What's new

Which Rudy Gobert trades would you do?

Choose up to three (3) trade scenarios you would accept...

• Trade #1

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Trade #2

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Trade #3

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Trade #4

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Trade #5

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Trade #6

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
I just don't get it. Collins is a solid player who plays a position where they don't have that much talent. There's no guarantee the player they like will even be there at #7. And if money is the issue, then just trade Capela. Or waive Galinari.

Just weird to me that Atlanta, who is so poised for a long run with various young guys, would trade one as a salary dump for an unproven rookie.
Collins isn’t that good

With as much as Rudy has been linked to Atlanta, with Tony Jones even naming specific players, I'd guess it has to be them. Especially now that they're looking to extend Hunter.
I would tend to agree... Tony was wild in how much he asked for in that article. I think he took his cues from Ainge (not really but maybe he heard someone from the FO).

Brogdon still has 2 yr/$36M left and Capela has 3 yr/$52M left on their deals. Trae has 5 yr/$207M, Hurter has 4 yr/$65M, Collins has 4 yr/$103M and Hunter is going to be seeking a near max deal. Okongwu has 2 years left on a team friendly deal before he'll be due for an extension.
If Atlanta got rid of Capela with no contracts back, they could sign Hunter to $20+ a year and still avoid being a luxury team.

Trae $30ish
Collins $24ish
Hunter $20ish
Huerter $15ish
Bogdon $18 (only two more years)
Rookie deals and small contracts

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

If Atlanta got rid of Capela with no contracts back, they could sign Hunter to $20+ a year and still avoid being a luxury team.

Trae $30ish
Collins $24ish
Hunter $20ish
Huerter $15ish
Bogdon $18 (only two more years)
Rookie deals and small contracts

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Trae's deal is 40ish.

Don't think it'll be easy to move Capela without taking anything back only like 4-5 teams can do it.

Trae's deal is 40ish.

Don't think it'll be easy to move Capela without taking anything back only like 4-5 teams can do it.
Hunter's deal won't start hurting until 2023 so as long as Capela is sent out for an expiring, they would be fine.

It's okay. Atlanta seems destined for some changes

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app