What's new

What kind of player can Gobert be?

You're right. Chandler sucks.

So Gobert is comparable to wilt or bill? Or is he a combo of the two?

I never said chandler suckss
I said i dont put him in the company of wilt, shaq, and hakeem.
Do you?

Also i already told your dumbass that the big three you mentioned play both sides of the ball and goberts game is not like thiers.

Although I would love to see Gobert become a beast of a player. The honest truth is that he has very very bad hands. And that isn't a good thing for you offensive game. And isn't something that can be taught. However on defense I can see him lead the league in blocks. But rebounding with bad hands will be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I would love to see Gobert become a beast of a player. The honest truth is that he has very very bad hands. And that isn't a good thing for you offensive game. And isn't something that can be taught. However on defense I can see him lead the league in blocks. But rebounding with bad hands will be an issue.

Ya his hands are gonna hold him back from being a starting caliber defensive center.
Hopefully he will work hard and improve his hands. (from what little i have seen from him, he seems like a hard worker)

I really don't think there has ever been a player like Rudy. When I think about what he might be able to become, I don't imagine another player.

I hope he learns how to establish good, early position (he can run the floor, so that'll help), and develop a hook shot + one counter move. At his height, that should be enough to get real minutes (where he'll develop more stuff).

Defensively, I think his potential is obvious. He can be disruptive in so many ways, including PnR D.

They probably just thought, "this guy is super tall, super long, super young, and still has time to be molded. This draft class looks like a train wreck, so a late first is an easy risk to swallow, as you can't teach size, and Rudy has it."

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Gobert can be an impact player on the 2nd unit. Defensive presence to go along with a couple of great scorers (like Burks). Agree he has terrible hands right now, but that can be worked on. As jope said, you can't teach size. Lindsey said Gobert was a player a lot of teams were sleeping on and I agree. He's raw for sure, but let's see how he develops over the course of 2-3 years.

He has like the highest rebounding rate though.

I never said chandler suckss
I said i dont put him in the company of wilt, shaq, and hakeem.
Do you?

Also i already told your dumbass that the big three you mentioned play both sides of the ball and goberts game is not like thiers.

You are currently getting trolled by Thriller.

This is the saddest thing I have ever seen. I'm here for you if you need a hug.

I would be thrilled if he could be the next Mark Eaton, Mark Eaton lite that is. Like Eaton, Gobert has little to no offense. Gobert might have a slight edge in athletic ability, but not by much. The thing Eaton has over Gobert is a massive presence in post defense and being a lane clogged with his length and girth. I don't think Gobert will ever possess Eaton's strength, and body mass.
The comment in bold is only off by approximately a million miles.. Gobert is way more athletic than Eaton.

Gobert can be an impact player on the 1st unit. Defensive presence to go along with a couple of great scorers (like Burks). Agree he has terrible hands right now, but that can be worked on. As jope said, you can't teach size. Lindsey said Gobert was a player a lot of teams were sleeping on and I agree. He's raw for sure, but let's see how he develops over the course of 2-3 months

Fixed.
Even I -a huge Gobert homer - underestimated the speed of his progression. As for athleticism, there is NO comparison to Eaton. I'd love to have seen Mark attempt a euro step. Talk about breaking ankles!

Reading this thread I really got flamed by a few people for saying that gobert could be as good as tyson Chandler one day.