What's new

What are Republicans doing to Unify the country?

There’s obviously a difference there but they would still fall under “election integrity” more broadly. The fact that some questions that democrats ask and the accusations and lies that they manufactured to get people to believe in foreign interference have done no damage to “election integrity” and public perception is a joke.
Manufactured? You’re delusional! If that’s the case, then why did Senate Republicans endorse this?

Key Findings and Recommendations:

• The Russian government directed extensive activity against U.S. election infrastructure. The Committee found the activity directed at the state and local level began in at least 2014 and carried into at least 2017. The Committee has seen no evidence that any votes were changed or that any voting machines were manipulated.
  • Russian efforts exploited the seams between federal authorities and capabilities, and protection for the states. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are, by design, limited in domestic cybersecurity authorities. State election officials, who have primacy in running elections, were not sufficiently warned or prepared to handle an attack from a hostile nation-state actor.
  • DHS and FBI warnings to the states in the late summer and fall of 2016 did not provide enough information or go to the appropriate people. The Committee found that while the alerts were actionable, they provided no clear reason for states to take the threat more seriously than other warnings.
  • DHS has redoubled its efforts to build trust with the states and deploy resources to assist in securing elections. Since 2016, DHS has made great strides in learning how election procedures vary across states and how to best assist those states. The Committee determined DHS’s work to bolster states’ cybersecurity has likely been effective but believes more needs to be done to coordinate efforts.
  • Russian activities demand renewed attention to vulnerabilities in U.S. voting infrastructure. Cybersecurity for electoral infrastructure at the state and local level was sorely lacking in 2016. Despite increased focus over the last three years, some of these vulnerabilities, including aging voting equipment, remain. As states look to replace machines that are now out of date, they should purchase more secure voting machines. At a minimum, any machine purchased going forward should have a voter-verified paper trail.
  • Congress should evaluate the results of the $380 million in state election security grants allocated in 2018. States should be able to use grant funds provided under the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) to improve cybersecurity in a variety of ways, including hiring additional IT staff, updating software, and contracting vendors to provide cybersecurity services. When those funds are spent, Congress should evaluate the results and consider an additional appropriation to address remaining insecure voting machines and systems.
  • DHS and other federal government entities remain respectful of the limits of federal involvement in state election systems. America’s decentralized election system can be a strength against cybersecurity threats. However, the federal government and states should each be aware of their own cybersecurity limitations and know both how and when to obtain assistance. States should remain firmly in the lead on running elections, and the federal government should ensure they receive the necessary resources and information.
  • The United States must create effective deterrence. The United States should communicate to adversaries that it will view an attack on its election infrastructure as a hostile act and respond accordingly. The U.S. government should not limit its response to cyber activity; rather, it should create a menu of potential responses that will send a clear message and create significant costs for the perpetrator.

Manufactured? You’re delusional! If that’s the case, then why did Senate Republicans endorse this?

Key Findings and Recommendations:

