Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Bring him off the bench, re-sign him in the offseason

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Bring him off the bench, let him go in the offseason

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
Unfortunately, Quin is going to start him the rest of the season, no matter what. Quin has a loyalty to Ricky that I just don't understand. Rubio has the longest leash on the team. TOs and bad shots be damned, Ricky starts and get playing time during crunch time.

My vote is to bring Ricky off the bench and sign him in the off season if we can get a decent contract as a backup PG in the 7-8 range.

Unfortunately, Quin is going to start him the rest of the season, no matter what. Quin has a loyalty to Ricky that I just don't understand. Rubio has the longest leash on the team. TOs and bad shots be damned, Ricky starts and get playing time during crunch time.

My vote is to bring Ricky off the bench and sign him in the off season if we can get a decent contract as a backup PG in the 7-8 range.
The fear is his psyche is so fragile that it will totally shatter him and his ability to score the ball.

But... if that's true, why the hell is he on this team and how much can he really help us?

On the Bricky front, is the current starting five the five we roll with the rest of the year?
No but outside of swapping Favs for Crowder I hope it's the 5 we decide to close with unless Tricky Ricky is in the building. Maybe plug in Korver for Royce on offense/defense swaps too.

I really don't see Ricky coming back next year, the only reason to bring him back into the starting line up is to resurrect his trade value, which i reckon is non existent.

correct. But i think Quin will roll with him the rest of the year. Unfortunately He's not the best PG for Rudy which is priority no.1 in my mind.

Like it's a small sample size and the level of competition hasn't been great, but these two lineups are eye popping

Mitchell/O'Neale/Ingles/Favors/Gobert in 49 minutes - 115.0 ORTG, 92.4 DRTG, +22.6 Net Rating, 59.9TS% (interesting note - Lineup has a poor AST/TO ratio of just 1.59, but has an insane 40.0 OREB%)

Mitchell/O'Neale/Ingles/Crowder/Gobert in 32 minutes - 103.8 ORT, 81.3 DRTG(!), +22.6 Net Rating, 61.0TS% (interesting note - this lineup plays at an insane 117.38 PACE and only has a 10.3TOV%)

compared to our most played lineup of the season

Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles/Crowder/Gobert in 288 minutes - 114.8 ORTG, 99.8 DRTG, +15.0 Net Rating, 62.3TS% (interesting note - lineup has a higher AST% than the other two at 62.2%, compared to our current starters who are only at a 57.4 AST%)

Like I said small sample size so take it with a grain of salt, but the early returns are fantastic.

After some consideration I’ve decided that I’m going to take a break from JF and go back to being a casual fan for a while. Nothing personal, it’s just that for one reason or another the JF experience has become too time consuming for me, and somewhat unpleasant for that matter.

Peace! I have no doubt the Jazz will have a great run and it will be another exciting season end. Go Jazz!

Most of the times Rubio and Gobert sub in together, so Quin Snyder absolutely thinks they are a good fit.

Again, whatever posters who have turned the page on Rubio think, QS has a completely opposite opinion. Take that into account when predicting the future. Stating your wishes is one thing (perfectly fine), predicting what QS and DL will do is another. Does QS like Rubio? Does Rubio like the Jazz? Will they sit together and agree to re-sign? Think about it.

Also, some posters write "trade him for a better player". Who? Let us know who is that better player and let's check talent, availability, cost, and expected contract.

Finally, some context on how the grass is always greener on the other side. Aren't you wondering what's going on with the team that got rid of Rubio first? Just as Thibs signed his GM/coach contract Woj said he wanted a different PG. Trade rumours were constant, and he eventually traded Rubio to the Jazz and signed Jeff Teague. Teague looked good on paper because he was an ex all-star, a better shooter, and had always led his team to the playoffs. The kind of veteran jazzfanz would approve right now. Some want a better PG, some want a SG, but a veteran good shooter fits the mold.

Fast-forward 2 years and a quick search brings these quotes regarding Teague:
"Trade his ***"
"Never liked him. Get rid of him"
"We got rid of Rubio because he couldn't shoot... but at least he kept the defense honest by actually shooting shots when he was open. Jeff Teague is getting paid $19 Million to take these shots. Get him the **** off this team. He is quickly becoming my least favorite Timberwolf of all time."
"Teague throwing the team under the bus to the media after playing like trash."
"Can we trade him for Rubio?"
"There is no doubt in my mind, the Wolves would have at the very least 5 more wins this year if Rubio was the starting PG."
"I would do Teague for a Ricky straight up right now."
"As the lone representative from the Defense, dunks, and dimes crew.... we foretold the Teague is trash prophecy long before he ever dawned a wolves jersey. And it has been spoken"
"if you can get Teague off the team next year for nothing or including a few very small assets you do it."
"I think Jeff Teague is either initiating a one man stealth tank, the greatest troll you're own team job, or is just all an all a terrible point guard."
"I don't have any real animosity towards Jeff Teague. Except when he tackles Rubio, or pushes Schroder or throws the ball at someone. He is actually one of the most mentally fragile guys on the roster. Zero composure."
"Teague has been a ****ing bust here since day 1. He needs to GTFO. Dumping Rubio for this gutless braindead dungheap and the excitement by some here promising made threes, strong finishes and nothing but open looks for Towns and Wiggins due to this guy shows the true lack of understanding of PG’s on this board."
"Under Ryan I expect the need for a floor leading floor general PG will become glaring. Teague has demonstrated none of the qualities in his time here that tell me he is remotely qualified for the roll. Rubio would have been a far better option for this Team, and who knows if you had Rubio maybe He could have made the offense a place where Wiggins, KAT and Butler could have thrived together. I have no doubt he would have done a better job than Teague. Hell Tyus was already starting to do better than Teague."
"Should have kept KG and Rubio here. Both were respected and followed by Wiggins and Towns. I believe they would have provided the leadership that Mitchell and Thibbs couldn’t."
"Teague looks like he’s playing bad on purpose. I swear to God. The worst part of it is he looks so nonchalant on every ****ing play. The other worst part is this guy used to be a capable fighter on the Hawks."
"I'm not saying it's this simple, but when Rubio was here with Wiggins ('14-'17), Andrew was ascendant. Maybe not to the level that he was promised to, but his ppg was up every year, his PER (and other advanced metrics) was solid (not great, but solid), and his scoring efficiency was reasonable (not great, but reasonable). Since Rubio has been gone, he's regressed. His ppg is down. His PER (and other advanced metrics) is down. And his scoring efficiency is in the toilet. Bring back Ricky and save Andrew!!!"

