What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

ya know what movie i went back and saw a few times this year n realized ive always been underrating it (personally but also within the wes anderson catalogue)--- The Royal Tenenbaums which is over 20 years old now...

Ive come to realize im from a family sorta just like that... n as much as its supposed to be a ridiculous comedy, where Gene Hackman says something endearing but finishes the statement with something jerkish, ive come to realize i know quite a few ppl like that, n **** ive even been like that, often..

Truly think that is a heck of a movie.. the soundtrack fkin slays too.. of more modern soundtracks u cant find too many better IMO. I still think Rushmore is the best Wes Anderson film but The Royal Tenenbaums has vaulted over all the others to take the 2nd spot.

I didnt really like the new Wes Anderson film all that much.. It starts with the shot he ripped from the Jacques Tati movie Mon Uncle, n its super, duper stylish, on my first veiwing im sitting there connecting the shots that hes sorta remixing... it was kinda scattered, and as someone who is able to follow most of the visual references i couldnt help but wonder how does this hit to the average movie goer who isnt peiceing together the source material?

The Algerian Actress Lyna Khoudri does a great job, shes goregeous... Tilda Swinton does a great job, she's hilarious.. Its one of those things, kinda fragmented... or i should say very fragmented..

I also think too that there's a pattern in the wes anderson filmography, that the movies with the best narration are the best movies.. n Alec Baldwins narration of the Royal Tenenbaums sets the bar very high..

The narration in the french dispatch is weak, n skittish.. idk.. Ima go back and watch it again maybe ill eat my words..

I also think too that there's a pattern in the wes anderson filmography, that the movies with the best narration are the best movies.. n Alec Baldwins narration of the Royal Tenenbaums sets the bar very high..

The narration in the french dispatch is weak, n skittish.. idk.. Ima go back and watch it again maybe ill eat my words..
Why do you abbreviate "n" and literally nothing else?

Watched The Power of the Dog today on Netflix - kept thinking that was a weird movie, but worth a watch.

Starts out as a western and slowly becomes a thriller. Great performances all-around with some pretty big character reveals the second half. Was proud to say that I called the ending before it happened.

Watched The Power of the Dog today on Netflix - kept thinking that was a weird movie, but worth a watch.

Starts out as a western and slowly becomes a thriller. Great performances all-around with some pretty big character reveals the second half. Was proud to say that I called the ending before it happened.

I liked it. I also called the ending. I think the movie is a little over rated. Still a good movie though

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Why do you abbreviate "n" and literally nothing else?
why do you use the word literally when it doesnt apply? are you one of these old creepers trying to fit in with todays youth culture? is NBA not an abbreviation? NCAA? EYBL? G-League? PG, SG, SF, PF, C, SEC, ACC, ESPN... ?

editor is a paid position, why are you sitting there editing other peoples quotes on the internet for free? do you lack resourcefulness? are you thin-skinned and easily bothered by frivilous and common phrases, yet misusing the word literally like most of the children out there?

westerns as an entire genre of movies r so so weak n easily predictable.. they rely on photography of dudes with defiant looks on their faces n audiences who want to cheer that crap on, and little more..

man do i hate mel brooks movies... that **** is just unpallatable.. tried to watch the producers for the 4th or 5th time n turned it off halfway thru for the 4th or 5th time..

I will say though the beginning title sequence, is AMAZING.

if there ever was some genre thats "for old drunk white dudes, by drunk old white dudes" its that

I refuse to believe that film has "aged well" the comedy is from a past era, its pacing is awful, n its just too much slapstick one after another after another.. lacks immersive elements, almost seems like it comes from one central voice as opposed to different characters.. not my type of thing at all.. thats one of the movies i wont be trying to watch again its just too wound up..

lots of the gags simply arent funny either.. theres like no time for the gags to breathe... left me wondering if they were on a bunch of cocaine when they came up with this n filmed it, its got that kind of rabid pace to it imo..

why do you use the word literally when it doesnt apply? are you one of these old creepers trying to fit in with todays youth culture? is NBA not an abbreviation? NCAA? EYBL? G-League? PG, SG, SF, PF, C, SEC, ACC, ESPN... ?

editor is a paid position, why are you sitting there editing other peoples quotes on the internet for free? do you lack resourcefulness? are you thin-skinned and easily bothered by frivilous and common phrases, yet misusing the word literally like most of the children out there?
Kinda touchy ain't ya?

And you didn't answer the question.

Not a movie but im really liking the new show Reacher on amazon. I have read over 20 of the jack reacher books (I think there are like 28 or some ****) and the show has done a great job of following the book. The dude playing reacher is perfect. (****ing tom cruise lol) Might be too ****ing huge even (which is crazy cause reacher is supposed to be huge). Guy is a giant.

Kinda touchy ain't ya?

And you didn't answer the question.
was you father a btch? seems like he he raised you to act like one.

touchy? about what? baseless questions from strangers on the internet? u punks around here are so thin skinned you cant even stay on topic without getting personal. thats touchy.

Monica Vitti died :( Have a great print of her from L'Avventura hanging in my place. Great film guess i'll watch it again soon.

im a big fan of old french films but 2 i've seen recently that i wasnt too crazy about -- The Crime of Monsignor Lange and Touchez Pas au Grisbi... Ill check out the Crime of Monsignor Lange again to see if I change my mind but Touchez Pas Au Grisbi is a one and done film for me for sure.. would not reccomend.

the restored version of Orson Welles Othello from 1951 is truly a masterpiece n it had all sorts of outragous constraints on the production. He had some great camera work and beautiful locations. definitely worth a watch if u havent seen. he pulled out all sorts of tricks to make this work when it had lots working against it. The restoration which was spearheaded by his daughter was so, so clutch, n well worth it.

I have lots of screens n sometimes when im drawing a blank on something new to throw on ill put this on, it never gets stale to me. Welles massive stage presence is well captured in this one.

was you father a btch? seems like he he raised you to act like one.

touchy? about what? baseless questions from strangers on the internet? u punks around here are so thin skinned you cant even stay on topic without getting personal. thats touchy.
Wow you are really touchy. I was just curious about your writing style. You immediately took it as an attack. You ok buddy? Need a hug?

Not a movie but im really liking the new show Reacher on amazon. I have read over 20 of the jack reacher books (I think there are like 28 or some ****) and the show has done a great job of following the book. The dude playing reacher is perfect. (****ing tom cruise lol) Might be too ****ing huge even (which is crazy cause reacher is supposed to be huge). Guy is a giant.
He's actually shorter than the book describes - the books have him as 6'5" (heck, the show describes him that way, too) but the actor is only 6'2". Heck, that's shorter that 2 of my sons.

He actually started his career as a model for Abercrombie & Fitch, and I can guarantee you read that and thought, "Oh, yeah, that makes sense." Like, not just that he was a model, but for Abercrombie & Fitch.

I've seen him in other stuff before, but in this, he kind of moves funny, like he just had 50 lbs of muscle stapled onto his body last week and he's not quite comfortable with it yet. He plays the character like he's on the autism spectrum, tho, which is actually pretty cool.

I'm really interested in seeing the new Tragedy of MacBeth. My favorite version of it so far has been the Fassbender version, just because the cinematography was just amazing. I mean, Fassbender is great, and Cotillard is great, but the Director/DP/cinematographer are gods. They use color like a knife.

Last edited: