8. Denver
9. Memphis
10. Clippers
11. Lakers
12. Sacrimento
13. Dallas
14. Phoenix
15. Houston

1) GSW
2) SAS
3) OKC
4) MIN
5) HOU
6) UTH
7) LAC
8) DEN
9) POR
10) NO
11) MEM
12) SAC
13) DAL
14) LAL
15) PHO

1. GSW
2. Rockets
3. Thunder
4. Spurs
5. Jazz
6. Timberwolves
7. Grizzlies
8. Pelicans
9. Blazers
10.Clippers
11. Nuggets
12. Kings
13. Lakers
14. Mavericks
15. Suns

Last edited:
Same as last year. JazzFanz will provide a small prize to the winner. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

damn, lots of JFCers are pretty hyped on the wolves.

I think they are the hardest to predict. They did add a really good player and they also have some really good young players. Those young players have not contributed to winning yet but maybe they put it together this year. If they do that and the new players mesh well they could be really good. They also might suck again.

I think they are the hardest to predict. They did add a really good player and they also have some really good young players. Those young players have not contributed to winning yet but maybe they put it together this year. If they do that and the new players mesh well they could be really good. They also might suck again.

I think it's another year before KAT is the defensive anchor he needs to be if they're going to climb high in the West. The Teague signing may be a good fit, but I've soured on him steadily ever since the Hawks' magic season a few years ago. I'm just not buying Teague and KAT as the defenders at the point-of-attack and at the anchor.

I predicted that they'll make the playoffs; but I'm betting against a meteoric rise.

I think it's another year before KAT is the defensive anchor he needs to be if they're going to climb high in the West. The Teague signing may be a good fit, but I've soured on him steadily ever since the Hawks' magic season a few years ago. I'm just not buying Teague and KAT as the defenders at the point-of-attack and at the anchor.

I predicted that they'll make the playoffs; but I'm betting against a meteoric rise.

Yeah, I dont believe KAT is going to be an average defender next year yet, he will be below again. But offensively I think he will be solid. I think Teague will be okay and a decent defender. I think the big upgrade will obviously be Butler. He is a really good player. I also think Wiggins will be much more efficient and next year is the year he becomes a decent defender. Not a great defender yet but a decent one. The biggest question is if Butlers attitude will boost them or hurt them.

Last edited:
1 Warriors
2 San Antonio
3 okc
4 Houston
5 Minnesota
6 Utah
7 Denver
8 lac
9 Portland
10 Memphis
11 LA L
12 Sac
13 Phoenix
14 Dallas
15 New Orleans

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1. GSW
2. OKC
3. HOU
4. SAS
5. MIN
6. LAC
7. DEN
8. UTA*
----------------------------
9. POR
10. MEM
11. NOP
12. SAC
13. LAL
14. PHO
15. DAL

*It's going to be very tough to make the playoffs, teams behind the Jazz in 8th seed in my list each have 2 established stars on their team, down to the pelicans, some are superstars. Bias will be bias however, so of corse we make it!

1 GSW
2 OKC
3 SAN
4 HOU
5 UTA
6 MIN
7 DEN
8 LAC

9 MEM
10 NOL
11 POR
12 SAC
13 DAL
14 LAL
15 PHX

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Clips sneak 5th from Minny if the wolves don't gel as well as they can. Watching the clippers game right now and Teo looks like a great addition. He has 4 assists already in the first quarter, there's 3 minutes left, and he didn't even start.

It's also obvious Austin Rivers shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 5. Odd man out.

1. "The City" or "The Town" - whatever the hell the Warriors are calling themselves now.
2. Thunder
3. Jazz
4. Spurs
5. Rockets
6. Timberwolves
7. Grizzlies
8. Clippers
9. Nuggets
10. Blazers
11. Pelicans
12. Kings
13. Lakers
14. Suns
15. Mavericks

I know I have the Jazz ranked too high. But I have to be a fan and cheer for their success. Utah is due for a season where everything goes right. Gobert will be DPOY. And Snyder will win COY. Presti has already locked up Exec of the Year. Mitchell makes an immediate impact, but doesn't play enough mins to get ROY (that award goes to Ball).

Hayward is caught in a compromising position with Stevens and his wife files for divorce.

Last edited: