What's new

Which Rudy Gobert trades would you do?

Choose up to three (3) trade scenarios you would accept...

• Trade #1

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Trade #2

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Trade #3

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Trade #4

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Trade #5

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Trade #6

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Which of the following trade scenarios would you consider for Rudy Gobert?
  • Trade #1: Jazz trade Gobert to Atlanta for Capela, Hunter, Huerter, #16
  • Trade #2: Jazz trade Gobert to Atlanta for Capela, Hunter, J.Johnson, #16
  • Trade #3: Jazz trade Gobert to Charlotte for Washington, Rozier, Plumlee, #13 & #15
  • Trade #4: Jazz trade Gobert to San Antonio for Poeltl, Richardson, Vassell, #9 & #20
  • Trade #5: Jazz trade Gobert to Washington for Kuzma, KCP, Kispert, Gafford, #10
  • Trade #6: Start with Trade #1 or Trade #3, then send Bogdanovic and #15 or 16 into Portland's TPE for #7.

Last edited:

Eminence

The SA one is the best value imo, but they seem least likely to offer for Gobert imo. I don't think any of the others are good enough value to get me interested, maybe if some of my favorite players fell to #13/#15.

Ferguson_Mellochill

FWIW, I think Dallas, Toronto, Golden State and Portland might all have interest in Gobert, but I don't see them having enough of the right assets to make it work for the Jazz.

Ferguson_Mellochill

no Cavs? aren't we trade partners with them?

It was a Christmas tradition for a while there, but they have Jarrett Allen and Evan Mobley. Jazz should trade Gobert to a team with a pick-and-roll guard that needs all the defensive help he can get.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
30 years old soon and 4/160M… he’s great but his value isn’t just his play.

Exactly. He also isn't nearly as valuable in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. I love Rudy to death, but traditional centers that can't shoot or create any kind of offense are becoming a thing of the past, particularly in the post-season. If we don't trade him now and he has a significant injury or his play starts to decline we're going to be stuck with him for the remainder of his contract, and that contract could end up being one of the worst in the entire league.

Last edited:

Ferguson_Mellochill

He also isn't nearly as valuable in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. I love Rudy to death, but traditional centers that can't shoot or create any kind of offense are becoming a thing of the past, particularly in the post-season. If we don't trade him now and he has a significant injury or his play starts to decline we're going to be stuck with him for the remainder of his contract, and that contract could end up being one of the worst in the entire league.

Yeah, but if you're a team like Charlotte or Portland, he might get you to the playoffs.

YoungJefe

Trade one fairly easily, I think that Hunter has star potential, I like Huerter as well, and Capela is decent.