Where Does Hood End Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know the guy can score, but here are my questions about Hood

My guesses:
- does he play good enough defense to stay on the floor in the playoffs?: Yes
- can he stay healthy enough to rationalize a $15+ per year deal?: Probably
- will he facilitate the offense enough to keep us ticking?: Probably/maybe
- is he okay coming off the bench for probably the whole contract?: Probably not

Yet the poll did not include his most likely destination.
You see the choice titled "Field" do you not?

Ya bitch *** I made this poll 2 weeks ago and it includes 4 of the 5 teams reported by Tony Jones yesterday that had interest in Hood.

I think Rodney Hood is a 20 point per game 6th man with upside. With a new contract and a defined role, I think he’s going to be very, very good next year. Just not sure what the number value is on that.
Agree. We made a mistake asking him to become Benedict. Hes a sniper from deep and thats what he should be focusing on.

I know the guy can score, but here are my questions about Hood:

- does he play good enough defense to stay on the floor in the playoffs?
- can he stay healthy enough to rationalize a $15+ per year deal?
- will he facilitate the offense enough to keep us ticking?
- is he okay coming off the bench for probably the whole contract?

IF the answer to all those is yes, then we need to keep him

- does he play good enough defense to stay on the floor in the playoffs?

He is an average defender but far from terrible, competes hard, that is fine.

- can he stay healthy enough to rationalize a $15+ per year deal?

Can anyone be guaranteed health?

- will he facilitate the offense enough to keep us ticking?

Already one of our better facilitators.

- is he okay coming off the bench for probably the whole contract?

If he wants to start then he needs to earn it. Injuries are another issue, just never know when he'll be needed.

Some might dispute this, but I think the news that Lou Williams might extend in LA is huge for Hood's value: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ers-closing-contract-extension-trade-deadline

With Lou out, Hood is the best trade target wing available and its not close. He is so much better than Tyreke and Bazemore. He is younger, his restricted status means he can be kept long term, and he has steadily gotten better in his career.

I think we could get a really, really good haul for him if a team gets desperate enough.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

If Hood were on another team doing exactly what he's doing statistically and we found out he wanted to come to the Jazz, we would all be ecstatic to add him to the team.
You sure? IIRC, there was another guy doing something equal to or greater than Hood statistically who wanted to come here and it was pretty ho-hum.

You sure? IIRC, there was another guy doing something equal to or greater than Hood statistically who wanted to come here and it was pretty ho-hum.
I’m assuming that you’re talking about Niko Mirotic?

A.) I wouldn’t call 80+ pages ho-hum.

B.) Jazz don’t have to pay any future assets to get Hood. Just have to match or extend him. Paying his upcoming salary plus assets would certainly temper enthusiasm.

A.) I wouldn’t call 80+ pages ho-hum.
40 of those pages were my posts, 20 pages were people bitching about a first rounder -- of any kind -- being too much, 10 pages was LoPo posting trades, 5 pages were people checking in trying to find out if there was any news, and the other 5 were the handful of people who thought we should trade for him.

If Hood were on another team doing exactly what he's doing statistically and we found out he wanted to come to the Jazz, we would all be ecstatic to add him to the team.
On the other hand, i have had arguments with many jazzfanz who didn't want westbrook, harden, kyrie, griffin, and many other players who are better than hood on the jazz so maybe you are wrong on this one.

He is a sg. Mitchell is currently a sg.

If hood stays he is a backup. The jazz cant pay him starter salary. Hood is capable of starting for probably half the teams in the league. One of them will pay him starters wages.

40 of those pages were my posts, 20 pages were people bitching about a first rounder -- of any kind -- being too much, 10 pages was LoPo posting trades, 5 pages were people checking in trying to find out if there was any news, and the other 5 were the handful of people who thought we should trade for him.
sorry that shattered you, hun

He is a sg. Mitchell is currently a sg.

If hood stays he is a backup. The jazz cant pay him starter salary. Hood is capable of starting for probably half the teams in the league. One of them will pay him starters wages.
the market may be so dry that he gets a good rate for a 6th man... which is what his bowels are begging him to be