What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

Becoming Cary Grant(2017) - 10/10 documentary. This is hands-down the best thing I've seen all month.

Last edited:
Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) - I love this ****. 10/10. One of my favorite action flicks, and favorite John Carpenter films.

Napoleon Wilson is a fantastic character...

"I have my moments"

I have no plans to see the remake..I'd watch this version 10 times before I caught that.

Last edited:
Bowfinger (1999) - Comedy starring Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy. Robert Downey Jr and Heather Graham in it too.

This **** is crazy underrated.... Steve Martin SLAYS in this movie... I'd go as far as saying this is 9/10 material...

Now it's not Fellini's 8½, but i do enjoy movies about making movies. The premise to this film is really quite good.

Starting to go thru some Ingmar Bergman films. It's a hefty catalog to try and traverse.

Wild Strawberries (1957) is an easy 10/10 film.

I get an Edgar Allen Poe, whom im a huge fan of, type vibe from this stuff..

Last edited:
A Quiet Place

Expected a bit more actually after the raved reviews. It was SOLID but I wouldn't say it's fantastic or excellent or superb. The material and the plot just felt a bit thin? To me it was basically just the same thing over and over.. the action itself didn't really progress for me.

Also the abrupt ending felt like either they had ran out of time or the budget to give it the extra 10 min it needed.

3 1/2 star out of 5 for me.

Having said that my date was really great.. it was our first date and I must have made a good impression as she said let's see another movie afterwards. Fingers crossed guys! Fingers crossed!!!

A movie for a first date?

Bad move bro. Take her somewhere you can talk to her next.

LOL so NAOS is taking a break so you've taken the baton, ... LOL.. ok.

Well it's just something to do...

We went to buy tickets at 7pm, and the movie starts at 8.30pm so we had time to grab a bite to eat and talk a bit, so it was all good. And it worked too cos we were friendly before going in and it made me trying to hold her hand in the cinema a bit easier.. (I'm shy).

A Quiet Place

Expected a bit more actually after the raved reviews. It was SOLID but I wouldn't say it's fantastic or excellent or superb. The material and the plot just felt a bit thin? To me it was basically just the same thing over and over.. the action itself didn't really progress for me.

Also the abrupt ending felt like either they had ran out of time or the budget to give it the extra 10 min it needed.

3 1/2 star out of 5 for me.

Having said that my date was really great.. it was our first date and I must have made a good impression as she said let's see another movie afterwards. Fingers crossed guys! Fingers crossed!!!

So an anecdote about this movie. Went the other day with my wife. Spoiler alert but this movie is one of the quietest movies I’ve seen in quite some time. Anyway we ended up being seated next to someone with a genetic condition that made them breathe loudly and make random noises very often. Totally not their fault, but I’d be lying if I said I could recall the movie very well lol.

LOL so NAOS is taking a break so you've taken the baton, ... LOL.. ok.

Well it's just something to do...

We went to buy tickets at 7pm, and the movie starts at 8.30pm so we had time to grab a bite to eat and talk a bit, so it was all good. And it worked too cos we were friendly before going in and it made me trying to hold her hand in the cinema a bit easier.. (I'm shy).
I love a movie for a first date. Sometimes both parties are shy on the first date and talk is hard to come by.... so relaxing and watching a movie can be fun to do. can talk before the movie and after the movie but not forced to try to come up with awkward conversation for long periods of time. The movie can be sort of the icebreaker. Plus, you automatically have something to talk about after the movie (the movie) Then after that first date is done the comfort level with each other might be a bit higher for date two.
Everyone is different though so what might be a good first date for one person could be a horrible idea of a first date for another person. Nothing is universal so you do what you want to do.

Last edited:
I love a movie for a first date. Sometimes both parties are shy on the first date and talk is hard to come by.... so relaxing and watching a movie can be fun to do. can talk before the movie and after the movie but not forced to try to come up with awkward conversation for long periods of time. Then after that first date is done the comfort level with each other might be a bit higher for date two.
Everyone is different though so what might be a good first date for one person could be a horrible idea of a first date for another person. Nothing is universal so you do what you want to do.

The only thing though is if before the movie you go to a dinner with her and it turns out you've got nothing in common and don't really get along, then it's a bit tricky to bail cos you've already committed to the movie so you've got to sit for the next 2 hours next to someone you might not want to.. LOL..

Persona (1967)... wow what a movie!! One of the greatest I've seen for sure. 11/10

In Roger Ebert's 'in memory of Ingmar Bergman' article from 2007 there's this quote which seems to be spot on;

And David Mamet has just written me: “When I was young the World Theatre, in Chicago, staged an all-day Ingmar Bergman Festival. I went at ten o'clock in the morning, and stayed all day. When I left the theater it was still light, but my soul was dark, and I did not sleep for years afterwards.”