What's new

Where Does Hood End Up?

Where Does Hood End Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would do it... Atlanta would not. I figure AB is basically a minimum player at this point... so like 8-9M in dead salary will take more than a second.

If Atlanta is in though I'd be all over it.
They were reportedly seeking second round picks for those guys. Probably one pick per guy, though. Burks is just kinda filler. Not a toxic contract.

They were reportedly seeking second round picks for those guys. Probably one pick per guy, though. Burks is just kinda filler. Not a toxic contract.

They wouldn't do it... they would go from having $25M in cap space to like $14M. They could get a first for that package.

They wouldn't do it... they would go from having $25M in cap space to like $14M. They could get a first for that package.
Burks could be their free agent acquisition. Don’t make me drop an A. Tomic bomb on this mofo.

Teams can buy a second round pick for much less than 11M and that is just real dollars not cap space.

Teams are going to need to dump space during FA and it will cost more than a second rounder to move 11.5M.

AB isn’t good... a team could convince themselves they could fix him but he isn’t that young that there is a lot of upside.

You might be able to get Marco and Muscala for AB and a second... but muscala has a 5M P.O. that he likely exercises.

Apologies if discussed before:

A podcast I was listening to yesterday (not sure which, maybe Ringer w/ KOC), mentioned that one reason we may be seeing RFA names being shopped at the deadline is less because their teams actually want to trade, and more because they want better estimates of what the summer FA landscape might look like (Aaron Gordon was particularly named).

My guess is this doesn't apply to Rodney, but if DL can't find anything he likes for Rodney, I suppose this is a side-effect of apparently openly shopping him.

I disagree. Keep Hood... he may get a much lower offer than anticipated. There is enough noise about FA money drying up its worth the gamble unless someone comes with a good trade.

Replace ABs minutes with Hood and we are better.

I see where you're coming from. His 30 point game last night awesome, don't get me wrong. I just wish he was more consistent. I don't know if Rodney even likes it here or not. I personally believe if he doesn't mesh well with Mitchell, Gobert and company soon,(like next year or so) then we should dump him. It will be a fun rest of the season though!

I think Rodney Hood is a 20 point per game 6th man with upside. With a new contract and a defined role, I think he’s going to be very, very good next year. Just not sure what the number value is on that.

I think Rodney Hood is a 20 point per game 6th m

Ya me too. The issue is efficiency. If he is taking 20 shots to get those 20 points, not getting to the line, not getting assists, not getting rebounds, and not playing good defense while making over 15 million per year then his 20 points are garbage.

I think Rodney Hood is a 20 point per game 6th man with upside. With a new contract and a defined role, I think he’s going to be very, very good next year. Just not sure what the number value is on that.

Yep. I think Hood is an ideal release-valve option to space the floor and make a play late in the shot clock. The Jazz should just keep him under team control and kick the can down the road.

I know the guy can score, but here are my questions about Hood:

- does he play good enough defense to stay on the floor in the playoffs?
- can he stay healthy enough to rationalize a $15+ per year deal?
- will he facilitate the offense enough to keep us ticking?
- is he okay coming off the bench for probably the whole contract?

IF the answer to all those is yes, then we need to keep him

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-why-teams-should-pursue-rodney-hood/

Perhaps the Jazz are simply performing due diligence on Hood, as all teams do with all players at this time of year. But if the team is truly open to moving Hood, all 29 opposing teams should be pulling out all the stops to be the team that successfully trades for him.
Does this guy even watch Jazz games? He is trying hard to justify his opinion that Hood isn't that bad on defense, but this is nonsense:

"At this point last season, the Jazz were outscoring opponents by 7.8 points per 100 possessions with Hood on court, the team’s third-best net rating. This year, in only 85 fewer minutes, Utah is being outscored by 3.6 per 100 with Hood on court, nearly three points worse than any other Jazz player with at least 700 minutes.

"As always, context is king. Last season over the same stretch, Hood shared the floor with defensive stopper Rudy Gobert for 899 minutes. This season, due to shifting roles, Hood has played only 254 minutes with Gobert. This almost certainly accounts for the fact that the Jazz is allowing a team-worst 107.7 per 100 after limiting opponents to 103 during Hood’s minutes in the same segment of 2016-17."

So the reason the Jazz is allowing 107.7 per 100 with Hood on the floor is because Mitchell replaced Hood in the starting lineup? Poor Hood just isn't getting enough playing time with Gobert, because his starting role went to DM. Well, damn, maybe if Gobert hadn't missed 26 games from injury and if Hood hadn't missed 15 games from whatever, perhaps Rodney could have spent more time playing with Gobert. Of course, Hood did start the first 12 games of the season with Gobert....

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but would you do Hood and JJ for Crowder and Osman. Money is barely off in trade machine, however, I think the Cavs could throw in an exception. Crowder has played horrible there, but was great as a system player in Boston. Cheaper than resigning Hood (who has balled out lately but often looks like a rich man's CJ Miles...) Cedi has a lot of upside. JJ deserves a championship chance and this could be it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but would you do Hood and JJ for Crowder and Osman. Money is barely off in trade machine, however, I think the Cavs could throw in an exception. Crowder has played horrible there, but was great as a system player in Boston. Cheaper than resigning Hood (who has balled out lately but often looks like a rich man's CJ Miles...) Cedi has a lot of upside. JJ deserves a championship chance and this could be it.
I probably would have. I’ve liked Crowder since his early days in Boston destroying us and got really excited temporarily when it looked like we may land him in the summer, but at this point I’m thinking just roll with Royce.