What's new

Which Rudy Gobert trades would you do?

Choose up to three (3) trade scenarios you would accept...

• Trade #1

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Trade #2

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Trade #3

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Trade #4

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Trade #5

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Trade #6

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
PJ was a FRP and could likely net a pick if traded... 13 and 15 are FRPs

It all depends on what we are doing. I get the sense that we are keeping Donovan and Rudy from TJ... which might be the message they want out there. Locke has recently talked about not waiting a year too long and being a little more blow it up... in a subtle kind of way. He might just be setting us up for a Rudy trade and build around Donovan scenario with that talk. He makes it sound like Danny has never missed on a pick when there were good players still available and that he always keeps the right guys.

I still think Haywoodz is good when healthy but also share some hesitance to bring him back... he's an awkward guy and that an awkward situation. I think he can be routed to Indiana... maybe NY... maybe somewhere else.
Haywood situation is similar to that of Capela in Atlanta. Still starting at the moment but reduced minutes and roles indicate they could be moved either this summer or at some point next season. If Charlotte don't get Rudy, I can see them trying to package Haywood to Atlanta for Capela. Atlanta get more wing help and Charlotte gets a poor man version of Rudy who can protect the paint and lob threat to go along with Lamelo

Haywood situation is similar to that of Capela in Atlanta. Still starting at the moment but reduced minutes and roles indicate they could be moved either this summer or at some point next season. If Charlotte don't get Rudy, I can see them trying to package Haywood to Atlanta for Capela. Atlanta get more wing help and Charlotte gets a poor man version of Rudy who can protect the paint and lob threat to go along with Lamelo
I could see that type of trade happening.

I think it's probably like 80/20 that Rudy is still in a Jazz uniform next season. The front office will most likely keep both Rudy and Donovan and try to surround them with as many 3&D wings as possible.

Last edited:
I think Indiana is the place for Gordon... either Brogdon or Hield whoever they don't want. Malcolm is a bit of a malcontent and with Tyrese there the word is they will likely move him. He's good but his contract is long and he's not the defender some on this site think he is. He would fit with Donovan kind of but we want to make Don a pg and Malcolm views himself as a pg.

Hield is always interesting to me. He would make our defense worse but gives a flame thrower shooter and we avoid the Gordon awkwardness. Would save us some money and Indiana is below the cap.

Haliburton
Duarte
Hayward
Turner

Hield or Malcolm off the bench.

#6 could be Murray or Ivey or Sharpe...

Hayward is a solid fit there and a hometown boy which matters to the Pacers.
Indiana is no doubt the best spot for Hayward.

I think it's probably like 80/20 that Rudy is still in a Jazz uniform next season. The front office will most likely keep both Rudy and Donovan and try to surround them with as many 3&D wings as possible.
If we got these types of deals for Rudy I think we move him... I think they did some poking around and found his value may not be THIS high. So now we try the pivot with Mike, Bogey, Royce, JC...

Our goals will be:

1- Get out of the tax.
2- Improve perimeter defense.
3- Get out of the tax.

Good luck.

If we got these types of deals for Rudy I think we move him... I think they did some poking around and found his value may not be THIS high. So now we try the pivot with Mike, Bogey, Royce, JC...

Our goals will be:

1- Get out of the tax.
2- Improve perimeter defense.
3- Get out of the tax.

Good luck.

I like the idea of moving Rudy for a haul with some picks, then taking one of those picks and packaging it with Bogey to trade with Portland for their #7 pick. Portland could take Bogey into their TPE from the McCollum trade.

Bogey + #15 could possibly get #7. Move up, get value for Bogey, and don't take back salary. Portland gets an elite shooter and only moves back 8 spots.

I like the idea of moving Rudy for a haul with some picks, then taking one of those picks and packaging it with Bogey to trade with Portland for their #7 pick. Portland could take Bogey into their TPE from the McCollum trade.

Bogey + #15 could possibly get #7. Move up, get value for Bogey, and don't take back salary. Portland gets an elite shooter and only moves back 8 spots.

The problem is Rudy may not bring back the haul that some people think he will.

Can we get a team of 3D wings to complement Rudy and Don? If not then blow it up. Trade Rudy and Don where they can succeed and be happy. I don't want to torture our players. If they feel there is no long term success possible then it is time to move on.

Any haul we get now is better than the assets we will have to send out to rid us of his contract in a couple years.

We aren't contenders.
Rudy's value is at its highest.
Sell high.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
What if the best offer is Capela and Collins for Gobert and Gay... no picks, no extra players, and no " I will make someone else eat Capela's deal". This assumes we have fully scanned the market and it is just a straight swap... yes or no?

Here's another idea:

Jazz trade: Gobert
Jazz receive: Capela, Hunter, #16

Hawks trade: Capela, Hunter, Collins, #16
Hawks receive: Gobert, Grant

Pistons trade: Grant
Pistons receive: Collins

Can we get a team of 3D wings to complement Rudy and Don? If not then blow it up. Trade Rudy and Don where they can succeed and be happy. I don't want to torture our players. If they feel there is no long term success possible then it is time to move on.

Surrounding Rudy and Don with 3&D wings will definitely be the goal. It will be interesting to see if they're able to accomplish that or not...it's going to be a very tall order with our limited assets.

Surrounding Rudy and Don with 3&D wings will definitely be the goal. It will be interesting to see if they're able to accomplish that or not...it's going to be a very tall order with our limited assets.
Can likely trade for one... may be able to find a lesser known guy or get one of the Martin twins to take the BAE? Strike gold with an undrafted rookie? It's gonna be tough.. and then once you sold off Bogey or Conley or both are you the offensive juggernaut anymore?

Can likely trade for one... may be able to find a lesser known guy or get one of the Martin twins to take the BAE? Strike gold with an undrafted rookie? It's gonna be tough.. and then once you sold off Bogey or Conley or both are you the offensive juggernaut anymore?

We're going to have to give up some offense for sure...I just hope we can find a good balance of offense/defense. When we re-tooled in 2019, we overcorrected and gave up too much defense to add offense...hopefully we learned from our mistake and don't give up too much offense now to add defense. Then again, having the leagues number 1 regular season offense proved worthless this season because once we got to the playoffs we couldn't make shots.

We're going to have to give up some offense for sure...I just hope we can find a good balance of offense/defense. When we re-tooled in 2019, we overcorrected and gave up too much defense to add offense...hopefully we learned from our mistake and don't give up too much offense now to add defense. Then again, having the leagues number 1 regular season offense proved worthless this season because once we got to the playoffs we couldn't make shots.
Whatever additions we make on defense will also be fruitless if Donovan doesn’t pick it up on that end.

I just don’t understand why this team didn’t go balls-to-the-wall with glue guys and 3&D wings to begin with. If they just swapped Rubio and Favors with dudes of that mold then I don’t think the Jazz are any worse than the teams of the last three years.

But they decided to dump their assets into aging or otherwise physically limited offensive players and cliffed themselves out. I kinda get why they did what they did but I was always uneasy with the strategy because it felt like burning all of their capital for a very small window at best.

More damning is that even beyond going all-in with Conley and Bojan, they just have demonstrated shockingly little priority in finding these types of wings (they have used exactly 0 1st round picks since drafting Mitchell). That is inexcusable and I cannot for the life of me understand it.

Glad we burned through even our 2nds to prop up this flawed, short-lived build.

Last edited: