What's new

Where are The Crybabies over Conley Trade Now?

I'm very happy with how Conley is playing. I still think we should have gone after a better fit. I think Jeremy Grant would plug a hole for us and be less redundant and he also had an All-star worthy season. But as it is that is our achilles heel and hopefully Conley and Mitchell can play this well throughout to offset the hit when playing the higher-level teams that are coming and we don't have anyone to guard the perimeter and are severely undersized. Specifically the Lakers at full strength and then likely Brooklyn when we hit the finals.

We still owe them a first round pick in the trade. Conley although old, oft injured, and expensive, has had a good year for us (better late than never). I’m glad Conley is playing well, but we aren’t deep in the playoffs yet. I hope the Jazz can win the whole thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conley has been great for us, besides the first half of last year with us.

But this is premature. Getting out of the first round should happen with or without Conley. Conley and this team have to at least make it to the western finals and be competitive. Obviously more would be amazing.

@LoPo is still in a wait and see mode.
Yes I am. We traded so much for Conley to get to the next level in the playoffs. We were a borderline 2nd round team with or without Conley.

I've already said I would rather be wrong and our team succeeds than be right and our team disappoints.

So much more has to be done before either side of the Conley argument can be proven right.

Side note - thank you to all fallen veterans and their amazingly strong families on this sacred Memorial Day.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

The hell is wrong with fans right now? I just read that some fan threw a water bottle at Kyrie Irving.

That coupled with out of line (allegedly) heckling, throwing popcorn on Russ, I for one am embarrassed as a fan of the sport.

It's not a good look at all for the fans and I don't think we're going to like the repercussions that the league takes for player safety.

Probably result in moving fans farther away from the court and bench permanently.

I'm very happy with how Conley is playing. I still think we should have gone after a better fit. I think Jeremy Grant would plug a hole for us and be less redundant and he also had an All-star worthy season. But as it is that is our achilles heel and hopefully Conley and Mitchell can play this well throughout to offset the hit when playing the higher-level teams that are coming and we don't have anyone to guard the perimeter and are severely undersized. Specifically the Lakers at full strength and then likely Brooklyn when we hit the finals.
Lakers are done if AD does not come back. I agree though that the Jazz main weakness was not addressed and that is an athletic 3 and D player.

The hell is wrong with fans right now? I just read that some fan threw a water bottle at Kyrie Irving.

That coupled with out of line (allegedly) heckling, throwing popcorn on Russ, I for one am embarrassed as a fan of the sport.

Fans have been doing that **** forever. The press has chosen to make an issue of it now.

Lol for the "wait and see guys" there is nothing to wait for. We don’t beat Memphis without Conley this year.
Yes if we have exactly this team and he is out with an injury it'll be a tall order. But replace him with a healthy Jeremy Grant and we slaughter them and it wouldn't be close.

Yes if we have exactly this team and he is out with an injury it'll be a tall order. But replace him with a healthy Jeremy Grant and we slaughter them and it wouldn't be close.
Why would we have Jeremy Grant? He definitely doesn't seem like someone we had a chance at and he almost definitely would not have signed here. Also, Grant made a huge jump this year, he's a pretty far off expectation.

This isn't necessarily true either. Conley has been a huge leadership and great at bringing this team together. I think if you replace Conley with Grant this season it's far more likely we are a worse seed. As far as this series goes, that's way too hard to guess.

Lol for the "wait and see guys" there is nothing to wait for. We don’t beat Memphis without Conley this year.
No one can say that for sure because without Conley we would have different player(s) in his place.

We wouldn't have the same roster just minus Conley.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Why would we have Jeremy Grant? He definitely doesn't seem like someone we had a chance at and he almost definitely would not have signed here. Also, Grant made a huge jump this year, he's a pretty far off expectation.

This isn't necessarily true either. Conley has been a huge leadership and great at bringing this team together. I think if you replace Conley with Grant this season it's far more likely we are a worse seed. As far as this series goes, that's way too hard to guess.
Yes the only other player we could have ever had would be Jeremy Grant. Duh. No imagination required. No understanding of the broader discussion and the many many times it has been mentioned that a strong wing defender, someone like a healthy Jeremy Grant, has been brought up. Don't stretch your brain beyond what is right in front of your eyes, you might end up *gasp* thinking.

We could have used that money and the trade to acquire a player not as redundant as Conley. A more experienced wing defender perhaps, or a player like "a healthy Jeremy Grant" who had an all-star year this year as well, and we would be as good or even better off than we have been with Conley.

Conley is not a unicorn. We could have traded for a player that wasn't as redundant and also plugged a hole on the roster that has been a problem all year for us, just as it was in the playoffs last year.

I'm very happy with Conley's play, and very glad he's performing so well. We'll absolutely need that to go anywhere this year considering he is absolutely one of our 3 best players. But pretending he brings some mythical level of leadership that bumps everyone else's nba 2k stats by 10 and that we couldn't have a player in his place that is both a strong leader and a better fit is just asinine.

Yes the only other player we could have ever had would be Jeremy Grant. Duh. No imagination required. No understanding of the broader discussion and the many many times it has been mentioned that a strong wing defender, someone like a healthy Jeremy Grant, has been brought up. Don't stretch your brain beyond what is right in front of your eyes, you might end up *gasp* thinking.

We could have used that money and the trade to acquire a player not as redundant as Conley. A more experienced wing defender perhaps, or a player like "a healthy Jeremy Grant" who had an all-star year this year as well, and we would be as good or even better off than we have been with Conley.

Conley is not a unicorn. We could have traded for a player that wasn't as redundant and also plugged a hole on the roster that has been a problem all year for us, just as it was in the playoffs last year.

I'm very happy with Conley's play, and very glad he's performing so well. We'll absolutely need that to go anywhere this year considering he is absolutely one of our 3 best players. But pretending he brings some mythical level of leadership that bumps everyone else's nba 2k stats by 10 and that we couldn't have a player in his place that is both a strong leader and a better fit is just asinine.
Who is this player? It's nice to make up these dream scenarios but that doesn't make them possible like it's 2k.

There definitely are players that make others played around them better when they are on and off the court. Yes, it's possible to find someone, but Conley is really well liked and respected around the league. There are not many players like that. He is also a really good player and has been his whole career.

Also we were the best team in the NBA in the regular season. So the team we put together did a pretty good job.

The Jazz also didn't think Mitchell would take such a big leap last year into playing the pg, so at the point he was traded for makes a big difference. Even with that big jump you can still see plenty of times Conley playmaking and on court leadership makes a huge difference. But you also made it clear this year you think Mitchell isn't very good. Maybe I miss remember but I think it was you who said multiple times you think he isn't needed and Clarkson is better.

Maybe there was a better trade we missed, I don't know. But this was a positive good trade and filled a need.