• The Russian government directed extensive activity against U.S. election infrastructure. The Committee found the activity directed at the state and local level began in at least 2014 and carried into at least 2017. The Committee has seen no evidence that any votes were changed or that any voting machines were manipulated.
  • Russian efforts exploited the seams between federal authorities and capabilities, and protection for the states. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are, by design, limited in domestic cybersecurity authorities. State election officials, who have primacy in running elections, were not sufficiently warned or prepared to handle an attack from a hostile nation-state actor.
  • DHS and FBI warnings to the states in the late summer and fall of 2016 did not provide enough information or go to the appropriate people. The Committee found that while the alerts were actionable, they provided no clear reason for states to take the threat more seriously than other warnings.
  • DHS has redoubled its efforts to build trust with the states and deploy resources to assist in securing elections. Since 2016, DHS has made great strides in learning how election procedures vary across states and how to best assist those states. The Committee determined DHS’s work to bolster states’ cybersecurity has likely been effective but believes more needs to be done to coordinate efforts.
  • Russian activities demand renewed attention to vulnerabilities in U.S. voting infrastructure. Cybersecurity for electoral infrastructure at the state and local level was sorely lacking in 2016. Despite increased focus over the last three years, some of these vulnerabilities, including aging voting equipment, remain. As states look to replace machines that are now out of date, they should purchase more secure voting machines. At a minimum, any machine purchased going forward should have a voter-verified paper trail.
  • Congress should evaluate the results of the $380 million in state election security grants allocated in 2018. States should be able to use grant funds provided under the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) to improve cybersecurity in a variety of ways, including hiring additional IT staff, updating software, and contracting vendors to provide cybersecurity services. When those funds are spent, Congress should evaluate the results and consider an additional appropriation to address remaining insecure voting machines and systems.
  • DHS and other federal government entities remain respectful of the limits of federal involvement in state election systems. America’s decentralized election system can be a strength against cybersecurity threats. However, the federal government and states should each be aware of their own cybersecurity limitations and know both how and when to obtain assistance. States should remain firmly in the lead on running elections, and the federal government should ensure they receive the necessary resources and information.
  • The United States must create effective deterrence. The United States should communicate to adversaries that it will view an attack on its election infrastructure as a hostile act and respond accordingly. The U.S. government should not limit its response to cyber activity; rather, it should create a menu of potential responses that will send a clear message and create significant costs for the perpetrator.
Here’s a good break down for you in just a few minutes. Interesting to hear the liberal Bill Maher friendly crowd cheering this former CNN journalists points.
Bust all the norms to stop trump from busting the norms!!! The “norms” in this corrupt, shady, pay to play politics of Washington are being challenged!!! Gasp.

Here’s a good break down for you in just a few minutes. Interesting to hear the liberal Bill Maher friendly crowd cheering this former CNN journalists points.
Bust all the norms to stop trump from busting the norms!!! The “norms” in this corrupt, shady, pay to play politics of Washington are being challenged!!! Gasp.
hqdefault.jpg

I've got money that Mongoose doesn't know the reference without looking it up.

Norm from cheers? Or is there some sort of inside joke blueanon cult reference that I wouldn’t get…?

I thought that most folks knew the Russia collusion was bs, but there are a lot of full on cultists here that have no idea apparently. It’s pretty old news.

View: https://www.npr.org/2021/11/12/1055030223/the-fbi-arrests-a-key-contributor-to-efforts-trying-to-link-trump-with-russia

View: https://www.npr.org/2019/03/24/706385781/mueller-report-finds-evidence-of-russian-collusion

I figured you were 13 years old based on the way you post and the "revelations" you find impressive.

Collusion is not the same thing as Russia providing massive amounts of misinformation to get their preferred candidate elected. It was reasonable to assume that at the level Russia was trying to influence the election in favor of Trump that the two groups were working together, but no, Russia just knew that Trump as President of the U.S. was a very very good thing for Putin. They weren't wrong.

Several Russians in the U.S. broke U.S. laws in order to help Trump. Why?

Mongoose sure does love to move the goalposts. We are talking about election confidence and why it might be down. All polls show its WAY down especially when it comes to Republicans
So he says that the blue cult has been the ones making all the blue cultists have low confidence in elections.
It's pointed out that the blue cult isn't the cult that has the extremely low confidence in elections. It's actually the red maga cult
So he decides to start discussing Russia investigation being a hoax instead. Classic mongoose.

Never mind the fact that there were many guilty pleas, convictions, and sentences stemming from that Russia hoax lol.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Several Russians in the U.S. broke U.S. laws in order to help Trump. Why?

Not just Russians. I believe there was a dude named Paul manafort who got convicted and sentenced to name one non Russian.

Not just Russians. I believe there was a dude named Paul manafort who got convicted and sentenced to name one non Russian.

True

I honestly believe that some of these people are full on Russian agents. Margorie Taylor Greene works harder to help Russia than the people she represents in Georgia. Michael Flynn was a full on traitor to the U.S. and hid his contacts with Russia yet Trump pardoned him. The guy was a high ranking general and he betrayed the U.S. in favor of Russia and Trump ****ing pardoned him. No collusion can be proven but the smoke is everywhere.

