What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

The Seventh Seal (1957) 10/10. Ingmar Bergman continues to skyrocket my list of favorite directors with each film I see.

I love scenes in movies involving chess (and poker)... This has an EPIC one..

Last edited:
The Seventh Seal (1957) 10/10. Ingmar Bergman continues to skyrocket my list of favorite directors with each film I see.

I love scenes in movies involving chess (and poker)... This has an EPIC one..

I’ve really wanted to see this for years. Is this the one with Max Von Sydow? I wanna say MVS plays the Devil or Death or something like that.

I’ve really wanted to see this for years. Is this the one with Max Von Sydow? I wanna say MVS plays the Devil or Death or something like that.

It's the one but you have the roles mixed up, he plays the Knight returning from the crusades who meets death and plays him in chess...
backdrop-1920.jpg

It's iconic, its funny, it's beautifully shot, it's timeless ...

Reading a biography on Bergman tomorrow, can hardly wait.

Having said that my date was really great.. it was our first date and I must have made a good impression as she said let's see another movie afterwards. Fingers crossed guys! Fingers crossed!!!

So a quick update.. it didn't really work out. She was probably too young for me anyway (she's 19, I'm 36), she's too busy with her friends and her study. I probably should have known better but oh well...

Anyway, I had another date last night and saw Rampage. I mean, it is what it is, the final 30 minutes was pretty great with all the cgi and all, but overall it was pretty 'meh'. Well any movies with 'The Rock' for me is gonna be that and this was no exception. 2/5 for me.

The date on the other hand went pretty well. She's a bit more my age and seems really nice and friendly but it's early days. She enjoyed the movie more than.

Anyone seen the new avengers movie?
I plan to see it Monday if I can find a babysitter

I suppose before I see Infinity War I need to catch up on my Marvel movies. Still haven't seen Spider-Man: Homecoming, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther.

I suppose before I see Infinity War I need to catch up on my Marvel movies. Still haven't seen Spider-Man: Homecoming, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther.

The one I would definitely watch first is Thor Ragnarok. The audience had a full range of emotions... laughter, cheers, stunned silence, and even crying.

The one I would definitely watch first is Thor Ragnarok. The audience had a full range of emotions... laughter, cheers, stunned silence, and even crying.
I did see that one. I wouldn't miss a Thor movie ever.

A Quiet Place. A tense, well-made flick. But do even an iota of thinking and you'll realize the whole premise was beyond dumb as ****.

Exotica (1994) is great. 9 or 10 out of 10. I love the theme and vibe this projects. I'm not a strip club type of dude, never was. Ebert might've put it best when he said "gentleman's clubs" offer 'stage-choreographed lust'... this movie delves into this bizarre pathetic strip-club reguar mindset/behavior/habit and dances on its grave. Theres these great moments of despair and emptyness and weaving of relationships between customer and employee. The teenage chick dressed in a school uniform does a great job.

In these days and times of ****** dime-a-dozen remakes I'd have to say someone shouldve bought the rights to this and cast a bunch of beautiful actresses, not saying this hasnt aged well but its just a story worth rehashing. It wont happentho, its lacks key marketting elements, the masses prefer cheesy feel good endings.You know, the film industry is riddled with basic consumer conditioning, create a positive impression that coincides with u taking $$$ out of your pocket in exchange for the right to stare at a screen for 90-180 minutes. this is a great flick/story it sucks that the masses prefer being spoonfed their warm moments rather than watch something that unfolds and makes ya think.

Last edited: