What's new

Where Does Hood End Up?

Where Does Hood End Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will say on the Hood thing, I understand him being frustrated with Utah.

Yes Donovan Mitchell was great and deserved to start, but from Hood's perspective, why couldn't they both start? Rubio was struggling worse than him, but he was allowed to work through it in the starting lineup. So in his eyes, they brought this new guy in who was playing poorly, but he keeps his starting job while Hood is at least playing OK, gets benched. He probably felt slighted.

He lost his starting job last year too for poor play. Quin was only going to give him so many chances

He lost his starting job last year too for poor play. Quin was only going to give him so many chances
He didnt lose it last year because of poor play IIRC. He lost it because of injury and Ingles ended up really complimenting Hayward in the starting lineup so they just stuck with it.

Rod's had bad luck that hyperextension last year in jan ? i think really screwed him for the rest of the year.

this jealousy stuff tho .. pretty disappointing. Grow some balls

I will say on the Hood thing, I understand him being frustrated with Utah.

Yes Donovan Mitchell was great and deserved to start, but from Hood's perspective, why couldn't they both start? Rubio was struggling worse than him, but he was allowed to work through it in the starting lineup. So in his eyes, they brought this new guy in who was playing poorly, but he keeps his starting job while Hood is at least playing OK, gets benched. He probably felt slighted.

There's been multiple times during his career in Utah where he was struggling and then started playing better once the lineup was switched to bring him off the bench. It clearly motivates him when he thinks he might lose his starting spot. Regardless, it sure does look like Quin made the right call sticking with Rubio until this team had a chance to jell.

I'm sure you'll have some argument against this post, so all I will say is I bet he has the same results in Cleveland or another team next year if he is starting. He will hit a stretch where he is struggling, get moved to the bench, and then start playing better. I'll be sure to remind you when this happens, just like the fact Utah is suddenly not trying to thread the needle with bounce passes ever since Jingles game with 6 turnovers.