What's new

Which Rudy Gobert trades would you do?

Choose up to three (3) trade scenarios you would accept...

• Trade #1

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Trade #2

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Trade #3

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Trade #4

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Trade #5

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Trade #6

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
Utah gets Collins, Hunter and Plumlee

Hawks get Rudy Gobert, Rudy Gay and #13

Hornets get Capela

Jazz get two young talented players and a makeshift center.
Hawks get their franchise center, cap savings and a lottery pick.
Hornets get their center without having to sacrifice any of their core.View attachment 12157

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Rumor is Hunter is one of two guys Atlanta won't deal, along with Ice Trae.

Rumor is Hunter is one of two guys Atlanta won't deal, along with Ice Trae.
Yep. Can't tell if it's the truth or smokescreens trying to get Utah to lessen the Rudy requirements.

I think it's more than just a coincidence that both Atlanta and Utah are leaking their plans and intentions today.

Yep. Can't tell if it's the truth or smokescreens trying to get Utah to lessen the Rudy requirements.

I think it's more than just a coincidence that both Atlanta and Utah are leaking their plans and intentions today.
Looks like they're in discussions with Portland about a Collins for #7 deal.

Looks like they're in discussions with Portland about a Collins for #7 deal.
I don't understand why Atlanta does that. They have a good base right now. They just need another great player and a few young guys to step up. Getting another top 10 pick just seems like an odd decision.

I don't understand why Atlanta does that. They have a good base right now. They just need another great player and a few young guys to step up. Getting another top 10 pick just seems like an odd decision.
Apparently they want Dyson Daniels who projects as a plus defender on the perimeter and a good secondary playmaker.

They were a play in team that got destroyed in the 1st round last year and with Trae Young's extension kicking in next season they're going to be in the luxury tax. Not to mention if they want to keep DeAndre Hunter he's also due for an extension.

Moving Collins frees up significant cap space for them going forward.

Apparently they want Dyson Daniels who projects as a plus defender on the perimeter and a good secondary playmaker.

They were a play in team that got destroyed in the 1st round last year and with Trae Young's extension kicking in next season they're going to be in the luxury tax. Not to mention if they want to keep DeAndre Hunter he's also due for an extension.

Moving Collins frees up significant cap space for them going forward.
I just don't get it. Collins is a solid player who plays a position where they don't have that much talent. There's no guarantee the player they like will even be there at #7. And if money is the issue, then just trade Capela. Or waive Galinari.

Just weird to me that Atlanta, who is so poised for a long run with various young guys, would trade one as a salary dump for an unproven rookie.

I just don't get it. Collins is a solid player who plays a position where they don't have that much talent. There's no guarantee the player they like will even be there at #7. And if money is the issue, then just trade Capela. Or waive Galinari.

Just weird to me that Atlanta, who is so poised for a long run with various young guys, would trade one as a salary dump for an unproven rookie.
Collins has had injury issues while regressing over the last two seasons.

Collins has had injury issues while regressing over the last two seasons.
He's still played 116 regular season games and every playoff game. He's a proven commodity averaging 17ppg and 7.5rpg the last two years.

I'd completely understand this move for a team looking to rebuild, but Atlanta should be looking to fortify.

Maybe they get #7 and turn it into Jerami Grant. If they just trade Collins for #7, that's just baffling for me.

He's still played 116 regular season games and every playoff game. He's a proven commodity averaging 17ppg and 7.5rpg the last two years.

I'd completely understand this move for a team looking to rebuild, but Atlanta should be looking to fortify.

Maybe they get #7 and turn it into Jerami Grant. If they just trade Collins for #7, that's just baffling for me.

I get where you're coming from but they've invested big deals into Trae, Huerter, and Collins as young core guys. Plus big, short term deals into Gallo, Capela, and Bogdanovic with DeAndre Hunter due for a big extension too. If Hunter gets something like 4 yr/$100M, they'd have like $105M per year over the next 4-5 years invested into Trae/Huerter/Collins/Hunter.

That's a ton of money and limits their roster flexibility which is a risk for the 9th seed in the East and one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA.

I get where you're coming from but they've invested big deals into Trae, Huerter, and Collins as young core guys. Plus big, short term deals into Gallo, Capela, and Bogdanovic with DeAndre Hunter due for a big extension too. If Hunter gets something like 4 yr/$100M, they'd have like $105M per year over the next 4-5 years invested into Trae/Huerter/Collins/Hunter.

That's a ton of money and limits their roster flexibility which is a risk for the 9th seed in the East and one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA.
Capela is the issue financially. If they can trade him for an expiring, they are clear. Bogdon is an expiring the next year.

If Okongwu develops, they have a strong starting C for a while. Or at least what Capela provides.

Capela's extension was just a really bad deal for them.

I honestly would rather deal with Toronto anyway. Not sure what you would need to add with Gobert but I would be keen on seeing OG, Trent Jr, and Precious in Jazz unis. I think those 3 with Don could be the start of a retool. I like Precious size at the C. I don’t watch enough of the other 29 so I’m probably wrong but he seems to be built similar to Robert Williams III

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Tim MacMahon said on Checketts show that the Jazz are showing a willingness to trade Rudy, but only at a very high price. Said he's heard one of the teams they're talking to offered two young guys that are early in their second contracts and would step right in and be quality starters, and it was a complete nonstarter of a conversation for the Jazz.

Tim MacMahon said on Checketts show that the Jazz are showing a willingness to trade Rudy, but only at a very high price. Said he's heard one of the teams they're talking to offered two young guys that are early in their second contracts and would step right in and be quality starters, and it was a complete nonstarter of a conversation for the Jazz.
That could describe both the Raps deal and the Hawks deal. OG/Trent and JC/Huerter is my guess. Interesting.

That could describe both the Raps deal and the Hawks deal. OG/Trent and JC/Huerter is my guess. Interesting.
With as much as Rudy has been linked to Atlanta, with Tony Jones even naming specific players, I'd guess it has to be them. Especially now that they're looking to extend Hunter.

Capela is the issue financially. If they can trade him for an expiring, they are clear. Bogdon is an expiring the next year.

If Okongwu develops, they have a strong starting C for a while. Or at least what Capela provides.

Capela's extension was just a really bad deal for them.

Brogdon still has 2 yr/$36M left and Capela has 3 yr/$52M left on their deals. Trae has 5 yr/$207M, Hurter has 4 yr/$65M, Collins has 4 yr/$103M and Hunter is going to be seeking a near max deal. Okongwu has 2 years left on a team friendly deal before he'll be due for an extension.

How much longer will Rudy be "in his prime" though.1 year, 2 years? No saying I want to trade Rudy, just trying to be real.
The longer we hold him the more difficult it will become to trade him as his cap number gets bigger every year.