What's new

What kind of player can Gobert be?

Still don't get why people think a smart McGee is an insult. Gobert is pretty much a smart McGee who is way more determined to be a true center.

Anyone comparing him to Noah should be put down Old Yeller style, same with Chandler comparison.

He is young though, so that means he has to get exponentially better until he reaches All-Star level. #JazzfanzLogic

To be fair, he did get exponentially better this year from his rookie year (though I realize I said that sarcastically). I don't think anyone saw him making this big of a leap. I standby my statements of not making ridiculous comparisons too early.

He hardly played his rookie year and he never looked this good. Sure, there was him just being super tall, but a lot of guys have come through the league with that. He really did make a big leap in his overall game that I'm pretty sure no one saw coming (especially since these post were made before the FIBA games).

Last edited:
Rudy also came into the NBA at the best possible time. Roy Hibbert really paved the way for super tall players to be effective. I see him as the guy who really got the NBA to buy into the "rule of verticallity" that allows super tall dudes to just go up straight and not get called for ticky tack fouls.

I don't understand why diary queen should be funny. Has naos had too many dilly bars?

It's cuz it's NAOS, bro.

Has anyone here ever read a NAOS post, and laughed at his attempt at humour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, he did get exponentially better this year from his rookie year (though I realize I said that sarcastically). I don't think anyone saw him making this big of a leap. I standby my statements of not making ridiculous comparisons too early.

He hardly played his rookie year and he never looked this good. Sure, there was him just being super tall, but a lot of guys have come through the league with that. He really did make a big leap in his overall game that I'm pretty sure no one saw coming (especially since these post were made before the FIBA games).

Some of us saw more than just him being super tall.
I know for me I saw his mobility, awareness/smarts, aggressiveness/nastiness, passion, work ethic, and athleticism.
But I had the advantage of seeing him up close at scrimmages.
And like you said, at the time to talk of him being as good as some of the best centers was premature and unlikely to come true. Like most predictions are

I don't really have a problem when you said things like rudy will never average 25 minutes per game.
At the time no one truly knew **** about him.... it was all speculation and projection of potential

Diary Queen alert!!!!!!!! You gettin this Dal?@?!

10-4

:(

really hurts coming from a bandwagon fan.

Wow Gameface he really got you there!! The gall! Is there a greater insult in the history of insults? I don't think so tbh #prayforGameFace

Guys give NAOS some time to respond, he's busy snackin on #thesoftserve #DQUEEN'D

Guys give NAOS some time to respond, he's busy snackin on #thesoftserve #DQUEEN'D

Lolol

Guise maybe if I can push his buttons the right way, we can all get in-depth character-analyses from Jazzfanz-shrink Dr. NAOS. It's worked once so far.

Has anyone here ever read a NAOS post, and laughed at his attempt at humour?

The being mean and a dick thing I don't really care about tbh, but I'm disappointed he can't be funnier. I think I chuckled at only one of his posts from the rant. I liked the b_line to b_line thing.

I would bet my entire life that Dr. NAOS is < 5'10" and has a small penis.

So yeah, I was wrong, but I still think what I said earlier was more logical than saying he would be as good as Chandler/Noah.

Spock would like you to know that wrong is never logical.

I standby my statements of not making ridiculous comparisons too early.

What? They obviously weren't ridiculous comparisons.

I think you guys should just give credit to those posters who got it right, and leave it at that. There's no shame in getting stuff wrong sometimes, as we all do. When I was looking for old threads to bump, I was going to bump a Hayward contract matching thread, but a couple of my posts were so bad, I really kinda hope nobody ever reads those again. Happens to the best of us.;)

Jerry Sloan saw it. He said that guy works like a @#^&^ train with ^%^%$ wheels on the *&^&&**&^ track! (or something like that.) They bought the pick because Jerry believed in Gobert. THAT guy should actually be driving the bandwagon. . .

Spock would like you to know that wrong is never logical.

What? They obviously weren't ridiculous comparisons.

I think you guys should just give credit to those posters who got it right, and leave it at that. There's no shame in getting stuff wrong sometimes, as we all do. When I was looking for old threads to bump, I was going to bump a Hayward contract matching thread, but a couple of my posts were so bad, I really kinda hope nobody ever reads those again. Happens to the best of us.;)

It would be easy to do if people weren't so arrogant and insular when making their "predictions". If people simply make statements and use phrases like "could be", "but let's wait and see", "he may surprise us after we've seen more than 434 minutes from him", then it might be easier to let it slide; we all F-up. However, I read absolute statements and insults to others thinking he might be better. It's like with Curry the other game and his sullen appearance after the game. Many revelled in it because of how much he rubbed our nose in **** the last time we played them. It's hard not to feel that he deserves every comment and jab he gets because of his behavior before. Karma and all that jazz. Pun intended!