What's new

What's the Next Move?

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
The main thing the Conley trade signals to me is that the Jazz want to get worse this season to improve their pick and to free up money in 2023. Maybe this move was enough. You can now give major minutes to guys like THT/Simone/Ochai which should help the team get worse. Sexton will probably be the starter and we will see how that goes long-term (guessing not well, but could be wrong).

So what's the next move? Is there a next move? Selling KO for an expiring and late 2nd rounder? Trying to get a first for Clarkson? Dealing Sexton? Waiving Gay?

I think this is likely it until the summer. If anything else happens I would expect it to involve KO, but outside of that I don't see anything else happening.

I’m guessing that Clarkson has a 50/50 chance of being traded tomorrow. I think he might still be worth a quality asset - depending on the team dealing for him.

I’m hoping they trade KO, but all of the pieces I thought they’d have to pair with him just got dealt to the Lakers/Wolves.

I’m fine shipping off Sexton, Clarkson, Olynyk, and Azubuike. Olynyk to Boston or Miami, Azubuike to Dallas. Clarkson or Sexton to whomever is interested. Nobody wants Gay.

Not trading Clarkson would be a disaster. Try to get a first, settle for multiple seconds if needed. KO to Boston for seconds, call it a day.

I don't think they would have to settle for seconds, I think they could absolutely get a first for Clarkson if they wanted.

I am interested to see what Sexton can do as a starter over the rest of the season.

Obviously I'm not a believer, but the starting lineup is largely the same as it was with Conley. Sexton will have good players to work with so he wont have any excuses for not succeeding with those lineups at least.

Olynyk for Gallo and Payton Pritchard makes a ton of sense for both teams.

2023 FA list is not great, Bob.
There are a few guys that make some sense. Jalen McDaniels and Mo Wagner are the 2 guys I would look at. Also maybe take a flyer on Cam Reddish and Darius Bazley as well.

Jerami Grant and Kyle Kuzma probably the only two high priced UFA's Im interested in.
Grant would have to be the target as of right now.

But word is we are doing a pretty undercover coy move and monitoring the Luka situation.