What's new

What are Republicans doing to Unify the country?

Thanks for making my point since I and most other Americans don’t subscribe to the red or blue cult confidence in elections are WAY down and people are leaving the blue cult in droves. Thus only those “true believers” are left in the blue cult and confidence by percentage appears higher, funny how numbers and cults work.
We've got all kinds of sentence construction going on here.

Remember back in 2016 when Trump "won" (thanks to the electoral college, despite receiving 3 million fewer votes than Hillary Clinton)? Back then Trump made the claim that 3 to 5 million people voted illegally for Hillary. One of his cronies, Gregg Phillips, was on Chris Cuomo's show in January of 2017 and said that they had the evidence but that it would take them "about 3 months" to present it to the public. Here we are almost 7 years later and we still haven't seen it. Because it never existed except in Trump's mind.

2016 was prior to covid right? prior to the voting changes made due to covid correct? hmmmmm

2016 was prior to covid right? prior to the voting changes made due to covid correct? hmmmmm
Yes, and 2016 became the blueprint for how the system was changed. If you look at the 2016 vote totals and take out California, Trump beat Hillary by roughly 1 million votes. It is the vote totals in California where Hillary won by 4 million votes that swing the popular vote. When 2020 rolled around, every state that could set about making their systems more California-like and the results speak for themselves.

Yes, and 2016 became the blueprint for how the system was changed. If you look at the 2016 vote totals and take out California, Trump beat Hillary by roughly 1 million votes. It is the vote totals in California where Hillary won by 4 million votes that swing the popular vote. When 2020 rolled around, every state that could set about making their systems more California-like and the results speak for themselves.
So 3-5 million people voted illegally and trump did in fact have the evidence to prove it but just didn't huh?
lol

Also, in 2016 all of californias electoral votes went to the democrat like they always do. The popular vote is the poplular vote and has nothing to do with the election.
So you are saying that when 2020 rolled around every state also made their electoral votes all go to one candidate and the popular vote remained the popular vote and had no effect on anything like always? Crazy stuff man.

So 3-5 million people voted illegally...
There might have been a handful who voted illegally but what California did wasn't illegal. Trump was blowing smoke. However the 2020 changes, also not illegal, have made it virtually impossible for a Republican to win a national election. As I've been saying, it doesn't matter if Trump is up by 20 points in the polls, he's still going to lose and it is all perfectly legal.

There might have been a handful who voted illegally but what California did wasn't illegal. Trump was blowing smoke. However the 2020 changes, also not illegal, have made it virtually impossible for a Republican to win a national election. As I've been saying, it doesn't matter if Trump is up by 20 points in the polls, he's still going to lose and it is all perfectly legal.
Can you do the math on that. What is it about inclusive voting policies that would mean that an actually more popular candidate would lose just because they are Republican?

Can you do the math on that. What is it about inclusive voting policies that would mean that an actually more popular candidate would lose just because they are Republican?
Well you see, the republicans candidates are never popular so...... oh wait. Nevermind.

Inclusiveness has nothing to do with the central issue other than it is the excuse used to defend the practice of allowing third party ballot collection, otherwise known as “ballot harvesting”. The practice is so effective that a highly organized ballot harvesting operation will consistently beat an organic vote even in cases where an opposing candidate has a sizable popular advantage. It is really, really effective.

Inclusiveness has nothing to do with the central issue other than it is the excuse used to defend the practice of allowing third party ballot collection, otherwise known as “ballot harvesting”. The practice is so effective that a highly organized ballot harvesting operation will consistently beat an organic vote even in cases where an opposing candidate has a sizable popular advantage. It is really, really effective.

So far there is no mention of illegal votes, votes by ineligible persons, manufactured votes, or vote tampering. We're just talking about an effective way to count as many ballots as possible. So why is ballot harvesting inherently favorable to Democrats?

How about we choose the lesser of two evils then? You in?
Evil is always a matter of perspective. From the perspective of every species we've driven extinct we are as evil as it gets. We put Hitler to shame if you consider just deaths of any organism.

So far there is no mention of illegal votes, votes by ineligible persons, manufactured votes, or vote tampering. We're just talking about an effective way to count as many ballots as possible. So why is ballot harvesting inherently favorable to Democrats?
Because of the way population density impacts the effectiveness of ballot harvesting. I've linked a deeper dive into the issue previously and can link it again if you'd like me to, but essentially population centers like urban areas and college campuses are easier for this practice to sway results.

Because of the way population density impacts the effectiveness of ballot harvesting. I've linked a deeper dive into the issue previously and can link it again if you'd like me to, but essentially population centers like urban areas and college campuses are easier for this practice to sway results.
Okay, well I'm cool with this counter to the many significant advantages our system gives to rural communities and small population states. The minority can no longer rule the majority, as it has been very often over the last 100 years.

Yes, and 2016 became the blueprint for how the system was changed. If you look at the 2016 vote totals and take out California, Trump beat Hillary by roughly 1 million votes.
You take out California and Texas, and Trump is wining again.

It is the vote totals in California where Hillary won by 4 million votes that swing the popular vote. When 2020 rolled around, every state that could set about making their systems more California-like and the results speak for themselves.
When were the laws changed in California?

Why don't Republicans harvest ballots in urban centers and college campuses?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

The laws were changed in California in 2016
Yet, the Democrats captured the same percentage of the California vote they had in 2008 and 2012, and did just little better in 2020 (all four were between 60-64%). Where was the marked improvement?

Yet, the Democrats captured the same percentage of the California vote they had in 2008 and 2012, and did just little better in 2020 (all four were between 60-64%). Where was the marked improvement?
BALLOT HARVESTING!!!!!

Angry-Man.jpeg

I have a tip for the Republican party.

Stop embracing white Christian nationalism

Stop banking on retirement age people being massively over-represented on election day. Times are changing and your base is dying.

Stop othering the LGBTQIA+ community.

Stop scapegoating Latino immigrants.

Stop objecting to education funding and support for families in need.

Once they've done that they can go ballot harvest with the best of them.

I have a tip for the Republican party.

Stop embracing white Christian nationalism

Stop banking on retirement age people being massively over-represented on election day. Times are changing and your base is dying.

Stop othering the LGBTQIA+ community.

Stop scapegoating Latino immigrants.

Stop objecting to education funding and support for families in need.

Once they've done that they can go ballot harvest with the best of them.

THIS!!!

Stop the fear, hate, and demonizing and get back to work in providing America with worthy candidates and ideas. Compete in the marketplace of ideas, don’t wreck it forcing your ****** candidates and unpopular ideas onto everyone else.