What's new

Which of these FA wings (at the price tag provided) should we pursue this summer?

Which FA wing do you want given the price tag listed?

• Wes--14M

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Tobias--14M

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Kawhi--14M

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Jeff Green--12M

• Middleton--11M

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Deng--10M

• Demarre--9.5M

• Danny Green--9M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gerald Green--9M

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Afflalo--8M

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

QuinSnydersHair

Pick and make your argument as to why. This is flawed obviously but I tried to estimate what I thought would be their average salaries, should they all be on the market. Whether you disagree with my figures or not isn't the point. That's a whole 'nother thread. For the price tag provided, who would you want?

Also, I left off guys like Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic because they'll likely get max money, something for which we don't have the cap flexibility. Maybe Wes or Tobias or Leonard do too. But I left them on here. NOTE: Keep Kawhi's figure in mind at 15.25M.

Wes Matthews--14M per--29 years old at start of next season
Luol Deng (PO)--8M per--30 at start
Khris Middleton (R)--11M per--24 at start
Demarre Carroll (R)--9.5M per--29 at start
Tobias Harris (R)--14M per--23 at start
Kawhi Leonard (R)--15.25M per--24 at start
Danny Green--9M per--28 at start
Jeff Green (PO)--9M per--29 at start
Gerald Green--9M per--29 at start
Aaron Afflalo (PO)--6M per--30 at start

Last edited:
Leonard..

He would bring an incredible cultural change and make every player on the team better.. Rather than simply one position.

Our team would have a massive defensive identity without completely compromising offense.

Exum
Hayward
Leonard
Favors
Gobert

Bench and draft picks.

Yeah, I should've put Kawhi at 15.25M in hindsight as well as Afflalo (6), Deng (8) and Jeff Green (9) too. Mods please change to those numbers in the poll. Thank you.

Last edited:
Carroll for me with Danny Green a close second. Simply put.. There are no #1 options on offense on this list so I'm going to go with the cheaper player that knows his role doing all the little things the Jazz need to win

If you can get Kwahi that is the no brainer. He will get the max. He is better than Jimmy butler and he is way more proven. There is absolutely no chance the spurs don't match... None.

The rest are good questions. At the prices listed i think Middleton is a good gamble. He may have another step or two... His defense also might regress. I think his offense and shooting are for real and I think he gives us some position flexibility... I think he's even played some small ball 4.

If Wes wanted to come back I'd be stoked. I worry that the end of his contract he'd be 32... Not sure how gracefully he'll age.

I love Gerald Green, but if you can get Kawhi for only $1M more than Wes, then you go get Kawhi and don't think twice.

Middleton is my choice.

**** tobias harris at that price.