What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

Not a movie but im really liking the new show Reacher on amazon. I have read over 20 of the jack reacher books (I think there are like 28 or some ****) and the show has done a great job of following the book. The dude playing reacher is perfect. (****ing tom cruise lol) Might be too ****ing huge even (which is crazy cause reacher is supposed to be huge). Guy is a giant.

Pounded it out last weekend. Loved it.

I'm really interested in seeing the new Tragedy of MacBeth. My favorite version of it so far has been the Fassbender version, just because the cinematography was just amazing. I mean, Fassbender is great, and Cotillard is great, but the Director/DP/cinematographer are gods. They use color like a knife.

Fassbender is solid but he must have the worst ****ing agent on the planet. Dude has so many awful whiffs over the last ten years.

Even Dwarfs Started Small (1970) 10/10 would watch many times over. It's nothing short of amazing. One of Werner Herzogs first films.

U can find the full film on YT with English Subs.

The Great Ecstasy of Woodcarver Steiner (1974), 10/10, its a 45 min documentary by Werner Herzog you can find for free on YT. Absolute masterpiece. It finds a much better midground between sport and film than most any sports films ive seen, and imo is one of the strongest films in Herzogs whole catalogue.

While seemingly a documentary about a ski jumping event and a great ski jumper there's really an underlying tone of the human element to this film, it delves into dreams and limitations as many of Herzogs films do, this one is truly one of the finer examples though.

Full disclosure I tend not to believe the story about the Raven Steiner tells near the end, seems to me Herzog fed him those lines to jazz it up a bit... maybe I'm wrong.. Excellent film that really i'd recommend to just about anyone.. Im sure even a preoccupied child could stop in their tracks and appreciate how cool some of these shots of the jumpers are flying (and crashing) in slow motion.

Lessons of Darkness (1992) 11/10 must see. this Herzog Doc will take your breath away, and not for any reason thats good. I cant help but think that Mad MAx Fury road had a 200mil budget and cant even remotely compete with the doom and destruction upon the landscape (and the populous) as seen here in Kuwait..

Documentaries like Lessons of Darkness are why i think Horror is such a weak genre.. IF you want horror there's documentaries that blow the best horror films(suspiria, 1977) out of the water

It's also easily found for free on youtube, i think most all of the Herzog docs are. Anyone with a pulse will have their breath taken away by this one...

there's a mother interviewed, who can barely speak, who's had her sons tortured infront of her face. The wreckage to the landscape is mad max fury road levels of unbelievable..

theres another mother who had her son whos gotta be like 4 head stepped on with a boot n put all their weight on it.. shes holding her son in the documentary and says he hasnt spoken a word since.

There's not even really as much narration or dialogue in this as most of his docs, and there doesnt need to be because the images/footage speak for themselves..

Last edited:
my top 5 Herzog documentaries as of rn are

1) The Great Ecstasy of Woodcarver Steiner
2) The Land of Silence and Darkness
3) Lessons of Darkness
4) Cave of Forgotten Dreams
5) My Best Fiend

with hon mention to Little Deiter Needs to Fly

Is anyone going to the new Jackass movie? Looks pretty dumb, blatant cash grab. They must be running out of money. Now it is geezers hurting themselves, not kids any more.

Is anyone going to the new Jackass movie? Looks pretty dumb, blatant cash grab. They must be running out of money. Now it is geezers hurting themselves, not kids any more.
I could never really get into the jackass shows. Too much butthole and nut sack action for my taste. Some stuff was funny but overall it just wasn't my thing. I don't like pranks that involve physical harm and I didn't like watching people lighting firecrackers in their butts.

I saw it. I thought the previous versions were great but this one sucked pretty bad. Way more butt holes and penises than the other ones. I can handle a bit of that but this latest jackass movie was way too much of it.

The Power of the Dog is the favorite to win Best Picture and Best Director? Wtf? I watched 40 minutes of it and it was mediocre. I love westerns as much as anyone but that film winning is a joke. Maybe I should withhold judgment and watch the rest but I doubt it. I think the 6.9 on IMDb confirms my thoughts. Unbelievable if that wins and a great western like The Proposition was never even in the conversation.

The Power of the Dog is the favorite to win Best Picture and Best Director? Wtf? I watched 40 minutes of it and it was mediocre. I love westerns as much as anyone but that film winning is a joke. Maybe I should withhold judgment and watch the rest but I doubt it. I think the 6.9 on IMDb confirms my thoughts. Unbelievable if that wins and a great western like The Proposition was never even in the conversation.
I thought it was good. I also thinks its over rated though.

It is because it pushes an alternative narrative that doesn't fit that genre. Openly pushing liberal agendas is the best way to get the attention of the academy. It doesn't matter if the movie is any good as long as it fits the right narrative.