Not that the Jazz should never trade for a player (Korver!), or a sign a FA, but I wanted to point out how big trades and signings can also go very, very wrong.

Fast-forward 2 years and a quick search brings these quotes regarding Teague:

I'm sure a quick search could come up with a ton of quotes from T Wolves fans complaining about Rubio too. Plus they actually made the playoffs last year which is something they never did in Rubio's 6 years on the team.

I'm sure a quick search could come up with a ton of quotes from T Wolves fans complaining about Rubio too. Plus they actually made the playoffs last year which is something they never did in Rubio's 6 years on the team.
All those quotes are from the last month. There are only a couple of post saying "Rubio sucks as much as Teague". 99% of the Wolves' fans consider the move from Rubio to Teague a failure, and remember, Rubio at least would be an expiring now. Teague is going to opt in, 19M another year.

Playoffs? Compare past Wolves' rosters to the current one.

The fear is his psyche is so fragile that it will totally shatter him and his ability to score the ball.

Ricky's overcome the death of his coach (who he was very close with), his grandmother and his mother to cancer in the span of a year, and he's done it with a smile off the court and giving his all on it whether it was with the Wolves, the Spanish NT (he went to the Rio Olympics and won a medal just a couple of months after his mother passed) and later the Jazz. He also overcame an ACL injury and a nasty high-ankle sprain with severe ligament damage that kept him out for months. He was competing and succeeding against men twice his size and his age when he was 14 years old.

Quin lets Rubio play through TOs and missed shots like he does with Mitchell because he's the one asking them to shoot and he knows Ricky is usually the catalyst to the Jazz offense, as well as a guy who will give his all every minute he's on the court, and his contributions go well beyond scoring or passing.

So, ¡n short: GTFO with that fragile psyche BS.

I really don't see Ricky coming back next year, the only reason to bring him back into the starting line up is to resurrect his trade value, which i reckon is non existent.

Quin loves ricky. I guarantee that ricky starts when he gets healthy enough

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
After some consideration I’ve decided that I’m going to take a break from JF and go back to being a casual fan for a while. Nothing personal, it’s just that for one reason or another the JF experience has become too time consuming for me, and somewhat unpleasant for that matter.

Peace! I have no doubt the Jazz will have a great run and it will be another exciting season end. Go Jazz!

I have had a do that multiple times. No worries. Enjoy the break!

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I'd be OK (but not thrilled) with The Jazz re-signing Rubio to a modest 2 year and a team option type deal IF they can land a legit starting 4 to spread the floor.

The reality probably is The Jazz bring him back either way.

Sorry to see you go, but come back after the trade deadline (2/7). If you aren't a fan of roster speculation, this is definitely the time to take a break. I like the speculation, but I also like that period right after the deadline through the rest of the season where it's all about who we have.

See you later, Go Jazz.

I hope you come back soon amigo. I understand, sometimes I take break for a week or two (or even more). Or just become a lurker again. Too much negativity sometimes. Nos vemos.

I'd be OK (but not thrilled) with The Jazz re-signing Rubio to a modest 2 year and a team option type deal IF they can land a legit starting 4 to spread the floor.

The reality probably is The Jazz bring him back either way.

I feel the same way.

This is such a big season for Rubio and Favors. And likewise, this is such a big season for DL. He made the decision to run it back with the same lineup.

If we get to the 2nd round and get blown out again, as a fan, I expect DL to make tough decisions. Especially if Favors once again gets demoted like he did against GS and Houston. And if Rubio either gets hurt again or looks ineffective against whoever our opponent might be. I would be extremely disappointed if DL just brought back the same roster. And I don't care if we do because we missed out on other targets. I would rather have the cap space, play the young guys, and look for trades/buyout candidates.

At this point I throw my hands in the air and wait to see what happens. I don't think I will ever trust Rubio to be our starting PG long-term but I also don't think we have anyone better right now. I guess my answer in this case would be start him when he returns but explore better options in the summer... or if you think you can get a good wing in FA/trade and move Mitchell to PG, then let Rubio go... unless he has no market ... then get him back on bargain contract.

Take care and drop by the chat from time to time.