What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

Exotica (1994) is great. 9 or 10 out of 10. I love the theme and vibe this projects. I'm not a strip club type of dude, never was. Ebert might've put it best when he said "gentleman's clubs" offer 'stage-choreographed lust'... this movie delves into this bizarre pathetic strip-club reguar mindset/behavior/habit and dances on its grave. Theres these great moments of despair and emptyness and weaving of relationships between customer and employee. The teenage chick dressed in a school uniform does a great job.

In these days and times of ****** dime-a-dozen remakes I'd have to say someone shouldve bought the rights to this and cast a bunch of beautiful actresses, not saying this hasnt aged well but its just a story worth rehashing. It wont happentho, its lacks key marketting elements, the masses prefer cheesy feel good endings.You know, the film industry is riddled with basic consumer conditioning, create a positive impression that coincides with u taking $$$ out of your pocket in exchange for the right to stare at a screen for 90-180 minutes. this is a great flick/story it sucks that the masses prefer being spoonfed their warm moments rather than watch something that unfolds and makes ya think.
Like Elf.

I thought infinity wars was fantastic. Damn near perfect.

I thought infinity wars was fantastic. Damn near perfect.
I liked it. I thought they made the villain more relateable and gave him more depth than anyone expected from a marvel film. I can even see his point.

Saw Black Panther last night. Loved it. Ready to see Infinity War now that I'm caught up on the Marvel universe.

I liked it. I thought they made the villain more relateable and gave him more depth than anyone expected from a marvel film. I can even see his point.
Ya, Thanos is a huge reason i liked it so much. Great character. Total badass and I really could get why he was doing what he was doing and kind of agreed with him to a certain extent.

Neighbors 2.

Meh.

I find Zac Efron very likable though. He’d be easy to hate but he mixes solid acting with solid comedic ability.

The Mirror (1975)

A Tarkovsky masterpiece. 10 / 10. So many memorable shots/scenes. The image of the burning barn is one i wont forget.

I gotta find a way to get to Super Troopers 2...

No doubt. I’m waiting patiently for it to arrive on my app.
Super troopers is quite possibly my favorite movie of all time

blow-out-movie-poster-1981-1020206674.jpg

So this is a pretty underrated movie, there are some people who consider this De Palma's best film. So I figured this would be a good place to start when going through his filmography. And well it was pretty damn good. It took a second viewing to really appreciate some of the things of what he was doing but you can tell the guy is just great at his craft, and he has the details of what he's trying to accomplish carefully planned. The guy just knows how to place the camera in just the right spot to get the best shot. There are somethings I only realized upon second viewing that I initially didn't pick up on and just adds to it.

John Travolta feels naturally right for the role, some of the best parts of him are the behind the scenes of him as a sound editor back in the film days when he's cutting up actual pieces of film for each particular sound, than he pieces it together, nowadays you just drag and drop that ****, not nearly as interesting. There are some pretty funny moments as well - like them bringing in all these different girls just trying to find the right scream to use in a movie. John Lithgow reminded me of how well he can be the villain, I just remember him in Dexter back when that was one of the best shows on TV, he's just really good in that role. Just a excellent movie by a great director with great acting, definitely a recommendation from me.

carlito.jpg

So this has one of the better climaxes to a movie I've seen, the entire sequence is just precision film making at it's best and it had me on the edge of my seat. The performance from Pacino here can be overlooked because it's low key in comparison to his other roles but it's IMO one of his better ones, he shows some great range here. Penn is pretty great here as the sketchy lawyer as well. I think what hurts the film at least for me it is feel all to familiar, kind of a been there done that to it. It's clearly not in the same tier as a Blow Out, but it's a solid flick with some great performances from Pacino & Penn.

I gotta find a way to get to Super Troopers 2...

No doubt. I’m waiting patiently for it to arrive on my app.
Super troopers is quite possibly my favorite movie of all time

I heard it sucked badly compared to 1st one.

I saw the midnight showing of it and enjoyed it. It captured the original feel pretty well. It is a really dumb movie but pretty funny. But I also saw it sandwiched between 2 holidays, bicycle day and 420 so my opinion might have been swayed. I didnt rewatch the original one but still got most of the references.

Its mostly a dumb, funny nostalgic movie. Worth the watch if you liked the first one.

What’s everyones opinion of Insidious? A friend mentioned it the other day and now I’m curious.