What's new

What kind of player can Gobert be?

Jerry Sloan saw it. He said that guy works like a @#^&^ train with ^%^%$ wheels on the *&^&&**&^ track! (or something like that.) They bought the pick because Jerry believed in Gobert. THAT guy should actually be driving the bandwagon. . .

Sloan?
Pretty sure it was Lindsey and our international scout (can't remember his name offhand).

It would be easy to do if people weren't so arrogant and insular when making their "predictions". If people simply make statements and use phrases like "could be", "but let's wait and see", "he may surprise us after we've seen more than 434 minutes from him", then it might be easier to let it slide; we all F-up. However, I read absolute statements and insults to others thinking he might be better. It's like with Curry the other game and his sullen appearance after the game. Many revelled in it because of how much he rubbed our nose in **** the last time we played them. It's hard not to feel that he deserves every comment and jab he gets because of his behavior before. Karma and all that jazz. Pun intended!

Agree. I remember back on the old board...guess it must have been 2004 or something, we had a contest for best rebuilding plan. I put a lot of thought into it and my plan was voted 2nd best. Can't remember exactly what I had proposed, but I remember a few years later I hoped that thread would NEVER be bumped. My proposal would have been AWFUL, even though at the time, it seemed to be pretty good. Players are always hit and miss. Best example of that is the Snyder/Humphries draft. IIRC, we got A's from all the major draft "experts." Well maybe not Ford; I hear he graded it as a "D." That guy has tremendous hindsight (and the last remaining flux capacitor)! :D

Sloan?
Pretty sure it was Lindsey and our international scout (can't remember his name offhand).

I heard it was Sloan as well. I don't think he was out scouting in Paris, but from what I remember he saw potential and fire in Rudy and recommended we pull the trigger.

I heard it was Sloan as well. I don't think he was out scouting in Paris, but from what I remember he saw potential and fire in Rudy and recommended we pull the trigger.

I read that he attended the workouts and he singled out Rudy and his work ethic and teachability as someone we needed to get. The fact that we had Rudy in for the workout at all is probably to the credit of the scout.

I think we got Rudy because he is tall and can walk and chew gum at the same time. I think I read that is part of the workout for bigs anyway.

I read that he attended the workouts and he singled out Rudy and his work ethic and teachability as someone we needed to get. The fact that we had Rudy in for the workout at all is probably to the credit of the scout.

Didn't remember the workout, but I did remember Lindsey saying there was an international player everyone was "sleeping on." So give credit to all of them. Getting Gobert makes up for wasting the #9 pick on Trey. Also thank OKC and Boston. The pre-draft rumor had the Jazz targeting a big, but then concluding he'd likely be gone before the Jazz picked. That prompted them to trade up. Don't know if that big would have been Olynyk or Adams.

Sloan was in Chicago as well. Pretty sure the Jazz had Rudy high on their list, and then they ended up being able to buy the pick from Denver and get him. I think the whole org was probably in agreement that they should get Rudy.

It's cuz it's NAOS, bro.

Has anyone here ever read a NAOS post, and laughed at his attempt at humour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

too bad I'd logged off before the Lap Dog came rushing onto the scene.

too bad I'd logged off before the Lap Dog came rushing onto the scene.

Jumped in Cuz I saw my name mentioned even tho I wasn't even posting in this thread.

You think about me THAT much, huh. Pretty cute tbh.

I think we got Rudy because he is tall and can walk and chew gum at the same time. I think I read that is part of the workout for bigs anyway.

Like Fesenko once said in an interview: ''I don't wanna be like 'I'm center, I play low post, and I can walk'', with the strong Ukranian accent..

Jumped in Cuz I saw my name mentioned even tho I wasn't even posting in this thread.

You think about me THAT much, huh. Pretty cute tbh.

So, I called the dog and it came to heel? interesante.....

So, I called the dog and it came to heel? interesante.....

New posters who read NAOS's God-awful chirps probably assume he's a BYU fan.

New posters who read NAOS's God-awful chirps probably assume he's a BYU fan.

droppin rivalry bombs from Alberta. Cool reference... even if you've never really experienced what the rivalry is like for yourself, ya know, being from Canada and all. It's cool though that you're able to soak up so much of what other people tell you about feelings. And that you've done so much ethnography of BYU fans from here (on jazzfanz!).

droppin rivalry bombs from Alberta. Cool reference... even if you've never really experienced what the rivalry is like for yourself, ya know, being from Canada and all.

Lol so PLS convince me as to why this matters.

It's cool though that you're able to soak up so much of what other people tell you about feelings. And that you've done so much ethnography of BYU fans from here (on jazzfanz!).

Yeah, it's pretty cool honestly. There's tonnes I've learned in fact.

PS: there are insane amounts of Mormons here in Alberta. Ever heard of Cardston? Raymond? I have 3 different mormon friends on missions, two currently at BYU. Both were diehard fans back in highschool. One was born & raised in Utah. I've heard him try to insult, reminds me of you.

BUT I WILL NEVER KNOW. NOOO. NAOS WINS.