What's new

Where would Dante get drafted in a redraft as of right now?

Where would Dante get drafted in redraft?

• Total voters
cant tell ask again in three years. I was one of those before draft who didn't think he'd go as high as he did, but Im not unhappy we picked him- the draft is a coin toss, luckily the Jazz scout well generally.
He has shown glimpse of what he can do, maybe if he spent this summer with Stockton we see even more. His length and D and working on the three point shot, ability to see the court as he's taller than majority of PGs- still warrants him certainly top 7 compared to what else was availible

NBA draft.

Anyway Ima go with 7-10. I think in redraft Elfrid Payton, Marcus Smart, and Yusuf Nurkic would probably leap him.

Halfway through their rookie year, when they had the benefit of multiple years of college or international experience?

Honestly, right around the All-Star Break in 2010, where would Favors and Hayward had been in a re-draft? How about now? Pretty sure that most people recognize that the Jazz got two pretty good players out of that draft, even though it sure wouldn't have looked like it halfway through the 2010 (or even 2013) season.

Time is needed to properly evaluate how a player drafted on potential will actually perform. I've seen enough flashes in him that I can't wait to see what Quin Snyder can do with him after he's in better shape and has an NBA body to match his incredible speed of the dribble. He's still a baby who has been forced into the lineup before he was ready. The good news is that he will get bigger and stronger and probably more confident.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach before I start stressing out over him. It's still way too early to tell. With his upside, the only two I would have drafted ahead of him are still Wiggins and Parker.

All these people who voted 7-10 or worse. I would like to see your lists. This has not been a great draft so far, although too early to tell.

All these people who voted 7-10 or worse. I would like to see your lists. This has not been a great draft so far, although too early to tell.

1) Andrew Wiggins
2) Jabari Parker
3) Embiid
4) Marcus Smart
5) Jusuf Nurkic

Dante might come it at 6ish but I would put these 5 ahead as of right now.

Is Dante that much younger than Kyrie, John Wall, or Derrick Rose when they entered the league? Hell even Tyreke Evans looked better than Dante and has same potential that Dante had. Is Dante really that athletic that he has insane potential?

This thread is about 3 years too early. Exum was drafted as a project who isn't NBA ready, and any expectations of him being anything more than that this year just aren't realistic. Kinda silly to even suggest giving up on a 19 year old.

1) Andrew Wiggins
2) Jabari Parker
3) Embiid
4) Marcus Smart
5) Jusuf Nurkic

Dante might come it at 6ish but I would put these 5 ahead as of right now.

Is Dante that much younger than Kyrie, John Wall, or Derrick Rose when they entered the league? Hell even Tyreke Evans looked better than Dante and has same potential that Dante had. Is Dante really that athletic that he has insane potential?
Every single one of those guys had far less of a learning curve from their jump in competition to the NBA. Based on what I've seen so far, and considering the HUGE improvement's that I've seen in Gobert and Hayward this season. . . I'm going to say yes - he does have that insane potential. He shouldn't be out there right now. No doubt about it. But, he's flashed incredible potential and he's clearly not physically ready to contribute yet. He has a great work ethic and a great coach to help guide him. Keep him in Utah year round and see what he can do next year after a full off-season and weight/strength program. Plus, even though he's not scoring, he still passes well, plays solid defense AND is getting a crapload of film for him to break down and learn from.

This thread is about 3 years too early. Exum was drafted as a project who isn't NBA ready, and any expectations of him being anything more than that this year just aren't realistic. Kinda silly to even suggest giving up on a 19 year old.

This thread is early. We still have little idea who will be the best players from this draft class. However I think we have more data now than we did before the draft and I think if we replayed that same draft with all gm's knowing what they know now it would be different.

Every single one of those guys had far less of a learning curve from their jump in competition to the NBA. Based on what I've seen so far, and considering the HUGE improvement's that I've seen in Gobert and Hayward this season. . . I'm going to say yes - he does have that insane potential. He shouldn't be out there right now. No doubt about it. But, he's flashed incredible potential and he's clearly not physically ready to contribute yet. He has a great work ethic and a great coach to help guide him. Keep him in Utah year round and see what he can do next year after a full off-season and weight/strength program. Plus, even though he's not scoring, he still passes well, plays solid defense AND is getting a crapload of film for him to break down and learn from.

