What's new

What you sippin on?

I just got stuff out of climate-controlled storage. Found about 5 bottles of #9.
Thought it would be kinda bad tbh.. But it was BETTER than before! Tastes awesome, actually.
New thanks again, GF.
You definitely hold the record for drinking the most "aged" gameface home brew. Glad it was still good. Beer should stay good for years, but if it was exposed to oxygen or sanitation was bad it wouldn't have lasted.

In support of the Utes tonight I'm all 'bout that 801

community_builder_banner.jpg

I'd like to thank Gameface for the beer he sent me. Simply a rad dude if you ask me.

So far I've had the following (in order of likability):

Yes
Third Cousin
UGLI

All three have had the right amount of carbonation. All three were served in a pint glass and all three had great head. I'm going to save the porter until it cools down a bit and the Bee Bitter (?) for a special occasion.

So far so good!

Ok, so I had a beer yesterday before work and one today.

Added to likability list:

Yes
Third Cousin
UGLI
Worker
Goldilocks (I thought this was pretty meh)

I still have more than a few bottles left and for that I am thankful.

Just bought some Dimple Pinch whiskey to get drunk by myself on a weekday. Damn fine Scotch.

2aag56w.jpg

Just bought some Dimple Pinch whiskey to get drunk by myself on a weekday. Damn fine Scotch.

2aag56w.jpg
Is it whiskey or scotch?
Btw I would like some

I drank some $200 scotch at a wedding this past weekend. I guess it was good, I'm not really a person who ever drinks hard alcohol.

I drank some $200 scotch at a wedding this past weekend. I guess it was good, I'm not really a person who ever drinks hard alcohol.

I'm pretty much the same. Whiskey is my only hard drink. Other than that, I only drink beer.

This is the best scotch I have ever had. I got it as a "gift" from a fellow alcoholic trying to quit. I wish I could afford to drink it.

mac25.jpg

Ok, so I had a beer yesterday before work and one today.

Added to likability list:

Yes
Third Cousin
UGLI
Worker
Goldilocks (I thought this was pretty meh)

I still have more than a few bottles left and for that I am thankful.

One thing that sucks about giving away beer... people having your beer when you're buying the cheap stuff from the gas station.

I'll be kegging a batch of YES fermented with a seasonal yeast this weekend. But until then I'm out.

Goldilocks is a blend of YES and Worker Bee Bitter. Chance they were more oxygen exposed because I had to pour half a bottle from one keg then hook up the other keg and top off. Oxygen is a major killer as beer ages.

But I'd say none of the beers from those I sent are the best of their kind. I'm still troubleshooting but sure I'll figure it out pretty quick. They all share a subtle astringent quality that is unintended. My last batch had that as well but much less pronounced. When I taste this current batch I'll have a good idea of what was up with those beers. All those beers were the first ones on my new system. That may not be to blame, but several things changed all at once, not just the brew system, and I'm down to a few different possible causes.