What's new

What should be done with Rudy Gay

The restricted status gives me very little added confidence because the thing that will keep us from signing Paschall is money. If he gets more than the minimum, I don't think we match. Same goes for House and Forrest. House and Forrest would probably love to come back. Paschall has to come back if we match...but if those guys get more than minimum, they are gone because a cheaper option can be had.
Unless he plays a little more or shows out in the playoffs I think the market will be fairly tepid for him. I think his market caps out at the 2 year BAE so 2/8... Maybe someone breaks up the MLE into a couple players and give him a 3/10M like you are saying... but the restricted status will push his market lower... I think there is a 50/50 shot he plays for the QO of 2.2M and becomes a UFA next year.

Unless he plays a little more or shows out in the playoffs I think the market will be fairly tepid for him. I think his market caps out at the 2 year BAE so 2/8... Maybe someone breaks up the MLE into a couple players and give him a 3/10M like you are saying... but the restricted status will push his market lower... I think there is a 50/50 shot he plays for the QO of 2.2M and becomes a UFA next year.
The can will be far enough down the road that if/when we decline matching a 2/8 on Paschall we can have the media tell us how shrewd we’re operating and how we have delicate space to work with and we’ve got NAW for $5M and how we really believe in him and see him as a future piece. Basically the deflection will be that we think NAW is awesome without drawing attention to the reality that we are hampered on small financial decisions because of short-sighted financial decisions a few months prior. But we can spin that as a positive “because NAW is really good!”

Your logic completely escapes me but ok, I’ll bite, why would he surely be productive? This should be good for amusement.
He's carried the Stars all year and often has had to play with seven players. Right now he is the GLeague's leading scorer. Ainge drafted him so he has an idea what he can do.

Anyone remember Hot Rod Hundley’s, the restaurant? I have visual of the neon logo embedded in my mind from 30 years ago. We wonder how accurate it is. Kinda reminds me of the Colonel.

Sober, I recall seeing your namesake in GreenStreet on several occasions back in the 1980s. He did not appear to be separated from the intoxicating effects of lively beverages.
I frequented pretty much every bar or nightclub in the slc area often back in the 2000's and Green Street was my favorite of all. Loved that place. Had such a cool layout. I liked that I could be on the dance floor and order a drink at the same time. Bathroom locations, eating area, pool tables, couches, main bar, everything was in the perfect location. Great set up.