What's new

Which of these FA wings (at the price tag provided) should we pursue this summer?

Which FA wing do you want given the price tag listed?

• Wes--14M

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Tobias--14M

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Kawhi--14M

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Jeff Green--12M

• Middleton--11M

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Deng--10M

• Demarre--9.5M

• Danny Green--9M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gerald Green--9M

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Afflalo--8M

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I seriously don't understand the crush for Middleton. Please explain this to me. I see him as no more value in him then 6-7 million a year. The way people talk about him leads me to believe no one here has seen him play that much. He just doesn't play with much fire and is often times seen doing a disappearing act. He's an ave. role player at best and I don't care what the numbers say, he's not that good of a defender.

I seriously don't understand the crush for Middleton. Please explain this to me. I see him as no more value in him then 6-7 million a year. The way people talk about him leads me to believe no one here has seen him play that much. He just doesn't play with much fire and is often times seen doing a disappearing act. He's an ave. role player at best and I don't care what the numbers say, he's not that good of a defender.
I have not seem him play much at all and know nothing about him. I have just gone off stats and what others have said about him

I have not seem him play much at all and know nothing about him. I have just gone off stats and what others have said about him

He's capable of outing up good numbers, but like CJ there are way too many games where he is no where to be seen. He's been very frustrating to have on my fantasy team, and has burned me a few times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be a much more interesting poll without Kawhi and Butler. They are obviously the two best options, but I'd say 90%+ that both of those guys are matched without thought.

It's the second tier of guys that we can realistically get. Only way KL is available is if Duncan and Ginobili both retired and they decided to full out rebuild.

This would be a much more interesting poll without Kawhi and Butler. They are obviously the two best options, but I'd say 90%+ that both of those guys are matched without thought.

It's the second tier of guys that we can realistically get. Only way KL is available is if Duncan and Ginobili both retired and they decided to full out rebuild.

This.

Either do a poll without both of them, or do a poll with just the 2 of them.

Harris is worth a look. He's the youngest player in the poll (23) and puts up good numbers (17 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 38% from 3).

I like Matthews, but we're not going to be contenders for a few years, by which time Matthews will be years past 30. I guess it depends on if you think his game will age well.

man danny green is pretty old... leonard sounds awesome

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Pick and make your argument as to why. This is flawed obviously but I tried to estimate what I thought would be their average salaries, should they all be on the market. Whether you disagree with my figures or not isn't the point. That's a whole 'nother thread. For the price tag provided, who would you want?

Also, I left off guys like Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic because they'll likely get max money, something for which we don't have the cap flexibility. Maybe Wes or Tobias or Leonard do too. But I left them on here. NOTE: Keep Kawhi's figure in mind at 15.25M.

Wes Matthews--14M per--29 years old at start of next season
Luol Deng (PO)--8M per--30 at start
Khris Middleton (R)--11M per--24 at start
Demarre Carroll (R)--9.5M per--29 at start
Tobias Harris (R)--14M per--23 at start
Kawhi Leonard (R)--15.25M per--24 at start
Danny Green--9M per--28 at start
Jeff Green (PO)--9M per--29 at start
Gerald Green--9M per--29 at start
Aaron Afflalo (PO)--6M per--30 at start

I think this thread is flawed simply because Leonard is gonna get max money too. Any team that wants him will know that the only way they can pry him away is to give him max money. Someone will give him the "Market Max." And the Spurs will match. Should have left him off along with Butler and Dragic.

Last edited:

Thee, allow me to strengthen our bromance and explain the love for Middleton. First, open up this link and look who is ranked #6 in the entire NBA: https://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM

Now open up this and look who has the 8th best defensive rating in the NBA: https://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM

Now open up this one and look at who has the 16th best wins above replacement rating in the NBA: https://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm

Also, let's keep in mind that he shoots above 42% from 3 and he has a very good true shooting % of .570.

Now if you have the same sentiments as Charles Barkley about analytics, you might want to reconsider.

#Bromance

Last edited:
Thee, allow me to strengthen our bromance and explain the love for Middleton. First, open up this link and look who is ranked #6 in the entire NBA: https://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM

Now open up this and look who has the 8th best defensive rating in the NBA: https://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM

Now open up this one and look at who has the 16th best wins above replacement rating in the NBA: https://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm

Also, let's keep in mind that he shoots above 42% from 3 and he has a very good true shooting % of .570.

Now if you have the same sentiments as Charles Barkley about analytics, you might want to reconsider.

#Bromance

I like Middeltons shooting. But watching him play he looks like the least athletic player in the NBA. He moves slow and is not engaged. You can provide stats and I think analytics a great when you combine them with the eye test. You can not just go off of stats. I would be okay with Middelton on this team but not for his defense I think a good shooter would be great. I do not think he is worth 11m. You can get other good shooters for less. Kanters stats say he has been a good defender the last month or so and he was not. He put slightly more effort in but was not a good or above average defender at his position. Stats can lie about a player. The eye test can lie about a player. Combine them and I think you get a better picture of the player.

Bucks run a decent team defense. It is a big priority for Kidd to have a good defense. Middleton is a weak link in that defense but good team defense hides it. He got benched this year for playing poor defense, even though the stats said he was playing good defense.

#Bromance

All I'm going to say to u is that unless u actually watch with ur eyes analytics don't do u a lick of good. I on the other hand have seen him play. Those numbers a are a product of the system he's in.

All I'm going to say to u is that unless u actually watch with ur eyes analytics don't do u a lick of good. I on the other hand have seen him play. Those numbers a are a product of the system he's in.

So whats the problem? He understands basketball is a team (system) game, knows where to be 100% of the time, and never misses a shot.

So whats the problem? He understands basketball is a team (system) game, knows where to be 100% of the time, and never misses a shot.

He consistently gets beat off the dribble and the team rotates to cover him. Our team could cover his deficiencies as well but that does not make him a good defender. Those looking at him as a 3 and D player are mistaken at his defense. He has poor lateral speed and a slow first step.

He consistently gets beat off the dribble and the team rotates to cover him. Our team could cover his deficiencies as well but that does not make him a good defender. Those looking at him as a 3 and D player are mistaken at his defense. He has poor lateral speed and a slow first step.

It seems inconceivable to me that a terrible defender would have such a high defensive rating. And why in the world don't some of the other Bucks players come out as well on the defensive end?

Also, who doesn't get beat off the dribble from time to time in this league? Marcus Smart? Maybe. Truth is, everyone gets beat off the dribble. I think Middleton has good length that helps. But I will be honest, I have only watched probably 6 Bucks games all year, so maybe I am missing something.

And based on tonight's game, it looks like Middleton played the most and had the best game for the Bucks. And you are telling me Middleton is looking good defensively because of the defensive prowess of Jabari Parker (Before he got injured), Jared Dudley, Erson, Jared Bayless, and that Fat a** O.J. Mayo??? Hard sell... Hard sell.

I really don't understand these numbers geeks that know nothing about a player don't listen to those that know his game. A big problem with Middleton is that he often seems like he doesn't care. Crime time to time he has a good game like CJ or Ostertag for some of u older fans. If u look at the amount of threes he takes u'll see he often doesn't care or just isn't motivated enough to get his offense or take shots within the offense. Also think his IQ is lacking.

Also see Marvin Williams. Williams showed good potential as well earlier in his career but didn't have the drive to be good this is Middleton in a nutshell