What's new

Which Rudy Gobert trades would you do?

Choose up to three (3) trade scenarios you would accept...

• Trade #1

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Trade #2

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Trade #3

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Trade #4

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Trade #5

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Trade #6

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
Which of the following trade scenarios would you consider for Rudy Gobert?
  • Trade #1: Jazz trade Gobert to Atlanta for Capela, Hunter, Huerter, #16
  • Trade #2: Jazz trade Gobert to Atlanta for Capela, Hunter, J.Johnson, #16
  • Trade #3: Jazz trade Gobert to Charlotte for Washington, Rozier, Plumlee, #13 & #15
  • Trade #4: Jazz trade Gobert to San Antonio for Poeltl, Richardson, Vassell, #9 & #20
  • Trade #5: Jazz trade Gobert to Washington for Kuzma, KCP, Kispert, Gafford, #10
  • Trade #6: Start with Trade #1 or Trade #3, then send Bogdanovic and #15 or 16 into Portland's TPE for #7.
I think Atlanta is the most ideal fit for both teams, but I'm targeting Collins and Hunter.

Collins is signed long term, long, athletic, dynamic and still has potential.

Hunter has had some injury issues, but he seems like the full package at SF. He's eligible for an extension soon and Atlanta might hesitate.

Atlanta would want to unload Capela too, so I might add Conley or even Bojan to get the deal done. But mainly, I target Collins and Hunter.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Rudy for Barnes, Anunoby and a pick.

Raptors can march out Van Vleet, Trent, no ****ing clue, Siakam and Gobert which is a really good four of five.

I don't see us chasing picks this much. If they do their likely to flip them with an asset to another team for a player. I think it's likely it will be 3 team deals.
Exactly. I don't think we are trading Rudy AND Don so going after top 10 picks doesn't maximize our team around either player. If we do get our hands on a solid pick from one of our deals, I could see us using draft assets to target guys like:

Jerami Grant
Brogdon
Lonzo
Kuzma
Barnes
PJ Washington
Randle

Say you do the Charlotte deal for Rudy… I think there is an opportunity for teams to trade down in this draft (the billichek). I could see us flipping 13 for like 17 and Tate from Houston. He’s wasted on a tank team and is close to getting paid… not as young as their other core pieces… they might be able to do better, but I can’t see his value as crazy high since he’s never been in a good team.

I can see Sacramento trading back to 6 with the Pacers and getting like the 31st pick and the Cavs pick they own.

I can see OKC making a big offer to trade up from 12 to 7… using Dort/Williams and like at least one other future first. Then Portland can flip 12 for Grant… they end up with Dort/Williams/Grant/Hart on the wings around Dame, Simons, and Nurkic.

Are we trading Donovan too? Need some more context.

If the idea is compete now around Donovan, I'd do the Washington trade, just because it gives you the most ready to play pieces and a high pick.

Gafford is really underrated. He fits what Utah likes to do offensively with their bigs. He can be Utah's Dwight Powell.

Kuzma makes for a good 6th man or you can move Bogey.

KCP is a one of the better win now role players here. He can start next to Mitchell if you trade Conley, or be a solid player off the bench.

Kispert has potential. I dont know how his defense is, but he's tall and can shoot. He had a strong 2nd half of the season and should be ready to be a solid role player on a playoff team.

Then with the 10th pick I would try to take Sochan.

They all look like garbage to me. I want more, better picks. Dont care about players coming back too much. I guess salaries probably have to match though

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

These trades are ridiculous though.

Gobert isnt getting you back 4 rotation players (with many of them being starter quality and/or young) and a lottery pick.
While I know Lopo didn't put these together... the biggest gap in the world is the gap between what Lopo think Rudy is worth on the court for us and what he is worth in a trade.

Orlando fleeced Chicago on Vucevic... so it can happen but Rudy's contract is such a big deterrent. The best potential trades:

- Atlanta around Collins Capela and 16 (you won't get much more)
- Charlotte around PJ Washington (super under-rated... I prefer him to Hunter who everyone thinks is amazing), 13, 15 and Hayward (who can go to a third team).
- Toronto around Pascal or Trent/OG... I'm guessing they are trying to sell us on OG/Birch and salary filler... Masai really doesn't get fleeced.
- Maybe Sacramento but I think they view Sabonis as a 5 and it would be such a bad fit with their shooting issues.