He has insane potential because..... he is sorta tall and runs kinda fast and is young? What separates him from someone like Myck Kabango who wasn't even drafted? What area of his play flashed great potential? The fact he can dunk? Big deal. I don't think anyone can escape the fact that he has been worse than expectation so far this year. This year doesn't really matter and it is all about the future but thats it? 6.73 PER? 62% free throw 37% fg? How many players that started their career like that have turned into all stars?

He has insane potential because..... he is sorta tall and runs kinda fast and is young? What separates him from someone like Myck Kabango who wasn't even drafted? What area of his play flashed great potential? The fact he can dunk? Big deal. I don't think anyone can escape the fact that he has been worse than expectation so far this year. This year doesn't really matter and it is all about the future but thats it? 6.73 PER? 62% free throw 37% fg? How many players that started their career like that have turned into all stars?

He has potential because of his size 6' 6" and his wingspan for a PG. He also has very good vision because he can see over the smaller guards. He can be very fast (I think he needs to really work on his handle before he can really release his speed). I didn't expect him to do much this year though. He definitely isn't a shooter so his potential is based on his elite size, defensive potential, and eventual driving game. There have been players that started out similar numbers, like Rondo, Parker, Conley, Kobe, etc. Give or take. I will say I'm a little disappointed so far, but I'm hoping for the best.

This thread is early. We still have little idea who will be the best players from this draft class. However I think we have more data now than we did before the draft and I think if we replayed that same draft with all gm's knowing what they know now it would be different.

You can do a re-draft a week later and things would change significantly because of the subjective nature of player scouting and information gathering. I've seen the defensive potential, amazing passing, play off the dribble and improved shooting mechanics (earlier than I expected) to convince me that he has a chance to be special.

Has he struggled? Absolutely. But so did Gordon Hayward and Rudy Gobert, who were both older and more experienced, when they joined the team. I think that Quin is fantastic about teaching these kids how to maximize their potential and I'm excited to see what he can turn Exum into. Right now, Dante is a malleable piece of clay that is being shaped and formed.

It's not exactly how I was hoping they'd go about doing it, but why not get him out there and have him start getting that experience as soon as possible? Winning now means nothing, but if it will help with his development 2 or 3 years from now, then all of this angst will be well worth it.

Conditioning and strength training are going to be HUGE for him, and the physical improvements to Gobert, Hayward, Favors and Kanter have me very, very excited about what Dante's potential is when he bulks up a lot.

You can do a re-draft a week later and things would change significantly because of the subjective nature of player scouting and information gathering. I've seen the defensive potential, amazing passing, play off the dribble and improved shooting mechanics (earlier than I expected) to convince me that he has a chance to be special.

Has he struggled? Absolutely. But so did Gordon Hayward and Rudy Gobert, who were both older and more experienced, when they joined the team. I think that Quin is fantastic about teaching these kids how to maximize their potential and I'm excited to see what he can turn Exum into. Right now, Dante is a malleable piece of clay that is being shaped and formed.

It's not exactly how I was hoping they'd go about doing it, but why not get him out there and have him start getting that experience as soon as possible? Winning now means nothing, but if it will help with his development 2 or 3 years from now, then all of this angst will be well worth it.

Conditioning and strength training are going to be HUGE for him, and the physical improvements to Gobert, Hayward, Favors and Kanter have me very, very excited about what Dante's potential is when he bulks up a lot.

Spot on pity I cant rep again now

Rondo actually shot better and played much better defense than Dante.
How about Jeff Teague and Jimmy Butler? Dante has had to play more than both of them combined in their rookie seasons and he has been ahead of schedule until the past couple of games.

There's no doubt that he's had to fill a much bigger role than he should have AND the learning curve for him is higher than most. If he were just getting a few minutes off the bench, playing defense and shooting jump shots, I'd think that most fans would be happy with his development. . . but instead he's playing far more minutes than he's ready for and he's struggling. But he's also getting more experience (against starters now nonetheless) and he'll have a chance to learn as he goes and really see and feel how it is to compete at this level.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him settle down, slow things down, get things figured out and finish strong (especially with a potentially weak part of the schedule coming up ahead.) I agree that he's not where I'd like him to be in terms of conditioning, strength or confidence. . . but these are all things that I think time and experience will help with. Plus, I think that Quin Snyder might be the best developmental coach in the NBA. Which is a good thing when your PG is "at least 2 years away" from being ready to start, but is being asked to do so anyway.