What's new

Which Rudy Gobert trades would you do?

Choose up to three (3) trade scenarios you would accept...

• Trade #1

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Trade #2

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Trade #3

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Trade #4

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Trade #5

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Trade #6

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Which of the following trade scenarios would you consider for Rudy Gobert?
  • Trade #1: Jazz trade Gobert to Atlanta for Capela, Hunter, Huerter, #16
  • Trade #2: Jazz trade Gobert to Atlanta for Capela, Hunter, J.Johnson, #16
  • Trade #3: Jazz trade Gobert to Charlotte for Washington, Rozier, Plumlee, #13 & #15
  • Trade #4: Jazz trade Gobert to San Antonio for Poeltl, Richardson, Vassell, #9 & #20
  • Trade #5: Jazz trade Gobert to Washington for Kuzma, KCP, Kispert, Gafford, #10
  • Trade #6: Start with Trade #1 or Trade #3, then send Bogdanovic and #15 or 16 into Portland's TPE for #7.

Last edited:
The SA one is the best value imo, but they seem least likely to offer for Gobert imo. I don't think any of the others are good enough value to get me interested, maybe if some of my favorite players fell to #13/#15.

FWIW, I think Dallas, Toronto, Golden State and Portland might all have interest in Gobert, but I don't see them having enough of the right assets to make it work for the Jazz.

no Cavs? aren't we trade partners with them?

It was a Christmas tradition for a while there, but they have Jarrett Allen and Evan Mobley. Jazz should trade Gobert to a team with a pick-and-roll guard that needs all the defensive help he can get.

30 years old soon and 4/160M… he’s great but his value isn’t just his play.

Exactly. He also isn't nearly as valuable in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. I love Rudy to death, but traditional centers that can't shoot or create any kind of offense are becoming a thing of the past, particularly in the post-season. If we don't trade him now and he has a significant injury or his play starts to decline we're going to be stuck with him for the remainder of his contract, and that contract could end up being one of the worst in the entire league.

Last edited:
He also isn't nearly as valuable in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. I love Rudy to death, but traditional centers that can't shoot or create any kind of offense are becoming a thing of the past, particularly in the post-season. If we don't trade him now and he has a significant injury or his play starts to decline we're going to be stuck with him for the remainder of his contract, and that contract could end up being one of the worst in the entire league.

Yeah, but if you're a team like Charlotte or Portland, he might get you to the playoffs.

Trade one fairly easily, I think that Hunter has star potential, I like Huerter as well, and Capela is decent.

I could see a big deal being done with Atlanta, but they might ask the Jazz to include another player, whether that's Royce O'Neale or Jordan Clarkson. I could also see the Jazz being asked to give more in the San Antonio scenario.

One possibility we haven’t kicked around a ton is the Pacers. They are very anti tank… I could see them considering something around Turner and 6… add in either Brogdon or Hield (whichever guy the most want to move). Or just doing Turner and 6 for Rudy since they are under the cap. I think it’s short sighted from their part but at 6 they could do a lot worse.

One possibility we haven’t kicked around a ton is the Pacers. They are very anti tank… I could see them considering something around Turner and 6… add in either Brogdon or Hield (whichever guy the most want to move). Or just doing Turner and 6 for Rudy since they are under the cap. I think it’s short sighted from their part but at 6 they could do a lot worse.

Turner has 1 year on his deal. Could be a rental. That's why I think his market is going to be soft. Brogdon has some injury concerns. I think the Pacers are going to be psyched to draft Murray.

Turner has 1 year on his deal. Could be a rental. That's why I think his market is going to be soft. Brogdon has some injury concerns. I think the Pacers are going to be psyched to draft Murray.
I’m fine with rentals because I think we rebuild next year… I can also see them loving Murray…seems like a very pacers pick.

I just added a Trade #6, where we take one of the ATL or CHA trades, then move Deandre Hunter or Bogdanovic and #15 or 16 in a separate deal to Portland for #7.

So a three-team scenario would look like this ---

Jazz trade: Gobert, Bogdanovic
Jazz receive: Capela, Hunter, Huerter, #7

Hawks trade: Capela, Hunter, Huerter, #16
Hawks receive: Gobert

Blazers trade: #7
Blazers receive: Bogdanovic (TPE), #16

Jazz unload Bogey's salary and use it to move up into the lottery where they can select Tari Eason.

The Charlotte version of this deal would be ---

Jazz trade: Gobert, Bogdanovic
Jazz receive: Washington, Rozier, Plumlee, #7, #13

Hornets trade: Washington, Rozier, Plumlee, #13 & #15
Hornets receive: Gobert

Blazers trade: #7
Blazers receive: Bogdanovic (TPE), #15

Last edited:
Toronto's another team that supposedly has interest in Rudy. They have a lot of players that I'd be interested in... Rudy for Siakam straight up would be interesting, or if we could get two of Ananuboy, Trent Jr. or VanVleet.

Toronto's another team that supposedly has interest in Rudy. They have a lot of players that I'd be interested in... Rudy for Siakam straight up would be interesting, or if we could get two of Ananuboy, Trent Jr. or VanVleet.
They are a solid trade partner. I am sure we won't but I would prefer to trade Mitchell to them. Get Trent Jr and Ananuboy and whoever else. Surround Gobert with solid defenders. Even better if we could trade anything else on our roster for a couple if these guys and keep both Gobert and Mitchell. But that's not going to happen. They have a ton of players that we need.