• 12-7

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 13-6

• 14-5 or better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soooo.... anyone want a mulligan with this one?

Maybe, probably. I specifically said we would win some games during our tough stretch since we are on a roll and said we would lose games towards the end due to no legs. So technically I still have the chance to be right on, but I'm feeling much less confident in my 8-11 prediction.

I think we currently stand at 7-1. The pessimist in me is saying 12-7 is realistic at this point.

Where is my 19-0 option? The 14-5 or better option is for cowards. I want to drink the Kool Aid while I can.

This upcoming 6 game road trip seems like it could have a lot of consequences.

If we play well we might be in a top 6 play in spot. If so, I think Lauri gets in to another all star game.

If we somehow fall apart, and drop out of the play in positioning we might be more motivated to start selling vs buying.

It could be interesting.

We currently stand at 11-7. If Jazz wins Warriors in the postponed game I achieve some bragging rights! :)
Solo picking the correct result is worth applauds (if that happens).

I am also pretty happy with my 11-8 and especially with this breakdown:
The top contender opponents we play (Celtics, Bucks twice, 76ers twice, OKC twice and Nuggets once) include 5 home games and 3 road games so we will probably win 2-3 of those 8.
Gotta go down homer lane and say we beat Wizards, Pistons and Hornets despite playing 2 of them on the road, but they all should struggle with our size big time.

Then its about the pack of mid playoff/play-in teams, where we play 4 home and 4 on the road, so I'm going for a better case scenario and say 5-3 against them to get to my optimistic scenario at 11-8.

I have no idea of rest advantages or disadvatanges like I did last month though, so I'm not that confident about this one.
If we beat GS then I got everything correct except that we won 4 instead of 3 against the top level teams.

The real point of the thread is where we would be at by the trade deadline. I think people can make up whatever they want about the GS game. Personally I think there was an 80% chance we won that game. So I think 12-7 is the closest. If you guessed 11-8 you can pretend we would have lost that game and still pat yourself on the back.

Kind of crazy we outplayed 90% of everyone's expectations, but it still kind of feels like we didn't play that well.

Kind of crazy we outplayed 90% of everyone's expectations, but it still kind of feels like we didn't play that well.
This.
Clarkson has been a huge slump. Its seems Sexton has went from playing like an all star to just an ok player lately. I feel like simone has been in a big time slump (i will check the data on this in a minute). Even Lauri had a couple of recent stinkers. Yet here we are exceeding expectations anyways.

This.
Clarkson has been a huge slump. Its seems Sexton has went from playing like an all star to just an ok player lately. I feel like simone has been in a big time slump (i will check the data on this in a minute). Even Lauri had a couple of recent stinkers. Yet here we are exceeding expectations anyways.
I went back 15 games and these are the shooting numbers for Simone

49-115 from the field for 42.6%. 27-76 from three for 35.5%
For the season he is at 45% from the field and 39.1% from 3.

Not as bad as I thought. Nowhere close to the slump clarkson has been in. And clarkson has been getting the second most minutes on the team and we are still exceeding expectations so thats a really good sign.