If you trade him to one of the western conference powers you may as well move Donovan too. He will hate seeing that team as the consensus title favorite. Those trades also seem to lack win now guys and are draft pick heavy.

They should blow this thing up... when you realize that Danny traded Pierce and KG for Tatum, Brown, Irving... when you realize that Cleveland got Irving by trading for an unprotected pick, AD ended up in NO because they got an unprotected pick... you start to understand the value in trading for unprotected picks and why no one was offering them up until the last few years when everyone forgot. Add in flatter lotto odds and its an even better proposition. Trade all that we have for unprotected picks and collect all your dividends in a few years while grabbing a few high lotto picks. Presti says building teams isn't chess its poker.. you have to play the best hand you are dealt... but if can get a few extra hands the numbers really start to work in your favor.

While I know Lopo didn't put these together... the biggest gap in the world is the gap between what Lopo think Rudy is worth on the court for us and what he is worth in a trade.

Orlando fleeced Chicago on Vucevic... so it can happen but Rudy's contract is such a big deterrent. The best potential trades:

- Atlanta around Collins Capela and 16 (you won't get much more)
- Charlotte around PJ Washington (super under-rated... I prefer him to Hunter who everyone thinks is amazing), 13, 15 and Hayward (who can go to a third team).
- Toronto around Pascal or Trent/OG... I'm guessing they are trying to sell us on OG/Birch and salary filler... Masai really doesn't get fleeced.
- Maybe Sacramento but I think they view Sabonis as a 5 and it would be such a bad fit with their shooting issues.

If you trade him to one of the western conference powers you may as well move Donovan too. He will hate seeing that team as the consensus title favorite. Those trades also seem to lack win now guys and are draft pick heavy.

They should blow this thing up... when you realize that Danny traded Pierce and KG for Tatum, Brown, Irving... when you realize that Cleveland got Irving by trading for an unprotected pick, AD ended up in NO because they got an unprotected pick... you start to understand the value in trading for unprotected picks and why no one was offering them up until the last few years when everyone forgot. Add in flatter lotto odds and its an even better proposition. Trade all that we have for unprotected picks and collect all your dividends in a few years while grabbing a few high lotto picks. Presti says building teams isn't chess its poker.. you have to play the best hand you are dealt... but if can get a few extra hands the numbers really start to work in your favor.

I’m crossing my fingers the Jazz get an offer for each of Mitchell and Gobert that they just can’t refuse and pull the trigger. Mitchell has one foot out the door already and I think the Jazz are better off rebuilding completely rather than trying to build around Gobert. Wonder if OKC would trade Giddy and package for Mitchell.

I agree that a lot of our theoretical trade ideas on here are a bit far fetched. Would love the Charlotte deal cause I like Pj over Hunter and don’t think you get a trade done with Atlanta without taking back Capela for Rudy. Thoughts on what could be got in return from a third team for Gordon if we made that trade?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I’m crossing my fingers the Jazz get an offer for each of Mitchell and Gobert that they just can’t refuse and pull the trigger. Mitchell has one foot out the door already and I think the Jazz are better off rebuilding completely rather than trying to build around Gobert. Wonder if OKC would trade Giddy and package for Mitchell.

I agree that a lot of our theoretical trade ideas on here are a bit far fetched. Would love the Charlotte deal cause I like Pj over Hunter and don’t think you get a trade done with Atlanta without taking back Capela for Rudy. Thoughts on what could be got in return from a third team for Gordon if we made that trade?

Saw an article suggesting Hayward and PJ for Ben Simmons. I know he isn’t well liked here and he may be spoiled fruit TBH but if we could send Hayward to the Nets with Royce and get Simmons while retaining PJ and the 2 picks all while bringing us almost below the luxury line saving about 6 mil. If The Simmons gamble worked out it would be a major haul for Gobert. If not you still get a couple picks and PJ.

I’d do all of them. The team as presently constituted is boring me. This is entertainment, and barring a very shaken up roster, I honestly have minimal interest in the upcoming season and likely won’t renew my league pass or VPN. I hardly used it after the All-Star break this year.

