What's new

Which Rudy Gobert trades would you do?

Choose up to three (3) trade scenarios you would accept...

• Trade #1

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Trade #2

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Trade #3

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Trade #4

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Trade #5

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Trade #6

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
I would just pick at 13 and 15… not looking to do deals to get stuff to use to move up. That’s a lot of work… and I’m not overwhelmed with what is there at 7 vs 15

I have a feeling the front office would look to flip the picks for win-now veterans. I would rather just keep the picks...I think there's going to be some talented players still on the board in the middle of the first round this year.

I have a feeling the front office would look to flip the picks for win-now veterans. I would rather just keep the picks...I think there's going to be some talented players still on the board in the middle of the first round this year.

I think the Jazz will do both -- look to use picks and trade for players. Right now, their timeline is messed up and several of the 30-somethings could be on the move.

Its just too much. They won't do it.

If they want to sub in Rozier and Plumlee for Hayward I would do a Rudy for Rozier, Plumlee, McDaniels (he's good and cheap), 13, and 15. I thought they valued Rozier a little more though. His contract is fair but so long that it could age poorly if he has any injury issues.
I agree. It’s just where I’d start if and when they call. That’s where hopefully the Ainge factor kicks in with regard to negotiation tactics and added pieces can be arranged to make it work.
Our previous GMs seemed to set us/themselves up at a disadvantage or didn’t negotiate tactically from the get go either by leaking their interests in certain players like Conley. Locke pointed out this week purposely choosing not to have control of a player like with Hayward or keeping players too long when they have value or give any sign of leaving like with Milsap, Jefferson, Exum (in my opinion), Hayward, even Kanter when it was rumored OKC offered Harden are things Ainge is good at evaluating. But who knows, I wasn’t there when our previous GMs made decisions so who knows.

Another version ---

Jazz trade: Gobert
Jazz receive: P.J. Washington, Bledsoe, #7, #13

Blazers trade: Bledsoe, #7, loose ends
Blazers receive: Hayward, #15

Hornets trade: Hayward, Washington, #13, #15
Hornets receive: Gobert

Blazers might agree to this, especially if Keegan Murray is off the board at #7. If Keegan is available at #7, Jazz might have to revert to another deal with the Hornets.
Blazers get a solid vet, get off of Bledsoe and stay in the mid-1st round. They could then offer the #15 pick as part of a package for Jerami Grant if they want.
Hornets get Gobert, get off of Hayward and only give up Washington and their picks. Jazz could ask for an additional future 1st, but not sure if they'd get it.
Jazz would target Daniels at #7 (I'm worried about the Pels taking him at #8), and then Dieng, Eason, Duren or Williams at #13.

Jazz would then have a young foundation developing for when the trade Mitchell next offseason.

Last edited:
Another version ---

Blazers might agree to this, especially if Keegan Murray is off the board at #7. If Keegan is available at #7, Jazz might have to revert to another deal with the Hornets.
Blazers get a solid vet, get off of Bledsoe and stay in the mid-1st round. They could then offer the #15 pick as part of a package for Jerami Grant if they want.
Hornets get Gobert, get off of Hayward and only give up Washington and their picks. Jazz could ask for an additional future 1st, but not sure if they'd get it.
Jazz would target Daniels at #7 (I'm worried about the Pels taking him at #8), and then Dieng, Eason, Duren or Williams at #13.
Do a thread like this for Donovan. You have an objective way about you.

Do a thread like this for Donovan. You have an objective way about you.

It's sounding like the Jazz are adamant that they're keeping Mitchell. Who knows if that's just noise. If it were me though, I'd want to deal with the Kings for #4, plus 3 additional 1sts, two of which would need to be only lightly protected, and at least one of those would be in 3 years when we think Mitchell will decline his player option. I believe in Jaden Ivey as a high-level franchise guard, and I might get talked into Shaedon Sharpe being a future star as well.

Kings might agree to it because it looks like a home-run trade for them, they're in a hurry to make the playoffs, and they have to convince Sabonis to sign an extension a year or so from now.

If the Jazz traded both Gobert and Mitchell and ended up with Ivey, Daniels and Duren/Eason, they'd be well set up going future. Then they'd add a high pick in next year's draft, plus whatever they get for guys like Conley, Clarkson and Bojan. Jazz would be flushing out everyone 30+ years old and resetting their timeline for the next 7 years. Then three years from now, they'd add another lottery pick courtesy of the Kings.

Last edited:
It's sounding like the Jazz are adamant that they're keeping Mitchell. Who knows if that's just noise. If it were me though, I'd want to deal with the Kings for #4, plus 3 additional 1sts, two of which would need to be only lightly protected, and at least one of those would be in 3 years when we think Mitchell will decline his player option. I believe in Jaden Ivey as a high-level franchise guard, and I might get talked into Shaedon Sharpe being a future star as well.

Kings might agree to it because it looks like a home-run trade for them, they're in a hurry to make the playoffs, and they have to convince Sabonis to sign an extension a year or so from now.

