What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

f0e1af07c1f617b750b08e7120eaa3b74398509e53db413ef73f58e665feca6f._RI_V_TTW_.jpg

****ing hilarious

It is because it pushes an alternative narrative that doesn't fit that genre. Openly pushing liberal agendas is the best way to get the attention of the academy. It doesn't matter if the movie is any good as long as it fits the right narrative.

It’s that partly but moreso because Campion directed it I’m sure.

Dirt! The Movie (2009)... Good documentary! about man and its relationship with dirt.. People should see this! Honestly it should be shown to kids in school.

"Its a beautiful day" 2012.. this is pretty good! u can see why its highly rated.. see ya dont need 55-200million dollars and brandname stars to make a solid movie.. just a good idea and a camera

Went to see "Uncharted". Pretty good mindless fun. Just do not think too hard about...well about any of it really. Just let it wash over you and it is a fun watch, nice way to kill a couple hours, get a minor laugh or 2, and a very obvious "twist". As a cinematic "film" worthy of the Academy, it would be a 1.5 out of 7 stars. Instead I give it a solid 5 out of 7 for being entertaining. I have a really hard time taking Mark Wahlberg as anything but silly and ridiculous, so he kills a lot of movies for me. Just a bad actor, tbh. But Tom Holland does a good job of being Tom Holland, and he is likeable enough. Pretty generic all around, nothing unique, and I mean literally nothing, but fun to watch nonetheless unless all you are ever looking for in movies is the next Citizen Cane or whatever edgy hipster thing with a fancy or controversial or misunderstood or before his time director is the only thing worth your time, then you probably want to skip it.

Went to see "Uncharted". Pretty good mindless fun. Just do not think too hard about...well about any of it really. Just let it wash over you and it is a fun watch, nice way to kill a couple hours, get a minor laugh or 2, and a very obvious "twist". As a cinematic "film" worthy of the Academy, it would be a 1.5 out of 7 stars. Instead I give it a solid 5 out of 7 for being entertaining. I have a really hard time taking Mark Wahlberg as anything but silly and ridiculous, so he kills a lot of movies for me. Just a bad actor, tbh. But Tom Holland does a good job of being Tom Holland, and he is likeable enough. Pretty generic all around, nothing unique, and I mean literally nothing, but fun to watch nonetheless unless all you are ever looking for in movies is the next Citizen Cane or whatever edgy hipster thing with a fancy or controversial or misunderstood or before his time director is the only thing worth your time, then you probably want to skip it.
Marky Mark was really good early on, in Basketball Diaries and Boogie Nights, but as soon as he started getting leading man action roles (Planet of the Apes, most obviously) he stopped caring.

I just can't imagine the set pieces in that movie stack up to the set pieces in the games.

Marky Mark was really good early on, in Basketball Diaries and Boogie Nights, but as soon as he started getting leading man action roles (Planet of the Apes, most obviously) he stopped caring.

I just can't imagine the set pieces in that movie stack up to the set pieces in the games.
Oh the green screen is decent. Obviously very little practical effects. Although I read that they used this new SFX tech for some scenes where they essentially create a sound-stage with super-high-res OLED screens (like 8k) and then they can project whatever scene they want in a full circle around the sound stage, like a beach with moving waves and people walking around, then set up the scene on the soundstage to match the background scenery in what is being projected through the screens. Then they use a computer to track movement of the characters and actors and can seamlessly insert them into the background. Supposedly much more realistic. I thought the effects were pretty good, from how they were filmed and put together, although way over the top and completely unrealistic of course.

All three of those games were fantastic. The second one was a masterpiece and one of the greatest games of all time. The third one I played entirely in 3d on my new (then) 3d tv and that was pretty epic.
Such good games.

Im currently watching Green Book. About an hour into it. So so good. If the rest of the movie is as good as it has been so far then it will likely be one of my all time favorites

Watched Studio 666 at Brewvies tonight. Good dumb fun. Don't go into this thing with any expectations. Probably the first time I've been to a theatre in more than 7 years.

header.jpg

Anybody seen the latest Death On The Nile?
Yeah - it's pretty meh. It's competently shot and acted, but it's very sluggish pace-wise steering towards boring. Honestly feels like 20-25 minutes could have been easily trimmed and the movie would have benefitted. And watching Gal Gadot for two hours is never a chore.

Wait for it on free streaming platforms IMO.

Yeah - it's pretty meh. It's competently shot and acted, but it's very sluggish pace-wise steering towards boring. Honestly feels like 20-25 minutes could have been easily trimmed and the movie would have benefitted. And watching Gal Gadot for two hours is never a chore.

Wait for it on free streaming platforms IMO.
Good deal, thanks! The wife loves Agatha Christie, and we enjoyed the other Branagh film. He does seem to think very highly of himself though.

Anybody seen the latest Death On The Nile?
My son did, and enjoyed it.

BTW, did I say welcome back? Also, if you ever feel I'm crossing a line or being too critical, just say so. I value the contribution of intelligent people that I don't agree with most of all.

Just finished the most recent Venom movie. It sucked. I give it a D+ and only that high of a grade because it made me laugh a couple of times.

My son did, and enjoyed it.

BTW, did I say welcome back? Also, if you ever feel I'm crossing a line or being too critical, just say so. I value the contribution of intelligent people that I don't agree with most of all.
Thanks OB. I’m really just dropping in, doubt I stay long. I don’t believe you’ve ever crossed a line with me. We don’t often agree, but I know that you’re thinking critically. We don’t all have to agree, we all have valid, and different, reasons for our beliefs, and that’s okay. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Just finished the most recent Venom movie. It sucked. I give it a D+ and only that high of a grade because it made me laugh a couple of times.
Yeah they totally whiffed on that franchise. Could have been something great, but horrendous writing, sub-par acting, and bad cinematography just torpedoed it. Too bad.