What's new

What kind of player can Gobert be?

Poor man's Shawn Bradley.

We're really comparing Gobert to Noah and Chandler in this thread?

At some point in their careers, Noah and Chandler were top centers in the NBA. I should add that I think Noah currently is one of the top centers in the league…one of the top players overall.

I would be shocked if Gobert was anything close to those guys.

Realism isn't always more fun, but it is far more useful in life.
I was being way to unrealistic by saying that gobert could be as good as tyson Chandler

IMHO I think Rudy has the potential to be a better defensive player than either of them. Why the f... hasn't Ty given him more opportunities? Geezus, what is wrong with the FO? Give the guy minutes and let him develop.
Nailed it

Anyone comparing him to Noah should be put down Old Yeller style, same with Chandler comparison.

He is young though, so that means he has to get exponentially better until he reaches All-Star level. #JazzfanzLogic

Tyson Chandler was probably stronger his rookie year (straight out of HS) than Gobert will ever be.

Gobert has chicken legs and a high center of gravity. It is a lot to overcome. I will be surprised if he ever becomes a guy who averages over 25 mpg in a season for his career.

Not so much

I asked what skill tyson Chandler possesses that rudy would never be able to achieve if he works at it

Being as good as Tyson Chandler at basketball. It's not a question of the "skills" involved in the game, but more of the combination of defensive intuition, coordination, physical size, and raw athletic ability.

Eenie meanie thought that gobert could be a better defender than Chandler or noah
Than either of Chandler or Noah?

Any shred of credibility you have in the realm of basketball opinions is gone.

Reading this thread I really got flamed by a few people for saying that gobert could be as good as tyson Chandler one day.

I was being way to unrealistic by saying that gobert could be as good as tyson Chandler

Nailed it

Not so much

I asked what skill tyson Chandler possesses that rudy would never be able to achieve if he works at it

can we get a slow clap for fishonjizz? This guy needs an ovation from his bffs.

I thought he'd be less of a puss-filled fart with Burks on the shelf for the season. guess not.

sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut.
sometimes a homer will be right.

Then again, maybe we should let Rudy play more than 1 season of high-level basketball before we crown him? Dunno guis>>>???!!!!!!

shut the **** up. This thread sucks and you're a big reason why it does.

can we get a slow clap for fishonjizz? This guy needs an ovation from his bffs.

I thought he'd be less of a puss-filled fart with Burks on the shelf for the season. guess not.

Then again, maybe we should let Rudy play more than 1 season of high-level basketball before we crown him? Dunno guis>>>???!!!!!!
You are silly. I honestly think quoting old posts in an attempt to show others how wrong they are is dumb.
This is something that cy does often and hantlers has recently been doing as well.
I was simply giving them little taste of thier own medicine (which is why I didn't quote posts from the others that were saying things like gobert would be shawn bradley and such.... they don't do this whole retroactive post quoting bs)

Im wrong all the time and I'm fine with it.

I agree 100%

Agreed.

Screw you, I'm crowning him right now. Dude allows baskets AT THE RIM at 37%. Teams pretty much give up on the paint when he is in, and he is in his first REAL season. You can put the "wait and see" crap in your rear view mirror comfortably.

I also want to point out that my original "Rudy Gobert Greatest Center" thread predates this thread by months. I OWN the Gobert bandwagon, the rest of you all are just renting space. . .

I was wrong and I am shocked. I think people hoped he could be this good, but no serious analyst/scout thought it actually would happen. Rudy's growth and development is most definitely an outlier, I mean, this basically never happens.

So yeah, I was wrong, but I still think what I said earlier was more logical than saying he would be as good as Chandler/Noah.

I was wrong and I am shocked. I think people hoped he could be this good, but no serious analyst/scout thought it actually would happen. Rudy's growth and development is most definitely an outlier, I mean, this basically never happens.

So yeah, I was wrong, but I still think what I said earlier was more logical than saying he would be as good as Chandler/Noah.

way to play it safe, bro. Kudos. Too many around here stick their necks out and look like fools when it doesn't play out that way.

Screw you, I'm crowning him right now. Dude allows baskets AT THE RIM at 37%. Teams pretty much give up on the paint when he is in, and he is in his first REAL season. You can put the "wait and see" crap in your rear view mirror comfortably.

I also want to point out that my original "Rudy Gobert Greatest Center" thread predates this thread by months. I OWN the Gobert bandwagon, the rest of you all are just renting space. . .

Well...there were two of us who predicted Rudy would be the steal of the draft back when he was selected. I was one of them (I forgot who was the other and I'm not going to g back page by page to find it). But yes, I give you a ton of credit for taking it to the next level. Your thread is pure genius and has been very entertaining. I always check it for updates.

I don't see Gobert ever developing much of an offensive game...but could potentially be a great defender.

I'm not not sure about that. I genuinely doubt he'd have Memo's range and what not, but he can develop a few moves in the post and eventually hone his midrange jimmy. Assuming that, low teens scoring wise shouldn't be a problem with him. Given the rest of the team, that'd just a nice bonus to keep defenses honest on the perimeter.

I agree with ya. Just like when Hayward could not shoot last year and looked like he could not handle being the man on a team it was logical to think he would not be worth max money. Most of us were wrong about that.

That is why I think it's dumb to bump old posts and try to prove how wrong everyone was. (I felt dumb bumping you and cy's old post from this thread and I'm sorry I did that)
You look at the data at the time and make a declaration of what you think about a player...... Then sometime down the line that data changes. That doesn't mean your assesment at the time you made it was wrong, it just means that things changed from when you made that assessment.