What's new

When did you guys begin to lose interest in the Jazz?

No doubt started to decline with Jerry, then an even steeper decline when trading Deron. I've never "lost" interested, but if I was to compare my passion during the '07/'08 Lakers 2nd round series to now it wouldn't be close.

Game 5 was rigged. Very few times have I have been so enraged watching a sports game after that.

A little when Stockton retired. A little more when Jerry retired. And a little more upon seeing TyCo make the same mistake game after game all year long. A little more at trade deadline. And I'll lose a little more when they re-sign Al and Mo this summer and draft some white center from Kansas.

you people are cry babies.

**** off and dont let the door hit your *** on the way out. Go join the heat bandwaggon cry babys.

Never, because I'm not a bitch. But in reality when I had a kid and had less time to get drunk and make a night out of it.

A few signature moments in my mind:
-It started when Jerry left but I still believed the Jazz still possessed the ability to maximize their potential up until late February 2012 in the final game before the all-star break. At that point I realized Ty wasn't simply a "young coach" - he was a poor coach who would marginalize whatever talent and ability that the Jazz had. When Utah "reloaded" with average veterans playing prominent roles for a run at the 8th-seed this season I officially crossed over from the "patience" side to the "The Jazz are making no sense" side.

To me being a sports fan is about happiness and hope.
I always found enjoyment watching the Jazz (and when I didn't such as in 2004-05 &, 2005-06 I had hope because I knew brighter days would be ahead because of a high lottery pick and/or good health). This year, I've watched 75-80 of their games live and the majority of the time their play offered little enjoyment to me. Nevertheless I still have hope because of the Core-4, even with Ty returning. If the Jazz bring back Al and Mo (which will marginalize the Core-4) I would lose hope and will take a significant step back in terms of my interest in the team. Life's too short to invest substantial time in something that provides neither happiness or hope.

Trade deadline- had their chance shoulda coulda woulda
Agree.
I was excited for the new season, but interest waned with Corbin playing the vets so much. I thought something - anything - would happen at the deadline. Alas, it was more of the same. But you have to be encouraged by Ty. A blind coach winning 43 games...that's FANtastic!

I was pumped for Corbin. I thought he would revolutionize the Jazz. I was eve more pumped about the Favors trade. I thought he would play 30 a night, we would add an awesome top pick with the Brooklyn pick and toss in Hayward and a GS pick I thought we would be set again. I thought the short season was the perfect time to play the young guys and end up with two amazing picks.

Then Corbin happened. Favors never played. Burks never played. Kanter never played. The biggest blunder was the game that we lost in 4 OT. I realized then, as long as Al and Corbin were around, the Jazz were screwed. Then I was lectured by the Jazz organization. The trade deadline came and went. And so on. This year has to be the worst year in My Jazz fandom. The only game I watched beginning to end this year was the first game after the trade deadline. When I saw ZERO changes, ZERO desire from the Jazz to improve, I tuned out.

This summer is huge for the Jazz. If they keep Al, I'll continue being a better father. If Al is gone, I'll be a better fan.

The good news is, we have AMAZING building blocks. Imagine if Al, Millsap and other vets are gone. Imagine if Corbin is gone. I'll be pumped if that happens.

I was pumped for Corbin. I thought he would revolutionize the Jazz. I was eve more pumped about the Favors trade. I thought he would play 30 a night, we would add an awesome top pick with the Brooklyn pick and toss in Hayward and a GS pick I thought we would be set again. I thought the short season was the perfect time to play the young guys and end up with two amazing picks.

Then Corbin happened. Favors never played. Burks never played. Kanter never played. The biggest blunder was the game that we lost in 4 OT. I realized then, as long as Al and Corbin were around, the Jazz were screwed. Then I was lectured by the Jazz organization. The trade deadline came and went. And so on. This year has to be the worst year in My Jazz fandom. The only game I watched beginning to end this year was the first game after the trade deadline. When I saw ZERO changes, ZERO desire from the Jazz to improve, I tuned out.

This summer is huge for the Jazz. If they keep Al, I'll continue being a better father. If Al is gone, I'll be a better fan.

Wow.. REALLY?

I am a die hard jazz fan. I've watched virtually every game over the past 7 years...until this year. This isn't Jazz basketball. The Jazz system used to be something special. It was great to watch a true team system of basketball. Now they look like any of the other teams in the league (albeit worse than most). The Jazz are in a sad state right now.

My wife laughed at me when I got teary-eyed during the game they retired John Stockton's number. If I knew what the future of Jazz basketball held, I probably would have sobbed.

Early this season. When I realized that Corbin was not going to develop the youth. And had no idea how to coach offense or defense.

100% this.

I'll prob catch a lot of **** for this, but I can go to pretty much any home game I want to, and in really good seats, but didn't go to a single game this season. I simply have no interest in watching Al and the collection of journeyman vets play in place of kids Id like to see developed.

I was out of town quite a bit early in the season, and before the season I naively expected to see the kids be developed quite a bit more. Well by the time I was back and able to go to games I no longer wanted to see that product in person. I gave a lot of tickets away to diff people we do business with and the one I regret was the Charlotte game. Yeah, it was Charlotte, but again, that's the product I, as a consumer, want to see.

I am a die hard jazz fan. I've watched virtually every game over the past 7 years...until this year. This isn't Jazz basketball. The Jazz system used to be something special. It was great to watch a true team system of basketball. Now they look like any of the other teams in the league (albeit worse than most). The Jazz are in a sad state right now.

My wife laughed at me when I got teary-eyed during the game they retired John Stockton's number. If I knew what the future of Jazz basketball held, I probably would have sobbed.

100% this.

The decision to hire Ty in haste was the beginning of the End for me.

Wow.. REALLY?

Absolutely. He talked about changing the defense to guard the three better. Huge change. He talked about changes to the offense to highlight Deron more. He talked about a lot of other things as well, but never really did anything.

Absolutely. He talked about changing the defense to guard the three better. Huge change. He talked about changes to the offense to highlight Deron more. He talked about a lot of other things as well, but never really did anything.

That's the problem. He talks too much. Too much talking, not a lot of action.

Did you see his interview today on ESPN? He rambled on and on and on - nobody wanted to listen.

I know what you mean. This was the 1st season I regretted my purchase of League Pass. If Ty is back, I will NOT buy LP next season. I have great hope for the C4, but can't stand watching a team that has no clue on offense or defense.