Plenty of other entertainment options when the Jazz insist on being a boring treadmill team.

I honestly don’t care if we’re better or significantly worse, I just want the team to be different. I’m BORED of the Don/Rudy build.

Are we trading Donovan too? Need some more context.

If the idea is compete now around Donovan, I'd do the Washington trade, just because it gives you the most ready to play pieces and a high pick.

Gafford is really underrated. He fits what Utah likes to do offensively with their bigs. He can be Utah's Dwight Powell.

Kuzma makes for a good 6th man or you can move Bogey.

KCP is a one of the better win now role players here. He can start next to Mitchell if you trade Conley, or be a solid player off the bench.

Kispert has potential. I dont know how his defense is, but he's tall and can shoot. He had a strong 2nd half of the season and should be ready to be a solid role player on a playoff team.

Then with the 10th pick I would try to take Sochan.

If it were up to me, I'd consider moving Donovan, yes. The problem is that the Jazz need to do a solid rebuild, and Donovan's personal timeline and desire to leave eventually could limit the Jazz to only 2 years to do it. Donovan should be able to net a top-5 pick in either this draft or next year's draft. In the case of this draft, there are two young guards in Ivey and Sharpe that should be available, and there's a team in the top-5 (Kings) who are in a damn hurry to win this year and make the playoffs. So this year might present a better opportunity than next year.

The Jazz don't have young talent between the ages of 23 and 28 developing alongside Donovan. Like none. It's possible we can trade all of our 30-somethings and build around Donovan, but they won't likely be star-level players.

Some of the assets the Jazz would acquire in a trade like this could be used in future deals as well. They don't need to be long-term fixtures.

Take the 3rd deal and run. But I doubt we get both Washington and rozier with Rudy. Plus adding Rozier means we have to move at least one of DM/Conley or both

I usually geek out around draft season, so my bias is to bring in fresh players who look good in the draft. If the Jazz traded both Mitchell and Gobert, along with Conley and Bogdanovic, they could walk out of the draft with a high-level guard (Ivey/Sharpe), a prototypical athletic wing (Eason/Mathurin), and a stud young big (Duren/Williams). They'd all be aligned in terms of age and development, and they'd all be under team control for the next 7 years. It would be equivalent to Boston having Tatum and Brown together to build with.

I think Indiana is the place for Gordon... either Brogdon or Hield whoever they don't want. Malcolm is a bit of a malcontent and with Tyrese there the word is they will likely move him. He's good but his contract is long and he's not the defender some on this site think he is. He would fit with Donovan kind of but we want to make Don a pg and Malcolm views himself as a pg.

Hield is always interesting to me. He would make our defense worse but gives a flame thrower shooter and we avoid the Gordon awkwardness. Would save us some money and Indiana is below the cap.

Haliburton
Duarte
Hayward
Turner

Hield or Malcolm off the bench.

#6 could be Murray or Ivey or Sharpe...

Hayward is a solid fit there and a hometown boy which matters to the Pacers.

Take the 3rd deal and run. But I doubt we get both Washington and rozier with Rudy. Plus adding Rozier means we have to move at least one of DM/Conley or both
Rozier is really good and a great fit with Ball. If there is a deal with Charlotte I can pretty much guarantee Hayward is involved.

Rozier is really good and a great fit with Ball. If there is a deal with Charlotte I can pretty much guarantee Hayward is involved.
Both Balls are good fit for any guards due to their size and versatility. If we are taking Haywood we need at least 3 FRPs from them

Both Balls are good fit for any guards due to their size and versatility. If we are taking Haywood we need at least 3 FRPs from them
PJ was a FRP and could likely net a pick if traded... 13 and 15 are FRPs

It all depends on what we are doing. I get the sense that we are keeping Donovan and Rudy from TJ... which might be the message they want out there. Locke has recently talked about not waiting a year too long and being a little more blow it up... in a subtle kind of way. He might just be setting us up for a Rudy trade and build around Donovan scenario with that talk. He makes it sound like Danny has never missed on a pick when there were good players still available and that he always keeps the right guys.

I still think Haywoodz is good when healthy but also share some hesitance to bring him back... he's an awkward guy and that an awkward situation. I think he can be routed to Indiana... maybe NY... maybe somewhere else.