If the Jazz traded both Gobert and Mitchell and ended up with Ivey, Daniels and Duren/Eason, they'd be well set up going future. Then they'd add a high pick in next year's draft, plus whatever they get for guys like Conley, Clarkson and Bojan. Jazz would be flushing out everyone 30+ years old and resetting their timeline for the next 7 years. Then three years from now, they'd add another lottery pick courtesy of the Kings.

Ive seen rumors of Gobert for Pascal straight up a few times…just saw one suggesting pascal to Sac Town for the #4/Barnes/Holiday
I replaced Pascal and tried it and it works. This would be a good trade for the jazz.

I would then trade Mitchell but eh ya know that’s just how I feel about that little rascal.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

If we are trading Gobert, IMO we should be trading Mitchell too because I don't trust he will be here long enough to allow us to regroup and reset around him. And that's the reason I would try to seek the package that gives us most long-term value, rather than win-now pieces. So I guess in this scenario I would be leaning towards picking packages that contain picks and young players that might be long-term pieces for us - the Charlotte and San Antonio packages seem good on that front. Trying to trade up using some of our aging players would be the next step. Maybe use some of those older players we acquire from the trade to move up or send out for future picks, too...

If we are trading Gobert, IMO we should be trading Mitchell too because I don't trust he will be here long enough to allow us to regroup and reset around him. And that's the reason I would try to seek the package that gives us most long-term value, rather than win-now pieces. So I guess in this scenario I would be leaning towards picking packages that contain picks and young players that might be long-term pieces for us - the Charlotte and San Antonio packages seem good on that front. Trying to trade up using some of our aging players would be the next step. Maybe use some of those older players we acquire from the trade to move up or send out for future picks, too...

Mitchell to OKC/ORL/HOU for their ‘22 pick and a young player/filler.

Last edited:
Another version ---

Jazz would then have a young foundation developing for when the trade Mitchell next offseason.
Portland won’t do that. Hayward is not positive value on his deal. They’d need more than loose ends.

I think the best way to get in the 4-7 range is getting Collins from Atlanta and sending him to Portland, Sacramento, or Detroit. I think the most likely way to get a bunch of top picks is to trade Donovan to Detroit for 5 and Grant. Send Grant to Portland for 7/Bledsoe and give them Royce or Bogey to put in their trade exception… Send Rudy to Atlanta for Capela, Collins, 16… send Collins and 16 to Sacramento for Holmes, Harkless, Davis, #4 (can do Holiday instead… however they want to fill salary).

Take Ivey, Murray, Daniel’s and start the tank.

Sacramento won’t want more small guards… they might do 4/Davion and maybe one other pick but 3 is wild in their situation. I think they would do something around 4 for Collins or Grant though.

If you can find something good for Rudy I’d do it and then shop Donovan with confidence that I know I can get something solid. Retool now before one of these guys gets hurt or shows some decline…

Portland won’t do that. Hayward is not positive value on his deal. They’d need more than loose ends.

I think the best way to get in the 4-7 range is getting Collins from Atlanta and sending him to Portland, Sacramento, or Detroit. I think the most likely way to get a bunch of top picks is to trade Donovan to Detroit for 5 and Grant. Send Grant to Portland for 7/Bledsoe and give them Royce or Bogey to put in their trade exception… Send Rudy to Atlanta for Capela, Collins, 16… send Collins and 16 to Sacramento for Holmes, Harkless, Davis, #4 (can do Holiday instead… however they want to fill salary).

To add on this… you can trade Capela or Holmes again later to alleviate the logjam at center. Or you can keep them and wait for an injury and get something for one or both of them.

No contender is relying on a rim protecting center who can't spread the floor. Boston was struggling with Robert Williams (who is pretty damn good), so they just benched him for a big who has some range and can defend the perimeter a bit better.

Trade Rudy to a team desperate to be relevant - Charlotte, Chicago, Atlanta, Sacramento, etc. They will give us something we can work with. Also see if we can get any youth for Conley and or Bojan.

Evaluate the roster and maybe look to trade Don at the deadline or next offseason if things still look grim. He won't lose value by that time but we know that Rudy will.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

If you can find something good for Rudy I’d do it and then shop Donovan with confidence that I know I can get something solid. Retool now before one of these guys gets hurt or shows some decline…

I think the Jazz are pretty confident they can move Donovan a year from now if they want to. I don't think they feel a rush to do anything with Donovan.

This could just be done as 2 separate trades:

Trade 1 before the draft: Utah trades Gobert to ATL for Capela, Collins and #16

Trade 2 during the draft: Utah trades Collins to POR for Bledsoe, #7 and something else from Portland

Jazz would clearly have to love someone available at #7.

Trade 2 during the draft: Utah trades Collins to POR for Bledsoe, #7 and something else from Portland

I’d rather just have Collins.

I feel like if we just did trade #1 I’d be cool to see where we are by the deadline. I would like to see us send Bogey or Clarkson for Heurter if they will. Are the guys available in the draft around 13-16 still good? I never follow the draft since we never have a first hahaha