Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Bring him off the bench, re-sign him in the offseason

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Bring him off the bench, let him go in the offseason

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
If you trade for a guy who isnt a PG (like Otto Porter), you probably re-sign Rubio.

If you arent and you're looking at free agency, then you're probably letting him go.

He obviously starts if he's on the roster.

I don’t know but it’s up to him to show he belongs and can be consistent.

I prefer that he stay and comes off the bench for cheap money but that sounds like an unlikely scenario.

I hate Ricky's shooting, but none of the players you mention are any better from 3 than Ricky and are worse at running the offense (I think the jury is still out on DM). Why do we want to dump Ricky again?
But they are better from three though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don’t know but it’s up to him to show he belongs and can be consistent.

I prefer that he stay and comes off the bench for cheap money but that sounds like an unlikely scenario.
Considering the unlikeliness, I would plan on moving on from him at the offseason at latest. Him taking a reduced role and pay is the only scenario I consider keeping him. Him going on another tear to end this year wouldn’t really change my view much either because one of his biggest flaws is his inconsistency.

Considering the unlikeliness, I would plan on moving on from him at the offseason at latest. Him taking a reduced role and pay is the only scenario I consider keeping him. Him going on another tear to end this year wouldn’t really change my view much either because one of his biggest flaws is his inconsistency.

We can have extension talks with him now. I'd want to know what his thoughts were on price. If he'd stay for Exum money then I think we can make it work long term.

The issue is we can't have Exum, Ricky's cap hold, and FA space. If we made a trade to address a different position that used our space then there is really no need to trade him. If we are planning on having space then we should look to deal one of Ricky or Dante. If Ricky's ball park salary is too high then it may be best to move on now and let's see what DM/Exum/Neto gives us and if we need to add something to the mix in FA.

Rubio is a crutch. I like the guy, but if he's on the roster, he'll start. And when he starts, we'e seen for two seasons he's Bricky for half the time. Jazz need to sign a good SG, preferably one who can also handle the ball to share the pressure with Donovan. As HH noted, Ingles can also run the offense; he's been doing so in the absence of our 3 PG's. Exum is a backup unless/until he develops an outside shot.

We can have extension talks with him now. I'd want to know what his thoughts were on price. If he'd stay for Exum money then I think we can make it work long term.

The issue is we can't have Exum, Ricky's cap hold, and FA space. If we made a trade to address a different position that used our space then there is really no need to trade him. If we are planning on having space then we should look to deal one of Ricky or Dante. If Ricky's ball park salary is too high then it may be best to move on now and let's see what DM/Exum/Neto gives us and if we need to add something to the mix in FA.
Great post.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Trade him now if you can get good value back.

I'm a Rubio supporter. But I've also come to the realization that Donovan Mitchell needs to be the PG of this team in order for us to take the next step. So...

There are only a few people on JFC who have been equally outspoken in their support of Rubio as I have. But the only scenario for keeping him long-term I’m comfortable with is if we get a fully legitimate stretch 4 to start alongside him + he takes a team-friendly deal. If it’s otherwise, then I think we need to open up the possibilities; Rubio is very fit-specific.

His problems are wildly exaggerated around here, though.

There are only a few people on JFC who have been equal outspoken in their support of Rubio as I have. But the only scenario for keeping him long-term I’m comfortable with is if we get a fully legitimate stretch 4 to start alongside him + he takes a team-friendly deal. If it’s otherwise, then I think we need to open up the possibilities; Rubio is very fit-specific.

His problems are wildly exaggerated around here, though.

I agree, and I find those two conditions very possible to fulfill.