What's new

Where Does Hood End Up?

Where Does Hood End Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And I havent seen this written anywhere, but KOC mentioned today in the NBA Ringer podcast that Utah was interested in Avery Bradley.

And I havent seen this written anywhere, but KOC mentioned today in the NBA Ringer podcast that Utah was interested in Avery Bradley.
This year? People brought up that sexual assault thing that I had forgotten and I’m inclined to believe that would be a non-starter here.

This year? People brought up that sexual assault thing that I had forgotten and I’m inclined to believe that would be a non-starter here.
God I hope not. Not for a cent more than the $8Mil/yr he makes now.

Everyone who has moved out of Stevens system has been trash!

It's such a weird case though. Personally I would steer clear of it, but it has no chance of ever becoming a thing since he settled before it could even become a story and the woman signed an agreement where she cant talk about it.

I also dont think he is that good.

But maybe the Clippers would trade Bradley + Detroit pick for Hood? Who knows.

I'm not trading Hood unless we get a first. Moving AB doesn't change our cap situation significantly and honestly the FA list is not ripe with guys I'd want.

Hood's RFA rights are just more valuable than they would have been in the past... someone is basically going to have to give him a contract they know will suck to get us to not match.

I do wonder if NO front office is sitting there going "oh ****... AD doesn't and can't be an effective center... wonder if Jazz will do Niko for Favs?"

The interesting thing is there is not going to be much money out there this year. Read the ESPN article below. A few people will do well but Favs and Hood could both be on the short end based upon bad timing.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22263630/nba-financial-crunch-coming

I'm guessing there will be a lot of short term contracts at a lower value this year with a player option for the second year. It'll be interesting to see what teams put together to try and compete.

I'm not trading Hood unless we get a first. Moving AB doesn't change our cap situation significantly and honestly the FA list is not ripe with guys I'd want.

Hood's RFA rights are just more valuable than they would have been in the past... someone is basically going to have to give him a contract they know will suck to get us to not match.

I do wonder if NO front office is sitting there going "oh ****... AD doesn't and can't be an effective center... wonder if Jazz will do Niko for Favs?"
And a 2nd (because **** them)

If Hood is making 12-15M a year he is good and tradeable if you need to make a move. Unless he puts up a few more performances like he did tonight I'm not sure who is giving him more than that.

Basically it is a first or a good young guy like Hernangomez (Saric ain't happening) or I'm not moving him.

I'd move Favs and take on some salary if it gets us a first or if we got a really good second... if not just keep him... if he walks he walks. It is working with him right now.

How about Burks and a second rounder for Belinelli and Ilyasova? Those are two serviceable dudes and expire. We’d have to buy out JJ first.

How about Burks and a second rounder for Belinelli and Ilyasova? Those are two serviceable dudes and expire. We’d have to buy out JJ first.

I would do it... Atlanta would not. I figure AB is basically a minimum player at this point... so like 8-9M in dead salary will take more than a second.

If Atlanta is in though I'd be all over it.