What's new

What do Jazzfanz do professionally (...assuming they have jobs) ?

Where to start:
(14)
Sorority house boy
Fast food line cook
School janitor
Auto mechanic
Collector & massage therapist
Missionary
Massage therapist
Collection salesman
Insurance salesman
Payroll personnel
(28)

Residential Window tinting
Landscaping
Waiter
Network Administrator / IT
Project Consultant

(28)

Anyone with some good leads as far as marketing careers hook me up

Pimp, drug dealer, thief, tax cheat, war profiteer, ex-convict = "the mother****ing man"?

What would your imam say?

He'd probably chuckle, and tell me not to follow in his footsteps. Imams are human beings too.

I teach Biology at Dixie State College!

Theblackswordsman and dalamon have either of you taken organic chemistry yet??

Im either taking it in May as a spring course, or this september!! I did a bit of it in AP chemistry though (back in high school), seemed quite interesting at the time.

My list (hate to be "that" guy with a sequential list)

McDonalds (was here for only like 4 months, hated it)
IKEA
Nike Factory Outlet
Street Jeanswear (current part time job)

Been working 15 hours a week since I was about 14.

Im either taking it in May as a spring course, or this september!! I did a bit of it in AP chemistry though (back in high school), seemed quite interesting at the time.

I enjoyed the class, but it is a whole lot of information to take in!

Bag boy
Cashier
DQ shift manager
Missionary
Furniture delivery
Party bounce house field manager
Game show winnings
Student
College instructor (Biology)
(29)

I enjoyed the class, but it is a whole lot of information to take in!

Zulu's right D, the classes are a bitch if instructed properly. We at UVSC (now UVU) saw peers going to BYU for the easy version.
The nice thing about chemistry, when taught right, is by the end of the semester you wonder why the beginning was so damn hard. It was the only undergrad class I took that actually carried over in a meaningful way (subtracting basics yet taught 10x over at a slow state-soon-to-be-university like mitosis, meiosis, the botany ****, the micro-b ****, and genetics).

The only tougher class in the degree is HA, but that's obviously because details strain the capacity of the majority of human brains.

Not sure how different to the organic chemistry I took , but they were the two hardest classes I have ever taken! I have never studied my butt of more to earn a B+.

Its ridiculous how much different different teachers can effect the difficulty of a class. For ASU there are 4 different campuses. I go to Main campus for 90% of my classes but I kinda live by east campus as well and they had O chem there just because of the teacher I went there for that class. The teacher is super lenient with points to the point where on the questions if you just drew a benzene ring he would give you half points most of the time. On top of that an 82.5% was an A-.

The hardest class I've taken probably 1)Endocrinology and 2) Neurobiology

Graduated from the U with a degree in German Studies last May. Started working at L-3 Communications in October. IMO it's a great place to work and I'm making way more than most of my graduated peers. Highly recommend trying to get a job with L-3 if at all possible. 4 day workweeks, great benefits, competitive pay, never boring.

Its ridiculous how much different different teachers can effect the difficulty of a class. For ASU there are 4 different campuses. I go to Main campus for 90% of my classes but I kinda live by east campus as well and they had O chem there just because of the teacher I went there for that class. The teacher is super lenient with points to the point where on the questions if you just drew a benzene ring he would give you half points most of the time. On top of that an 82.5% was an A-.

The hardest class I've taken probably 1)Endocrinology and 2) Neurobiology

Wow I would have aced o-chem if i was in your class. We had 3 hour test in the testing center. The thing I liked about O-chem was when we had to do reactions i would try to do as many steps possible instead of the ease one or two steps. Eventually my professor started putting on the test "what is the most efficint way to do this reaction".

Waiter in retirement home dining room (14 years old)
ShopKo associate/cashier in the electronics dept (15)
Short order cook at Hardees (16)
Dishwasher at Hires Big H (16)
High School Drop Out
Phone solicitor for a company that sought donations to social, environmental charities. (17)
Payless Drug Store Associate (18)
Stone Setter at O.C.Tanners--the place on 21st and State, making "service awards," not fine jewelry (19)
Technician in Laser R&D dept at O.C. Tanners (20)
Waiter at Lone Star Steakhouse (20)
Order puller at Reuels Art and Frame warehouse (21)
Order Puller at Standard Restaurant Supply (22)
Shipping Clerk at National Package Recovery (22)
Prep Cook at Outback Steakhouse (23)
Fire Control Technician, U.S. Navy (23)
Technician at Intel Micron Flash Technologies (29)

Dishwasher/Busboy Local Restaurant (16). Held job for 3 months, walked out at rush hour because I hated my boss and all the coworkers so I wanted to piss them off. Plus I was the only washer on duty that day because everyone else was off for vacation/sick days.

Dishwasher/Busboy Local Restaurant (17). Held job for 2 months, walked out at rush hour because I hated my boss/most of my coworkers. Once again I was the only washer on duty because sick days/vacation. The dishwasher had been broken for a week, it would flood periodically and I had to plunge it till it unflooded. Would get me wet as hell. Manager never got anyone in too fix it. They had just opened up a bar, and they had the opening night of the bar, and the machine was only capable of handling a small amount of dishes. It got so backed up the cooks ran out of clean dishes. I walked out laughing. (Also, I would love to add, the restaurant closed 2 weeks after I quit because it sucked *** and the managers were incompetent).

Started doing lawn work for my neighborhood after that. Made a lot more money than I did dishwashing and it was much easier.

Now I go to school. Now I gamble for income. Currently up 5k in total earnings (yes I keep track).

Waiter in retirement home dining room (14 years old)
ShopKo associate/cashier in the electronics dept (15)
Short order cook at Hardees (16)
Dishwasher at Hires Big H (16)
High School Drop Out
Phone solicitor for a company that sought donations to social, environmental charities. (17)
Payless Drug Store Associate (18)
Stone Setter at O.C.Tanners--the place on 21st and State, making "service awards," not fine jewelry (19)
Technician in Laser R&D dept at O.C. Tanners (20)
Waiter at Lone Star Steakhouse (20)
Order puller at Reuels Art and Frame warehouse (21)
Order Puller at Standard Restaurant Supply (22)
Shipping Clerk at National Package Recovery (22)
Prep Cook at Outback Steakhouse (23)
Fire Control Technician, U.S. Navy (23)
Technician at Intel Micron Flash Technologies (29)

My dad took early retirement (had a stroke) from O.C. Tanner around the same time you were there. He was a manager of a department, but can't remeber wich one.

Graduated with a Bachelor's in Business from UVU. I work in the software industry, designing web based solutions for dentists.

Graduated from the U with a degree in German Studies last May. Started working at L-3 Communications in October. IMO it's a great place to work and I'm making way more than most of my graduated peers. Highly recommend trying to get a job with L-3 if at all possible. 4 day workweeks, great benefits, competitive pay, never boring.

That is a great place to work at. Are you in an engineering dept? It seems pretty difficult to get a job there in the business/sales sector without a strong network. I only have a associates and working on a b.s.. I have family that work there, but only only on the assembly line. I could've been a material handler, but that is not where my passion lies. I still would like to work there though. Tips?