What's new

What you sippin on?

So this was a couple months ago, but I was in San Diego and got my hands on some Bell's Two-Hearted. It's awesome. It was the IPA that pretty much started this whole IPA revolution. Funny thing about it is that it's not ridiculously bitter and doesn't need to be consumed within days of release in order to appreciate the full hop aroma and flavor. It is a clean, hoppy yet mellow beer. My sister tried one and as a San Diegan she was like "this is an IPA?" She also went to the UK a while back and when she'd go to the pubs and order an English IPA the locals were like, "Whoa, who's this crazy American bitch drinking the strong stuff." They'd go so far as to try to warn her off it, and she said their IPAs were like a toned down American Pale Ale. I was pissed at her because she didn't tell me she was going to the UK and so I didn't get a chance to have her try and maybe bring back a few beers I really want to try. But anyway, back to Bell's Two-Hearted, it is a solid beer that I was really excited to try. Smuggled three bottles back to UT and have harvested the yeast fr use in a sort of Two-Hearted clone better known around these parts as #9. I'm also using that yeast on my next batch of Bounty Hunter (previously known as Stifle Tower IPA, then briefly renamed Playoff Push IPA, before becoming Bounty Hunter) Rye IPA.

I've been brewing like a freaking mad man in prep for this year's Beehive Brew Off. I just made room for three kegs in my kegerator (hard work clearing out the old stuff) so I have 5G of Worker Bee Bitter, 5G of Stormborn Golden Ale, 5G of Underway IPA that just went in. I had to put off kegging a batch of Bitter Exit (British Best Bitter) and YES (British Strong Bitter) because I didn't drink my beer fast enough. So I have 35 gallons of beer that's either in the keg or ready to keg and I'm going to make another 20G next weekend.

large_americanprairiebourbontrimmed.jpg

Homemade cucumber and jalapeño margs with the tequila shown and chartreuse. Love the chartreuse and its smokey/herby flavor.

Bad ***.

28cd8fdce42099f6184a4b5cda53610f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homemade cucumber and jalapeño margs with the tequila shown and chartreuse. Love the chartreuse and its smokey/herby flavor.

Bad ***.

The mason jar is a blended and trained mix of English cucumbers, peppers, agave, and fresh lime.

Bad ***.

I'm thirsty as **** bro

Also, Also, had to google chartreuse.

I know what chartreuse is. My buddy was giving me fishing advice, said I needed power bait, and said it HAD to be the chartreuse one, and he repeated chartreuse like 50 times and even said it all cool like "chartreusy" one time.

So anyway, if you want to be an awesome fisherman you need powerbait and it has to be chartreuse.

prod_5683351722

Also for [MENTION=26]Gameface[/MENTION] have you tried Proper brewings new Gruit beer? It is brewed the old fashion way without hops. It was not what I was expecting but it was pretty good.

download.jpg

Also for [MENTION=26]Gameface[/MENTION] have you tried Proper brewings new Gruit beer? It is brewed the old fashion way without hops. It was not what I was expecting but it was pretty good.

View attachment 5052
I haven't but I'll try to find some. Did you get it at the liquor store or at a beer bar.

I know what chartreuse is. My buddy was giving me fishing advice, said I needed power bait, and said it HAD to be the chartreuse one, and he repeated chartreuse like 50 times and even said it all cool like "chartreusy" one time.

So anyway, if you want to be an awesome fisherman you need powerbait and it has to be chartreuse.

prod_5683351722
Rainbow glitter is the way to go bro.