Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 13-6

• 14-5 or better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoberasHotRod

I believe how we perform over this next stretch will determine to some degree what direction we go at the trade deadline. We are currently at 15-19, 12th place in the West, 2 games out of the Play In, and 4.5 games out of 6th place.

We have 19 games left before the trade deadline on Feb 8 at 3pmEST.

- 8 of the 19 games are against the top 6 teams in the NBA
- 3 of the 19 games are against bottom 6 teams in the NBA
- 10 games at home and 9 games on the road
- 4 sets of back to backs

I believe how we perform over this next stretch will determine to some degree what direction we go at the trade deadline. We are currently at 15-19, 12th place in the West, 2 games out of the Play In, and 4.5 games out of 6th place.

We have 19 games left before the trade deadline on Feb 8 at 3pmEST.

- 8 of the 19 games are against the top 6 teams in the NBA
- 3 of the 19 games are against bottom 6 teams in the NBA
- 10 games at home and 9 games on the road
- 4 sets of back to backs
Just to highlight the actual schedule for the stretch you are referring to:

Thu, Jan 4vsDetroitDetroit
Sat, Jan 6@BostonBoston
Sun, Jan 7@PhiladelphiaPhiladelphia
Tue, Jan 9@MilwaukeeMilwaukee
Thu, Jan 11vsDenverDenver
Sat, Jan 13vsTorontoToronto
Sun, Jan 14vsLos AngelesLos Angeles
Tue, Jan 16vsIndianaIndiana
Thu, Jan 18vsGolden StateGolden State
Fri, Jan 19vsOklahoma CityOklahoma City
Sun, Jan 21@HoustonHouston
Wed, Jan 24@New OrleansNew Orleans
Fri, Jan 26@WashingtonWashington
Sun, Jan 28@CharlotteCharlotte
Tue, Jan 30@BrooklynBrooklyn
Wed, Jan 31@New YorkNew York
Fri, Feb 2vsPhiladelphiaPhiladelphia
Mon, Feb 5vsMilwaukeeMilwaukee
Wed, Feb 7vsOklahoma CityOklahoma City

The top contender opponents we play (Celtics, Bucks twice, 76ers twice, OKC twice and Nuggets once) include 5 home games and 3 road games so we will probably win 2-3 of those 8.
Gotta go down homer lane and say we beat Wizards, Pistons and Hornets despite playing 2 of them on the road, but they all should struggle with our size big time.

Then its about the pack of mid playoff/play-in teams, where we play 4 home and 4 on the road, so I'm going for a better case scenario and say 5-3 against them to get to my optimistic scenario at 11-8.

I have no idea of rest advantages or disadvatanges like I did last month though, so I'm not that confident about this one.

Jazz should be looking at 6 or 7 wins: Detroit, Toronto, Golden State, Washington, Charlotte, Brooklyn and maybe Houston

I went 10-9. We are playing really well but it is a rough stretch. I could see more with the play lately. Also health is always a factor.

I went with 8-11. We are on a roll right now, so probably win some of these games coming up where we won't be favored. However, we have so many games and so much travel towards the end of the month that we likely lose some games we should win because of no legs.

I would predict that we end up at the trade deadline in the same position in the standings that we are in now, which likely results in selling off a few vets at the deadline, but not a complete tear down.

I went with 8-11. We are on a roll right now, so probably win some of these games coming up where we won't be favored. However, we have so many games and so much travel towards the end of the month that we likely lose some games we should win because of no legs.

I would predict that we end up at the trade deadline in the same position in the standings that we are in now, which likely results in selling off a few vets at the deadline, but not a complete tear down.
Why dont you just make the votes public?

Went 9-10, we are rolling but that is a brutal stretch. Which I think leaves us in an awkward spot at the trade deadline, but probably still in a sell the veterans position

That is quite the 11 game stretch after the pistons game. I'm going 8-11.

I went with 7-12 if we hit that i can feel proud of myself but lower and I will be frustrated more and I can be happy with the winning. So 7-12 to be is the worst case scenario.

I went for 6-13. Think we will be back on earth soon/ We are not good enough for beeing at least a Play off team. Lakers will maake some move, Memphis will likely pass us.... still don't really understand the strategy right now. Hopefully trade deadline make it more clear.