What's new

Where are The Crybabies over Conley Trade Now?

I'm putting this team, that features Conley, above any other Jazz team.
But that 97 team won games at a greater rate.
Would've taken 4 more wins for this Jazz team to match that winning percentage. I don't think it's a stretch to say that they would've gotten there if Mitchell hadn't gone down.
The problem is Stockton and Malone never got hurt like almost never. That’s as much a skill as anything.

In 1997 the Thai had a winning % of 780 this team had a % of 722 and had less losses in more games. Stockton and Malone carried a team of Jeff Hornacek on two bad knees at the end of his career and a bunch of backups with maybe one other finge starter in Russell. If you take Malone and Stockton away from that team and replace them with the run of the mill allstars, that’s one of the worst teams in the league. The way it sounds to me is you’re putting Conley on a Pedestal above Stockton and Malone, I just don’t understand where you’re trying to go with this
Yeah ending at 52-20 means the best this team could have done was 62-20, and that's if they won all of their last 10, which was unlikely. The 97 team ended at 64-18 and the 98 team ended at 62-20. Both objectively equal or better than this year. And the 97 team only was 2nd because the bulls were an ungodly 69-13. And in 98 the bulls matched the jazz at 62-20 and we were first because of winning the tiebreaker. I think it's a really tall order to say that this team is unequivocally the best jazz team ever.

However I don't think it's a stretch to say this might be our best chance at a championship because we are not facing the juggernaut of the bulls or a team like them as an established threat/defending champion.

We got Conley as a missing piece to contending for a title. I want that. I'm willing to eat crow if we get there.

Having the best record doesn't mean crap to me. Winning playoff series is what matters.

We made the 2nd round with a rookie version of Don, a lesser version of Rudy and Royce and without Clarkson. Considering what we gave up for Conley (Rubio, Crowder, Allen, Korver and 2 1sts), the Conley trade ain't a win for me until our team knocks on the door of contention.

Up 3-1 or even beating the 8 seed isn't a victory party for anybody nor should it be. I expect more because we were told Conley is exactly what we lacked to contend. I see it in the making and I'm happy, but we got to see this through.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
I get a perverse satisfaction out of watching people trying to dig themselves out of holes when they know they are wrong.

I get a perverse satisfaction out of watching people trying to dig themselves out of holes when they know they are wrong.
Man I want to throw out a mom joke here but it gets pretty raw... think I’m going to have to bury the Hearsky mom jokes so that I can read your posts without thinking about how I will insult your mom.

So you think being tied is the best? I thought you were a Bama fan who only cared about wins, but now you want to say being tied is accomplishing the best record?

You don't even have a consistent philosophy for this stuff.
Did we host the finals against the Bulls? You know the answer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah ending at 52-20 means the best this team could have done was 62-20, and that's if they won all of their last 10, which was unlikely. The 97 team ended at 64-18 and the 98 team ended at 62-20. Both objectively equal or better than this year. And the 97 team only was 2nd because the bulls were an ungodly 69-13. And in 98 the bulls matched the jazz at 62-20 and we were first because of winning the tiebreaker. I think it's a really tall order to say that this team is unequivocally the best jazz team ever.

However I don't think it's a stretch to say this might be our best chance at a championship because we are not facing the juggernaut of the bulls or a team like them as an established threat/defending champion.
Sorry meant 1996 64-18