Last edited:
There’s obviously a difference there but they would still fall under “election integrity” more broadly.
No, they wouldn't. Show me a definition of election integrity by a reputable organization that factors in propaganda.

There is an ongoing debate over a single, universal definition of electoral integrity, but it can generally be defined as "any election that is based on the democratic principles of universal suffrage and political equality as reflected in international standards and agreements, and is professional, impartial, and transparent in its preparation and administration throughout the electoral cycle." (Kofi Annan Foundation, 2012)

The fact that some questions that democrats ask and the accusations and lies that they manufactured to get people to believe in foreign interference
Said accusations were verified by a Republican-controlled Senate, hence are not "lies".

have done no damage to “election integrity” and public perception is a joke.
Yet, Democrats have a much higher confidence level than Republicans in election integrity, which would not be true if if the claim you were making was sound.

Yet, Democrats have a much higher confidence level than Republicans in election integrity, which would not be true if if the claim you were making was sound.
You forget about the majority of Americans that don’t identify as either republican or democrats that see the shenanigans on both sides and don’t believe that only certain types of questions about “election integrity”(mainly those that involve democrats) are harmful. No matter what all the election questions and all the harm was done by trump one way or another. There are plenty of folks that can see through the propaganda being spewed out by both sides of the uniparty. There’s some die hard cultists though that think the Democratic Party is somehow not to be questioned and definitely not to be opposed. Many folks are waking up and plenty are leaving the bluemaga cult. They aren’t just opting to change votes they are full on leaving the party for good.

You forget about the majority of Americans that don’t identify as either republican or democrats that see the shenanigans on both sides and don’t believe that only certain types of questions about “election integrity”(mainly those that involve democrats) are harmful. No matter what all the election questions and all the harm was done by trump one way or another. There are plenty of folks that can see through the propaganda being spewed out by both sides of the uniparty. There’s some die hard cultists though that think the Democratic Party is somehow not to be questioned and definitely not to be opposed. Many folks are waking up and plenty are leaving the bluemaga cult. They aren’t just opting to change votes they are full on leaving the party for good.

How about we choose the lesser of two evils then? You in?

Mongoose sure does love to move the goalposts. We are talking about election confidence and why it might be down. All polls show its WAY down especially when it comes to Republicans
So he says that the blue cult has been the ones making all the blue cultists have low confidence in elections.
It's pointed out that the blue cult isn't the cult that has the extremely low confidence in elections. It's actually the red maga cult
So he decides to start discussing Russia investigation being a hoax instead. Classic mongoose.

Never mind the fact that there were many guilty pleas, convictions, and sentences stemming from that Russia hoax lol.

Thanks for making my point since I and most other Americans don’t subscribe to the red or blue cult confidence in elections are WAY down and people are leaving the blue cult in droves. Thus only those “true believers” are left in the blue cult and confidence by percentage appears higher, funny how numbers and cults work.

Thanks for making my point since I and most other Americans don’t subscribe to the red or blue cult confidence in elections are WAY down and people are leaving the blue cult in droves. Thus only those “true believers” are left in the blue cult and confidence by percentage appears higher, funny how numbers and cults work.

Trying to accuse others of being in a cult is cute. There is only one cult. It's not Republicans, it's not Democrats, it's Trumptards. Are you a Trumptard?

Trying to accuse others of being in a cult is cute. There is only one cult. It's not Republicans, it's not Democrats, it's Trumptards. Are you a Trumptard?
I’m not- ya how very cute. Only you can make that accusation and those that agree with you. How very uncultish.

You are weird. So often I have no idea what you are talking about or what point you are trying to make lol

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

You forget about the majority of Americans that don’t identify as either republican or democrats that see the shenanigans on both sides
There has never been a majority of people who were neither in this century. Your information silo has deceived you.

and don’t believe that only certain types of questions about “election integrity”(mainly those that involve democrats) are harmful.
The evidence is clear that some types of questions don't hurt trust in vote counting.